QB With Best Arm In UM History.....

Advertisement
My Top 5....
*Testeverde (There is No Doubt)
* Jim Kelly
* Morris
* Scott Covington (Don't Laugh...Kid had a Howitzer...)
* Kenny Kelly...
That being said....I think it was @Matador that said Mira Sr could throw a ball through a wall....

Crazy thing is that only two of those QBs were really elite.

My Top 5....
* Jim Kelly
* Morris
* Kenny Kelly...
That being said....I think it was @Matador that said Mira Sr could throw a ball through a wall....

Strongest arm, might be Stephen Morris. Did it always go where you wanted it to? No, but he could throw a football into tomorrow off his back foot.
But since the question asked for best arm, I'd say the HOFer in Jim Kelly. He rode his arm to a HOF career, none of the others did or will.

Advertisement
Strongest arm, might be Stephen Morris. Did it always go where you wanted it to? No, but he could throw a football into tomorrow off his back foot.
But since the question asked for best arm, I'd say the HOFer in Jim Kelly. He rode his arm to a HOF career, none of the others did or will.
Testerverde's arm at UM is legendary...

My Top 5....
* Jim Kelly
* Morris
* Kenny Kelly...

Everytime I hear "He has a Howitzer for an arm," I chuckle. A pure howitzer (not the later Gun-Howitzers, like an M110A2) like a 75mm Pack Howitzer, this definition applies:

how·itz·er
ˈhouətsər/
noun
  1. a short gun for firing shells on high trajectories at low velocities.

Sounds like Jacory Harris...

Everytime I hear "He has a Howitzer for an arm," I chuckle. A pure howitzer (not the later Gun-Howitzers, like an M110A2) like a 75mm Pack Howitzer, this definition applies:

how·itz·er
ˈhouətsər/
noun
  1. a short gun for firing shells on high trajectories at low velocities.

Sounds like Jacory Harris...
That Pass Jacory threw to Benjamin in 09 was Top 5 in UM History...

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was a fan of Covington. I was in the end zone at Doak when he got thrown into the goal post. Between that beating and UCLA he earned his Cane card.

I may be crazy/mistaken, but didn't Costa have rep for having a big arm?

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Covington was a solid QB for us - just happened to play when we had teams that weren't as competitive if I have the years right.

And he may have been the 1st LA-area QB we had - and the first starter.

It just isn't Miami unless we have a QB on the roster from somewhere in California.

I know people will question me putting Covington on the list...........Don't

Advertisement
Back