QB Situation

For those who claimed Sitkowski was benched due to injury rather than undeniably poor performance...

Artur Sitkowski returned to action for the second half of IMG’s 38-14 road win against Venice (Fla.) High School on Friday. The 4-star quarterback went 5 for 10 for 19 yards. The senior also had 4 carries for 14 yards.

Season stats: 42 for 72, 323 yards, 2 touchdowns, 3 interceptions; 22 carries, 2 yards

https://www.springfieldnewssun.com/...sses-pair-img-juniors/AjXXIk7hslv1O32kLJpjjP/
Got ****! The ****?!? Lol

He's sooooo bad. This kid has never had a season where he threw more TD's than INT's.

He makes Jake Allen garbage *** look like Brady. Richt really needs to reevaluate what he sees in this kid.

He's not even a project, he's just a tall kid who can't play, god awful accuracy & can't handle high level competition.

We need to get Casey Thompson, Adrian Martinez, DTR, Jarren Williams or just about anybody else.

Cant Agree more LCE.... Really surprised we haven't heard of Richt at least showing interest in another QB

It is a bit odd ... really want to find out what they are thinking about the sitkowski situation. there's something going on, but not sure what.

I said it in another thread, but it's worth repeating:

Jack Tuttle from Mission Hills, CA
Brevin White, also from California

Those are the 2 QB's I think UM should be "all in" on. They are terrific prospects that fit this program. Would love to see us put on the full court press with these two.

Advertisement
^ His team is 3-1 and he’s nearing 1,000 yards throwing, has 400 rushing yards, and already accumulated 17 TD’s for The Benjamin school...the Baylor Bears offered him on the 5th to become the 12th offer

I've heard of him before, his brother plays 2nd Base for the Blue Jays so the requisite athleticism needed to thrive in the RPO should be in his genes. Haven't watched his film yet but many like yourself who have only rave about him. I'm intrigued already...

His Brother Devon is more of a utility man for the blue jays(avid baseball fan and I'm a Red Sox fanatic so I know him well because they play in the same division). Guy can play every position in the outfield, shortstop, and 3rd base(not many guys are athletic enough to do that in baseball). If this kid played for Palm Beach Central or Dwyer, everyone would be trying to come get this kid...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of funny you mention Palm Beach Central. Jordan Travis transferred from Palm Beach Central to Benjamin. Benjamin’s OC is Palm Beach County’s best HS QB coach, possibly the best in S. FL. There’s a freshman stud QB behind Travis, who’s father is a Miami Alum, who is about to blow up.

How is this dude even sniffing the top 5 pro style qb's right now???

View attachment 51742

All the other QBs are dual threat?

I would expect a ranking adjustment by the end of the season. Which is not good, but what are we going to do?

Could we, possibly, "take 2" this year, and claim that we lost a couple during the summer? If so, it's unlikely that we get anyone "more highly ranked". So either we offer Corral or we take a shot on a 3-star dual threat kid.

Pickowski's in the pro style group. Here's the dual threat group top 5:

View attachment 51746

I was trying a bit of sarcasm. I was trying to say that there are only 5 pro style QBs in the country, and that EVERY OTHER QB must be a dual threat.

Oh well.

I still think we will find a way to navigate this. People need to send massive (anonymous) care packages to IMG stuff with Rutgers gear.

For those who claimed Sitkowski was benched due to injury rather than undeniably poor performance...

Artur Sitkowski returned to action for the second half of IMG’s 38-14 road win against Venice (Fla.) High School on Friday. The 4-star quarterback went 5 for 10 for 19 yards. The senior also had 4 carries for 14 yards.

Season stats: 42 for 72, 323 yards, 2 touchdowns, 3 interceptions; 22 carries, 2 yards

https://www.springfieldnewssun.com/...sses-pair-img-juniors/AjXXIk7hslv1O32kLJpjjP/
Got ****! The ****?!? Lol

He's sooooo bad. This kid has never had a season where he threw more TD's than INT's.

He makes Jake Allen garbage *** look like Brady. Richt really needs to reevaluate what he sees in this kid.

He's not even a project, he's just a tall kid who can't play, god awful accuracy & can't handle high level competition.

We need to get Casey Thompson, Adrian Martinez, DTR, Jarren Williams or just about anybody else.

The excuse by some on here was that Sitkowski didn't have talent around him and didn't have an offense that fit his skill set.

He's surrounded by ESPN 300 kids which if I'm not mistaken runs a pro offense.

I don't like to bag on kids, but I just don't see it. Stats, or in this case lack thereof are a big red flag.

Advertisement
How is this dude even sniffing the top 5 pro style qb's right now???

View attachment 51742

All the other QBs are dual threat?

I would expect a ranking adjustment by the end of the season. Which is not good, but what are we going to do?

Could we, possibly, "take 2" this year, and claim that we lost a couple during the summer? If so, it's unlikely that we get anyone "more highly ranked". So either we offer Corral or we take a shot on a 3-star dual threat kid.

Pickowski's in the pro style group. Here's the dual threat group top 5:

View attachment 51746

I was trying a bit of sarcasm. I was trying to say that there are only 5 pro style QBs in the country, and that EVERY OTHER QB must be a dual threat.

Oh well.

I still think we will find a way to navigate this. People need to send massive (anonymous) care packages to IMG stuff with Rutgers gear.

My bad. I'm still drunk on Semenhole and Gaytor Tears.

Lol yup. And we have no idea if perry will work out. And rosier is gone after next year. Seems like we are set for years.

Advertisement
IMG's game getting underway. The Minnesota preferred walk-on commit still starting at QB over Sitkowski.

Sitkowski's first snap of tonight's game came with 2:00 left in the 4th quarter of a 43-19 blowout. Didn't attempt a pass.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bro look if this is the qb this is the qb I don't understand why you need 6 scholarship qb's on the roster at all times anyways give me 3 and put the other scholarships into kids who are social team players and happy to do it and not transfer really fast kids with bad offers give them a chance to give us depth without us worrying about them transferring

I’m not sure you need 6, but you need at least 4. Chances are at least 2 will be subpar at the most premium position on the team. Stats tend to bear this out at every level.

I’m not sure I subscribe to the latter half of your post either. You’ve got to recruit every player as if he’s going to be a future starter. This isn’t the NFL where you’re trying to manage rosters within a cap. It’s a carousel with significant turnover due to graduation, attrition, and injuries. You have to manage the roster thinking the next man up is a real starter.

As far as Sits, I’m just glad it ain’t December yet. Both parties still have time to move on if need be.

Peter Ariz silence on this is deafening.

Either he knows Richt is making a huge mistake or we have something silently in the works and he can't blow the cover on it.

Let's hope it's latter but I doubt it.

Advertisement
Back