QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

Didn't they have two QB's visiting? They were never completely all-in on Ward and Howard had the green light to commit. They 100% had a plan B but whiffed on both.
According to Cribby Tagovailoa was always option #3 as well. Poffenbarger is just the insurance policy to have enough arms at practice if Tag doesn't get approved.

Tag doesn't hit the portal if he doesn't think he has a very good shot of getting another year IMO. He is being supported by both Bama and Maryland on the waiver.

Advertisement
IMO Spring is a more important transfer window. Coaching changes happen. You get a much better read on your roster especially with Frshman now sophomores and the freshman you bring in. Much better understanding of what’s needed.

Lot of Guys transfer in the spring. Most of best transfers were spring guys in our roster.

At QB, There will be more names. It has been said it’s not Reese and then they are done.
I just hope you are right, we all want the same thing. I’m just a little less optimistic than you that they will figure it out.

Advertisement
Ok fine. We were supposed to get the top QB in the portal and now are balls are tied to the ******* NCAA waiver process and a guy coming from FCS.

Who’s responsible for that? Do you think it is a result of a good and well-thought strategy?
Is your *****ing and moaning going to get you anywhere?

I just hope you are right, we all want the same thing. I’m just a little less optimistic than you that they will figure it out.
Totally fair. Just think it’s doesn’t hurt to bring him in spring if you’re going to wait to post spring/Taulia. He’s a flyer, no guarantee he’s a good enough. But if he is, problem solved. If not, you have to address it post spring.

Not arguing the staff fumbled it this window. We shouldn’t be here right now. But Ward told everyone he was coming, and didn’t. Howard didn’t want to be here. They should have had a better plan. It is what it is. I’m not going to take anything away from the kid and I hope Alonzo and Staff are making good evaluation on him. I think their hit rate on evaluations has been successful enough.

Advertisement
Hire Lane Kiffin.
Welcome to the Resistance......
the force awakens resistance GIF by Star Wars

Advertisement
Advertisement
It helps when you have several years of success prior. Wonder how they got there…
Mmm he has only been at the school for 2 years so several years of success idk… anyways he asked me what strategy I would go with and I’m just telling him that’s how I would’ve handed it .

Not saying their success can't continue but it'll be interesting to see how that offense fairs moving forward against BIG defenses
Agreed. I meant it as Mario helped build that program up and left it in great shape for Lanning and he has continued it. Mario is working behind the eight ball from what he inherited from Manny and Richt. Specifically the QB position.

IMO Spring is a more important transfer window. Coaching changes happen. You get a much better read on your roster especially with Frshman now sophomores and the freshman you bring in. Much better understanding of what’s needed.

Lot of Guys transfer in the spring. Most of best transfers were spring guys in our roster.

At QB, There will be more names. It has been said it’s not Reese and then they are done.
This is absolute nonsense. Take a look at the 2023 spring qb transfers—ZERO difference makers.

Advertisement
Back