QB1 Controversy????

Advertisement
Credit to Dawson for scheming exactly what Emory needed for success. Adjustments are key and this could have been a disaster. Smart coordinator choices and team moxie are an excellent combination.

Jesus this board sometimes...some of the things I've seen in this thread 🤦🏿‍♂️

TVD v Emory: TVD far and away gives us our best chance to win games. I'm not sure what y'all watched but Emory looked just ok. Pump the brakes on overtaking our pretty **** good starter even with his flaws.

Emory: Why do we constantly do this to our Freshman QBs. I'm bullish on his future but let's not get ahead of ourselves. We might really have something here but the mop up time play and this wildly conservative game is not nearly the sample size to be talking about him as a sure thing that should be displacing anyone.

Jacurri: If this kid is a competitor there's no shot he should be considering a transfer. He still has a skill set that can absolutely be a program changer for us if he can grow as a passer. Keep developing and battle it out kid

Advertisement
Advertisement
Told everyone Emory's the real deal...18 MFing yrs old and playing Clemson in his 1st game. They should've let this kid throw earlier.
Friday GIF

He’s definitely the future-He’s poised like Ken Dorsey was when he first started-

Beautiful touch he throws the ball with-

If TVD is healthy he will start-

We definitely have a backup QB now-

Brown probably should hit the portal I don’t see him playing at Miami anymore.
Disagree! He knows the offense so I wouldn't want him to hit the portal! He deserves next spring and fall camp to gage his progress! He is on the clock though now that Emory has stuck out his chest!!

Advertisement
We dont need or have a controversy. Tvd is still our top QB. Emory may be “the guy” for the future but still needs work. Seems like a great kid thatll wrk his butt off to get there.

If emory starts next week, Dawson NEEDS to expand the offense. This limited playbook works once. UVA will be dialed in to what we did last night. I would definitely have some J. Brown packages to help with the running game and keep the defense thinking.

Tvd is the starter. And it’s not even close
Not close????🤣😂🤣😂riiiiight…… Now what’s clear to me though is how much better a frosh Qb handled adversity (after interception) than TVDud would’ve. The game felt different with the kid as Qb1. Even though Dawson was frustrating the Fock out of every Canes fan especially after running out the clock when we got the ball back with 1 min 26 sec left before halftime. Even with all the conservative antics by Dawson the kid managed the game and the team rallied around him and he made great throws. That drop Colbie Young had was a perfect throw. Maybe TVD can be Qb Coach since humble Emory praised him for helping him during the game. Go Canes!!!!

Advertisement
I think we're in good hands when TVD leaves, but if you can't trust your QB to lead you down the field with a minute left to win the game, he's not your guy. I don't believe we make that calculation with TVD in. Kid played great for a TF making his first start because he did enough to win the game, but nothing to conclude he's that dude. Excited to see how he turns out if he continues to develop.

We dont need or have a controversy. Tvd is still our top QB. Emory may be “the guy” for the future but still needs work. Seems like a great kid thatll wrk his butt off to get there.

If emory starts next week, Dawson NEEDS to expand the offense. This limited playbook works once. UVA will be dialed in to what we did last night. I would definitely have some J. Brown packages to help with the running game and keep the defense thinking.
Yes to Jacurri!!!! I wish he would have been used some during GTech game since it was a sloppy type game with the rain and dual threat Qb’s mobility help for such games in my humble opinion.

Advertisement
Back