QB to run the spread

We need depth, recruiting and and good coaching.

At this point, the only thing we can control is coaching.

We had a chance to get Evan Neal out of Okeechobee, whos starting right now as a true freshman. Richt screwed that one up royally.

Our dline was underperforming until Coach Kool showed up; then they played significantly better. Wasn't a great recruiter, but was a great technique coach.

Thats how you fix the oline; no matter what offense you have.

Thought Neal got bagged late.

How did we lose him if it wasn’t money?

Advertisement
Thought Neal got bagged late.

How did we lose him if it wasn’t money?

I can't say on here, but I've heard the story. Not trying to act like some super-secret insider sounding cool. Okeechobee is a small town; you hear things. Was a **** sight better prospect than Zion. Saw it in person.

Let's just say that your inferrence is something I can't confirm or deny. But if it did theoretically happen; I imagine we would've had the oppurtunity of the first bid.

Incidentally, his parents were driving nice, new vehicles after his recruiting process was over. Quite the coincidence, and I'm positive it had nothing to do whatsoever with his recruitment.

Because I most certainly wouldn't accuse anyone of anything or defame their character without proof.

Sorry guys, I really can't comment on it further than that. :/

Last edited:
The current offense we’re running is making our o line look worse than what it really is IMO

Absolutely agree.

When you have a terrible line the last thing you call are long developing play action passes, especially where the QB turns his back.

You could easily run lots of short concept routes with a 3 step drop and screens, then hit a double move if the defense starts to sit on those. Enos is just too **** stubborn to do anything different, like he's a teenager holding a grudge and trying to prove his parents wrong.

We need an Oklahoma/Oklahoma St type air raid spread that gives us running lanes. Our best and deepest position is running back. We need to utilize that.
Manny had that guy.
Don't know if CIS would have liked the hire last year but I was "disappointed" to hear that Gleeson was set for the OC position with Diaz at Temple before he came back.
Dammit. Why not here?
@BoxingRobes
@Paranos
@luciano.8

Last edited:
Advertisement
Should spread the field and let Cam Harris gash them until they commit guys to the box and work the dink and dunk game. Enos is asking these guys to do a job without the right tools.

Manny had that guy.
Don't know if CIS would have liked the hire last year but I was "disappointed" to hear that Gleeson was set for the OC position with Diaz at Temple before he came back.
Dammit.
@BoxingRobes
@Paranos
@luciano.8

Me, on 11/4/2018

If money is an issue (its not)...then go to the FCS level and find someone unique. Cal did. Oklahoma State did. Oregon did.

Sean Gleeson at Princeton. Young OC/QBC that - in two seasons - has basically re-written the Princeton record book offensively.

Later that day...

Other names to look at if we are getting cute and cheap.

Sean Gleeson, OC/QBC @ Princeton.

Plus more in the same time period.

I'm a bozo on a forum and could correctly identify an up and coming, innovative offensive coordinator.

Why can't people that make millions?

Me, on 11/4/2018

Later that day...

Plus more in the same time period.

I'm a bozo on a forum and could correctly identify an up and coming, innovative offensive coordinator.

Why can't people that make millions?

I saw those, that's why I @ you.
I played HS baseball with his dad at Glen Ridge.
I didn't want to bug him about Sean but I had to know if Miami has/had a shot.
He replied in an email yesterday about the Temple situation.

Manny had that guy.
Dammit. Why not here?
@BoxingRobes
@Paranos
@luciano.8

Where did you hear that Gleeson was heading to Temple with Diaz?

We would have been thrilled with Sean Gleeson. An we would be thrilled to have now as the new OC. Pay this dude $600k base +$100k bonus if he makes UM a Top 15 scoring offense in 2020 an let's get it going, he is making $400k now.

Go Canes

This was a good game for Gleeson.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I saw those, that's why I @ you.
I played HS baseball with his dad at Glen Ridge.
I didn't want to bug him about Sean but I had to know if Miami has/had a shot.
He replied in an email yesterday about the Temple situation.

That is just criminal!

Go Canes

That is just criminal!

