QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

I

I coached him in 7v7 in high school.
He’s got all the tools. He probably has the most upside too as he wasn’t a starter on his HS team until midway through his junior season and then he got injured during his senior year. He’s going to have a couple more big jumps in development.

Very humble kid. We text every so often, and its always yes, sir or thanks Coach.

I think his relative inexperience will not be a fit here for next year, but he’s about to get paid and in 2 years we just might be regretting not bringing him in.
We will almost assuredly regret not bringing him in. That kid is a talent and he is a mentally tough leader who is also humble. Plus he would have 3 years of eligibility. I'm not saying he is the only answer but he's a really great one. I just hope the staff doesn't over think this. Pratt couldn't hold Sorsby's jockstrap.

Advertisement
Sorsby with our skill guys would be crazy
Posted this last week but here’s his stats:

Brendan Sorsby, RS FR Indiana: 1,361 Yds, 7.3 adjusted Y/A, 12 TD, 5.83% TD%, 2 INT, 0.97% INT%, 130.1 QBRate, 232 RYds, 4 TDs, 98 attempts.

I don't watch Indiana games, but For a RS Frosh, Sorsby has decent stats. His first 4 games were tough - playing tOSU, Maryland, and Michigan. He basically did nothing positive in those games. But over his next 5 he had 1,067 Yards, 148 attempts, 59.5% Comp%, 10 TDs - 6.76%, 2 INT - 1.35%, 151 RYds, and 4 RTDs.

Posted this last week but here’s his stats:

Brendan Sorsby, RS FR Indiana: 1,361 Yds, 7.3 adjusted Y/A, 12 TD, 5.83% TD%, 2 INT, 0.97% INT%, 130.1 QBRate, 232 RYds, 4 TDs, 98 attempts.

I don't watch Indiana games, but For a RS Frosh, Sorsby has decent stats. His first 4 games were tough - playing tOSU, Maryland, and Michigan. He basically did nothing positive in those games. But over his next 5 he had 1,067 Yards, 148 attempts, 59.5% Comp%, 10 TDs - 6.76%, 2 INT - 1.35%, 151 RYds, and 4 RTDs.
I did and as I mentioned in a previous post, he will have several BIG leaps of improvement over the next couple of years. Honesty, this season was really just the 2nd complete season he has played live snaps (HS/College combIned). Late bloomer who will blossom greatly.

Advertisement
I did and as I mentioned in a previous post, he will have several BIG leaps of improvement over the next couple of years. Honesty, this season was really just the 2nd complete season he has played live snaps (HS/College combIned). Late bloomer who will blossom greatly.
Unfortunately I think for what we need next year he’d be pretty risky. He’s probably one of the better 2 year options though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I watched Liberty the other night and like that Salter kids game a lot. He’s a Sophomore out of TX and has a great presence. Throws well and can run. Hopefully we are eyeing more than just kids looking for new scenery and ones that have potential to do more. This kids game would be great under Dawson.
He’s already transferred once so would have to be a grad transfer to play next year.

Advertisement
We need a difference maker to get to the next level. Somebody that can make the 5-6 plays a game to win games. Albeit a run , scramble or throwing a dime on third down. We need more than a game manager.
I think recency bias had me wanting an “anti-TVD” game manager type. High floor, low ceiling that wouldn’t throw away games.

But now I think I’m with you @Cribby. The Clemson game was a mirage. That was a low performing offense that also turned the ball over against us and we still had to go overtime with them. And don’t forget, we needed “good TVD” to beat A&M (a game manager is likely not enough to win that game.

Not sure I know enough to be hoping for a particular candidate, but I’m guessing we need more Cam Ward than Will Rogers.

Rodger’s is out. We’re after better than him, he’s a plan c or d.
I heard somewhere that the goal is to get the portal QB as soon as possible to show recruits (and keep current guys). Do you agree? If so, do you think our Plan A/B guys would sign that quickly?

Rodger’s is out. We’re after better than him, he’s a plan c or d.
Will Rogers alwasy seeme dlike a safety option. .. well wait are you saying will rodgers or chandler rodgers?
But I was saying If Sorsbys options are illinois cinci, and miss st, his NIL offer must not be huge. Makes me wonder if we'd be able to get him as a QB2? Probably not cause he's leaving a starting job and probbaly wants a guaranteed starting job...

LIke I said I'd expect our top 4 to be like Ward, Taulia, Henigan, and Chandler Rodgers.
Also wouldn't be surprised to see us going for Raynor. He played well. Better than like Dante Moore....

I just hope we have our guy within like 1.5 weeks. ESD is the 20th. And the portal fully opens tomorrow I believe.

Advertisement
Back