QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

Advertisement
you think if Riley has another crap year his job is in jeopardy?
I do. The PAC12 schedule was a joke and Lincoln Riley with a Heisman level QB got beat down in multiple games this season. He can't afford to go into year three at USC entering the BIG10 and get ran over.

you think if Riley has another crap year his job is in jeopardy?
Nah, I’d imagine it has everything to do with the fact that when you are a QB whisperer you know that the portal well will never dry up. If Riley says the starting role is open, pretty much every QB will be interested and will listen.

Advertisement
Nelson is not the answer for Miami in 2024.

If we don't get Ward we are going to be scrambling.
well that's the question

IF we don't get ward, Is nelson better than jacurri brown?

idk, probably?

But staff will be in charge of judging what's left in the portal vs what we have on roster

What @Hoyacane1620 posted has me a little worried IF Miami was going to take Nelson. The shoulder injury that look longer to heal and also seems like he’s the QB version of Cyrus Moss and can’t put on good weight. I get he’s talented but those are two big concerns

Advertisement
What @Hoyacane1620 posted has me a little worried IF Miami was going to take Nelson. The shoulder injury that look longer to heal and also seems like he’s the QB version of Cyrus Moss and can’t put on good weight. I get he’s talented but those are two big concerns
true but also way less important for a qb than for a DE like moss

Bryce young won a heisman at 5'11 185 (maybe lower)

nelson is 6'3 190, maybe Feld and them can get him to 200+ ?

true but also way less important for a qb than for a DE like moss

Bryce young won a heisman at 5'11 185 (maybe lower)

nelson is 6'3 190, maybe Feld and them can get him to 200+ ?

Nelson got that basketball guard type of body that Moss does. Different body type than young and Murray who are just short.

Advertisement
I know some of you read the same posts I did. Boosters are throwing $ at the QB position to win immediatey, but folks are discussing bringing in Malachi Nelson who hasn't been a starter. QB's like Malachi or Moore are the choices after Miami pulls in the starter for next season.

I know some of you read the same posts I did. Boosters are throwing $ at the QB position to win immediatey, but folks are discussing bringing in Malachi Nelson who hasn't been a starter. QB's like Malachi or Moore are the choices after Miami pulls in the starter for next season.
I think it's assumed that when we're talking about any qb outside of ward, it's an "IF we miss ward" scenario

If Ward is a silent, we’re good. If he’s not, what other proven veteran QBs are out there?

Advertisement
I think it's assumed that when we're talking about any qb outside of ward, it's an "IF we miss ward" scenario
Moore or Malachi are going to demand some NIL $, NIL $ which will probably be spent on a starter at a different position. Sure, bring in one of them................after you have spent a certain amount of NIL $ on the starter(s) Wouldn't want some of these dudes budgeting our NIL $ or much less being a GM managing a salary cap. These dudes are working with monopoly $ I guess. Booster's want their $ spent wisely and it isn't unlimited. They can go ahead and dream about blowing the NIL load on 2 QB's vs worrying about the rest of the roster though.

If Ward is a silent, we’re good. If he’s not, what other proven veteran QBs are out there?
So you expect Miami to chase a guy who will likely not be your starter vs another starter at another program with actual starting experience if they were to miss on Ward. Ok then. LMFAO

Moore or Malachi are going to demand some NIL $, NIL $ which will probably be spent on a starter at a different position. Sure, bring in one of them................after you have spent a certain amount of NIL $ on the starter(s) Wouldn't want some of these dudes budgeting our NIL $ or much less being a GM managing a salary cap. These dudes are working with monopoly $ I guess. Booster's want their $ spent wisely and it isn't unlimited. They can go ahead and dream about blowing the NIL load on 2 QB's vs worrying about the rest of the roster though.

I dont think nelson is leaving USC to go sit somewhere, and I don't think Moore is coming to Miami - way too much Oregon smoke. Personally, I don't think we're going after either of these two dudes (Moore or nelson) unless we miss out on Ward, in which case they'd be coming here to be the starter

IF we miss out on ward here's what's left in the portal as of now

Dante Moore
Maalik Murphy
DJU
Malachi Nelson
Jordan McCloud
KJ Jefferson

or we roll with Jacurri

it's bleak to say the least, more qb's will probably enter, but not the caliber of what already has

Advertisement
Back