QB PHILOSOPHY TEAM BUILDING IDEA

maurice3p

Senior
Instead of spending MILLIONS on a QB, that’s probably overvalued anyways, I believe Miami should spend more on the roster & take an average QB @ develop them.

Alabama, Georgia, Ohio state (until recently) never had a GREAT NFL QB. Their rosters were STACKED & they just had a kid that didn’t burn the house down.

Caleb Williams & Drake Maye, the two top projected QB’s in the NFL draft, play on teams that aren’t even good & they have to carry them week in & week out.

I think Miami should do what the 49ers do and take a cheaper QB (get multiple) and stack the roster.

Advertisement
We have Chud coming in.

I disagree with you completely. If we are going to run out TVD we better win now. We need someone who can play.

Also are you retarded? Most Bama QBs were Heisman hopefuls if they weren't NFL players. OSU has a Heisman hopefull at QB almost every year and it's always a different QB. [BGCOLOR=initial]UGA won a ship with a Heisman caliber QB. [/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]Miamis last 5 ships came with Heisman hopefull QBs. [/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]Who was the last non Heisman hopefull QBs to win a ship, Craig Crenzel? GTFO[/BGCOLOR]

We have Chud coming in.

I disagree with you completely. If we are going to run out TVD we better win now. We need someone who can play.

Also are you retarded? Most Bama QBs were Heisman hopefuls if they weren't NFL players. OSU has a Heisman hopefull at QB almost every year and it's always a different QB. [BGCOLOR=initial]UGA won a ship with a Heisman caliber QB. [/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]Who was the last non Heisman hopefull QBs to win a ship, Craig Crenzel? GTFO[/BGCOLOR]
Lol @ are you retarded 😅

Advertisement
Easier said than done. That means the x's and o's have to be on point which the 49ers have with Shanahan and company. Unfortunately, that is MC's weakness. A talented roster without the coaches getting out of their own way can only take us so far. How far, idk?
Not true.
UGA isn't exactly leaps and bounds regarding their defensive or offer since philosophies.
Have a strong defense and great running game and a mobile qb who doesn't throw picks and 1 or 2 players who can make big plays in the passing game, receiver or tight end.
MC made some mistakes but this painful process is the most successful way to go.
Whether it'll work here or not I guess we'll see.

Out talenting UGA, Bama, OSU, Michigan, etc. is never gonna happen. They are light years ahead of everyone else and that’s not slowing down. We aren’t gonna out X’s and O’s anybody with Mario as the HC. An elite QB is the equalizer in CFB.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Was that addresed to him individually or to all CIS?
SmartSelect_20231130_204326_Video Player.gif

Advertisement

Name all the good Alabama, UGA, Ohio state, & University of Miami QB’s in the NFL.

Name all the good Alabama, UGA, Ohio state, & University of Miami QB’s in the NFL.
It's clear by your question that reading is an issue. I'll try and nip this in the bud.

Your primary thesis was: We should allocate money to the rest of the roster instead of a quarterback. To, "...take an average QB @ [sic] develope them."

You supported your argument with the fallacious claim that UGA, OSU, and Bama only recently had great NFL QBs. You say that they, ..."just had a kid that didn't burn the house down." IE game manager.

I point out that they did in fact have guys burning the house down. A game manager is the exception. All of them consistently have QBs up for the Heisman even if they didn't make the league. For a cherry on top I point out that every championship Miami team also had a guy at least in the running for the Heisman.

The simple truth is we need a great quarterback. There is no substitute. Look for championship teams without one and you'll be left wanting.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Instead of spending MILLIONS on a QB, that’s probably overvalued anyways, I believe Miami should spend more on the roster & take an average QB @ develop them.

Alabama, Georgia, Ohio state (until recently) never had a GREAT NFL QB. Their rosters were STACKED & they just had a kid that didn’t burn the house down.

Caleb Williams & Drake Maye, the two top projected QB’s in the NFL draft, play on teams that aren’t even good & they have to carry them week in & week out.

I think Miami should do what the 49ers do and take a cheaper QB (get multiple) and stack the roster.
this depends on the prices.

In practice the gap between Cam Newton or Joe Burrow and a JAG QB is worth more than the whole portal haul for most teams.

My brotha, w/ all due respect:

The Bama u’re thinking of is from years’ past. Nick totally changed his philosophy up. From Hurts to now Milroe, they were all highly ranked blue chip QBs. The exception? Mac Jones.

UGA, also have had highly ranked QBs, including Beck now. The exception was Bennett.

OSU stays w/ highly ranked QBs.

Furthermore, Maye and Williams both just led their teams to Conference Championship games last season & will be 1st round picks.

We don’t care what guys do at the next level, we care what they do here. Lastly; u can’t compare us w/ the 49ers. Lol. Not only do they have a cheat code RB, WR, and a future HOF TE, but those guys are coached up by one of the most brilliant offensive minds in the NFL.

We just need to stack talent, period; that includes the QB position.

Will Rogers will lead the Canes to the ACC championship game in 2024 IMO.

Advertisement
Back