QB1 Controversy????

Advertisement
I don’t get the TVD slurping, we lost to worse defenses than Clemson with him at the helm the last two games. I like him as a QB physically he has all the tools. Mentally he may be lacking right now. I hope he gets well and balls out the rest of the season.

Advertisement
1697974941924.gif

Advertisement
Wouldn’t know. Dawson wouldn’t let the kid sling it. Awful game plan. Scared.

We won the game.

He plan wasn't too bad.

I too, wish he'd have turned the kid loose earlier - but that constant pounding paid off - all the way to the end. Had to be pretty confident for the 2-point conversion - and that really put the pressure on Clemson.

Advertisement
Kid has the confidence and poise you want to see

Definitely still needs time before he’s ready to take over

Let him start against UVA next week and give TVD another 2 weeks to heal before NC ST and FSU

Still isn't a QB controversy he's not ready he just got a light's out performance from the defense 3 turnovers and complete dominantion up front against the run. TVD plays the game isn't close

I stated that the players would be playing lights out to help the kid out.

They wanted him to win, and THEN they wanted themselves to win.

Prove me wrong.

Advertisement
Clemson playing as much man to man on the outside as they do really helped Emory in the 4th quarter as he had easy reads, but had to make throws against really good CB’s. Nate Wiggins is BIG time.
TVD is also very, very good against man to man on the outside.
But when we play against less talented ACC defensive backfields (every other team on our schedule except FSU), they will play zone.

So my question for this debate is which QB do you think will be better against a zone defense; the veteran who has seen it all but has struggled historically against zone D’s, or the true freshman who has very little playing experience against teams that will drop 7-8.

What we saw last night was that in clutch time, Mario and crew put the game in the hands of the OL Def., and the RBs. Yes EW had to make some throws, and he played better once Dawson loosened up in the passing game. But this game was put on the strength of our OL and Def. With the same game plan, we win by 14+ with TVD, but if we had TVD, would we have used the same plan? **** No…and we definitely would’ve tried to score at the end of regulation…... and just maybe it would have cost us the game.. Our OL stepped they game up, from the first snap till the last.

Edit: I think the OL realized that they had to step up and protect the youngin, because their regular QB was not playing. They dug Clemson’s *** out of tge LOS.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back