2024 Qua Birdsong 4* LB from GA

Advertisement
"Miami is definitely my top school"

“Coach Derek Nicholson called and offered me, and the phone call went very good,” Birdsong said. “Me and coach clicked instantly. His energy was amazing! (He said) ‘WE NEED YOU HERE! COME LEAD THIS DEFENSE!’

“Miami is definitely my top school right now.”

“How early I can make an impact on the field,” Birdsong said when asked what else makes Miami stand out to him. “The most important thing (in my recruitment) is if a coach wants to see me develop off the field, not just on the field, and how I early I can make an impact on the field.”

He's from Lagrange, GA. That's in a lil pocket of west GA that has some good athletic, talented, hard nosed kids. Both schools over there (Lagrange and Troupe Co.), has had some good talent walk thru those doors.

Advertisement
He's from Lagrange, GA. That's in a lil pocket of west GA that has some good athletic, talented, hard nosed kids. Both schools over there (Lagrange and Troupe Co.), has had some good talent walk thru those doors.
My high school. Kid is a baller. Would love to see a top notch kid head to UM but it will be tough sledding. The third school in the system (Callaway) also produces good players.

He said Miami in the lead, and with that list, i think he on commit watch. Respectfully to all the other 4 teams. I said already, he looks like Wesley clone. And at 6'2 he has the height to get to 220 in a couple years easily. They cant block him, he will feast in Guidry scheme.

Advertisement
My high school. Kid is a baller. Would love to see a top notch kid head to UM but it will be tough sledding. The third school in the system (Callaway) also produces good players.
Why would it be tough sledding? He said the canes lead.

Back before the days of GPS, in my young coaching days, we from eastern Ga. we’re looking for directions to Lagrange High School stadium. An old man from there, told us this. “Get to Lagrange, take a right at the first traffic light, and drive until they start kicking your ***. Look to the right. Stadium is there.” 🤣😂🤣 But yeah, there are some really tough kids in that pocket of GA.

Last edited:
Birdsong? Kid definitely has some Native American in him. Either way looks like a legit modern day LB prospect. If we can somehow get in the West GA that’ll hurt Clemson.

Advertisement
His tape does not give me confidence in his ability to play linebacker at a high level here. We haven’t seen one DE converted LB become a stud. There are other guys we’re after that are bigger and show more versatility on tape

Advertisement
His tape does not give me confidence in his ability to play linebacker at a high level here. We haven’t seen one DE converted LB become a stud. There are other guys we’re after that are bigger and show more versatility on tape
He is not a DE though

I feel you but I don't think we're in any luxury to turn any talent away and especially at the linebacker position where we need speedy aggressive players at. Let's see what he does as a senior 1st and let the chips fall where they may

Lmao what??!!
He mostly plays LB (and well) on his highlights! He’s obviously a LB that HS coaches put everywhere to because of his speed and quickness to get an advantage. Used like a Swiss Army knife. Needs to gain weight though. I see Anthony Barr in his game.

Advertisement
Back