Go Canes

No shet.
Verbatim:

Hey Mike:

Sean interviewed with Manny Diaz last year for the OC job at Temple. They spent about eight hours together. He offered him the job and they were finalizing the details when Diaz's phone started blowing up about Miami and, obviously, everything changed. Not sure if he'd leave after one year, but who knows. There's been some interest from other schools as well. Tough to keep uprooting your family. He and his wife have two small kids. He also has a three year contract, so there'd be a buyout. Great to hear from you. Have a nice holiday. Glee

When you think about it, this made sense for both sides.
Princeton is about an hour from Temple.
A Temple seemed like the next logical step for Sean, until someone with balls from OSU decided to take a shot.

I asked if there were any discusions about the same position at Miami.
No response yet.

Last edited:
These 4 QB's are in the playoffs:
Burrow runs a 4.8
Lawrence runs a 4.7
Both Fields and Hurts runs a 4.5.

Our 3 QB's:
Williams runs a 4.8
Perry runs a 4.7
Martell runs a 4.6

This best combination of run/pass skills we have on the roster is probably Jarren Williams. The QB must be able to run/pass equally as well or the defense will just take away the 1 thing the QB does best.

Perry is slow to get the ball out of his hands and makes reads poorly
Martell sprays the ball around, sometimes he can't hit the broad side of a barn (short hops or overthrows easy passes)
Williams the best passer of the 3 and is a sufficient runner (see the first 1/2 of the UF game with a quick passing game - lethal accuracy)

I believe most of us are trying to imagine one of our 3 QB's in a spread when our OC/QB coach runs a slow developing pure pro style offense.

The aforementioned QB's above (Burrow and Lawrence) don't run any better than our 3 QB's. Whichever one of our QB's can pass/run equally as well would be the one that would be named QB.

There seems to be an obsession with Martell based on running ability, but can he pass well enough? I don't know. At the end of the day if he can't pass then the defense will simply stack the line of scrimmage and take away the run and then we are in a situation if he can't hit open targets with the ball.

Jonathan Moxon, QB of the West Canaan Coyotes, utilized Mississippi Valley States “Oopty Oop" offense, which overloads "the defense on the strong side (with four receivers), (then) burns them one-on-one on the other." This scheme averaged over 40 points a game but Bud Kilmer wanted no part of it.

Advertisement
No shet.
Verbatim:

Hey Mike:

Sean interviewed with Manny Diaz last year for the OC job at Temple. They spent about eight hours together. He offered him the job and they were finalizing the details when Diaz's phone started blowing up about Miami and, obviously, everything changed. Not sure if he'd leave after one year, but who knows. There's been some interest from other schools as well. Tough to keep uprooting your family. He and his wife have two small kids. He also has a three year contract, so there'd be a buyout. Great to hear from you. Have a nice holiday. Glee

A Temple seemed like the next logical step for Sean, until someone with balls from OSU decided to take a shot.

I asked if there was any discussions about the same position at Miami.
No response yet.

Nothing says I told so you an here is proof of concept like having the nations leading rusher and a Top 15 total offense. It's crime that Enos almost pays more in tax's than Gleeson makes considering the results they both produced during the 2019 season. As for Sean Gleeson's buyout at Ok State I am guessing it is not that large of a buyout maybe 20% of contract balance.

Go Canes

Well it depends on which specific OC we had, because there's different variations of Spread offenses & each OC runs it differently according to their personnel.

If we were running a SMU style Offense, I'd probably go with Kosi.

If we were running a UCF/Oklahoma Air Raid/Spread I might go with Tate.

If we're running a more RPO heavy Spread I'd go with Jarren or TVD.

But in all honesty I would probably go get a Grad Transfer QB out the Portal rather than go another season with any of these QB's.
Im praying we go the UCF/Oklahoma style of offense. Fast pace offense that still runs the ball a lot. This would be very attractive to all the south fl ballers. Plenty of touches to go around when you run 80 plus offense snaps a game.

Jonathan Moxon, QB of the West Canaan Coyotes, utilized Mississippi Valley States “Oopty Oop" offense, which overloads "the defense on the strong side (with four receivers), (then) burns them one-on-one on the other." This scheme averaged over 40 points a game but Bud Kilmer wanted no part of it.
I ****** love that movie lol

Advertisement
No shet.
Verbatim:

Hey Mike:

I asked if there were any discusions about the same position at Miami.
No response yet.

So any reply.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back