QB With Best Arm In UM History.....

Good points. That rule change they just implemented will help with that quite a bit. No more eligibility being thrown away because a freshman backup had to come in for a couple games to relieve an injured player.

Even then, Golden's utilization of talent was so sideways. Had Morris redshirted in 2010, Golden would have found a way to ***** that up.

Depending on how much stock you put in Feliciano's tell-all, Golden was hellbent on playing a TF Kaaya so he could have an excuse when the team didn't perform. Supposedly Williams was ready to go. Definitely a conversation for another thread/time.

But yeah...Morris had so much potential. I'd take a do-over on him in a heartbeat.

Guaranteed Mongo was telling the truth.

100%

Advertisement
Guaranteed Mongo was telling the truth.

100%

Yeah I don't doubt it for a second. He had no reason to make anything up. That interview was when I realized how bad the Golden era REALLY was. As a fan, you see the poor development, the bad coaching, etc...but you never think that the dude is treating young men like slaves behind closed doors and creating such a negative atmosphere that people are afraid to even ask the guy a question. Still smh so much over that time period.

My Top 5....
*Testeverde (There is No Doubt)
* Jim Kelly
* Morris
* Scott Covington (Don't Laugh...Kid had a Howitzer...)
* Kenny Kelly...
That being said....I think it was @Matador that said Mira Sr could throw a ball through a wall....

Ain't no laughing @ Covington, he could play. Ultra reliable QB.

Advertisement
Covington was a solid QB for us - just happened to play when we had teams that weren't as competitive if I have the years right.

And he may have been the 1st LA-area QB we had - and the first starter.

It just isn't Miami unless we have a QB on the roster from somewhere in California.

Covington was far from the worst QB this team has ever had. It was possible to win with him. With a better defense, there's a good chance we'd remember the 1998 season for more than just beating UCLA.

The way i heard it, his family were beating up the Temple fans.
He had about 40 of His fans at the game. Stadium was basically empty.
Costa beat the Nollies in 94,, he gets a seat in our Pantheon of Nole Killers.
Have a cigar Mr Costa..

Easily Costa's best ever game. I remember him continually frustrating the FSU D-line, getting them to jump offsides.

Advertisement
That’s BC our stubborn OC wouldn’t leave Berlin in shotgun. He was night and day it seemed BC of that.
Yep, but he was downright awful under center. I don't recall Covington ever being that bad. Yeah, he had some rough moments, but when you consider how our team was on probation and had some serious roster issues because of it, while Berlin was on a team full of first rounders, it makes it a no brainer. Put Convington on the 2003 team and we might play for a title, again.

Yep, but he was downright awful under center. I don't recall Covington ever being that bad. Yeah, he had some rough moments, but when you consider how our team was on probation and had some serious roster issues because of it, while Berlin was on a team full of first rounders, it makes it a no brainer. Put Convington on the 2003 team and we might play for a title, again.

True about Covington under center.

Had we played Berlin in shotgun all season, we’d have probably played for the title as well.

Imagine if we had either one of them right now.

Advertisement
Back