2025 QB Luke Nickel, Alpharetta, GA

All of Luke Nikels's throws last night...

**** @Coach Macho, y'all got some freakin' hitters out there. Congrats on the win. I can tell that he's a good QB prospect, cause I didn't see nobody on that highlight video, running "scot free" thru the secondary. He had to be accurate with the football. A lot of times HS QBs have inflated numbers cause they are throwing to wide open WRs all game. I didn't see that here. Y'all made them earn every yard. The fact that y'all didn't have any real breakdowns in coverage schemes, as many times as they threw it, is a testament to your kids and staff. Good job!

Advertisement
Lmao. Literally at Uncle Al's right now enjoying a 10 piece.

Good Dub, my man. Lemon peppers on me!

rick ross soda GIF by NOISEY

Milton had a TD run with 4 minutes left called back due to holding and the next play Nickel dropped a dime in the back of the end zone that the receiver had but the DB made a great play knocking it out. Not sure what was going on with the Milton center but this dude rolled/bounced no less than 10 snaps back to the QB, it was ridiculous.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sorry but this is meh

Same thing I thought.

He had some really nice throws, but they were countered by some incredibly poorly thrown balls.

Great job by the D having people in place on a lot of those throws, but flat out he looked dangerous for all the wrong reasons. In most cases his protection was great and he had a decent amount of time to throw the ball.

Arm strength looks pretty average. Too many lollipop throws and not enough zip. Spiral is inconsistent as ****. Fundamentally, he has a lot to work on, footwork and throwing motion, body angle, etc.

I know he's just entering his junior year, but all of the above combined with being 6'2, I want more. He's a long way from starting and I'm greedy. I want someone who can come in and challenge from day one.

Yes, I know a lot of that won't be popular, but I don't care. I always say what I think and that's my take on the video posted.

Milton had a TD run with 4 minutes left called back due to holding and the next play Nickel dropped a dime in the back of the end zone that the receiver had but the DB made a great play knocking it out. Not sure what was going on with the Milton center buy this dude rolled/bounced no less than 10 snaps back to the QB, it was ridiculous.
Wet conditions...
Plus by 0-tech Nose Guard is a pitbull.

**** @Coach Macho, y'all got some freakin' hitters out there. Congrats on the win. I can tell that he's a good QB prospect, cause I didn't see nobody on that highlight video, running "scot free" thru the secondary. He had to be accurate with the football. A lot of times HS QBs have inflated numbers cause they are throwing to wide open WRs all game. I didn't see that here. Y'all made them earn every yard. The fact that y'all didn't have any real breakdowns in coverage schemes, as many times as they threw it, is a testament to your kids and staff. Good job!
Ironically the only real breakdown was his touchdown throw.

Our Cornerback was supposed to be in Quarters coverage! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Advertisement
Same thing I thought.

He had some really nice throws, but they were countered by some incredibly poorly thrown balls.

Great job by the D having people in place on a lot of those throws, but flat out he looked dangerous for all the wrong reasons. In most cases his protection was great and he had a decent amount of time to throw the ball.

Arm strength looks pretty average. Too many lollipop throws and not enough zip. Spiral is inconsistent as ****. Fundamentally, he has a lot to work on, footwork and throwing motion, body angle, etc.

I know he's just entering his junior year, but all of the above combined with being 6'2, I want more. He's a long way from starting and I'm greedy. I want someone who can come in and challenge from day one.

Yes, I know a lot of that won't be popular, but I don't care. I always say what I think and that's my take on the video posted.
Yep it was bad weather conditions and he is a junior still so ill still wait to see what he is next year before I completely write him off but this doesn’t look like a miami starter imo

Advertisement
Advertisement
not a big enough arm to be a top 5 nationally rated QB imo. Can still be a good prospect and can continue to add some zip. Top 10 definitely. I like him better than anything we’ve taken the last few cycles.

That kid is freakin' good.
My ******** was puckered up every time he dropped back to pass. He made some really nice throws tonight.

However...

He was not pickin' 💩 apart. Don't let a few Twitter highlights fool you. 🤣 We shut that **** down tonight. And we dropped at least 2 easy interceptions.

That team won't score as low as 10 points for the entire rest of the season. They are GOOD!
Good W and I agree with you

Milton had a TD run with 4 minutes left called back due to holding and the next play Nickel dropped a dime in the back of the end zone that the receiver had but the DB made a great play knocking it out. Not sure what was going on with the Milton center buy this dude rolled/bounced no less than 10 snaps back to the QB, it was ridiculous.

Ya I noticed some snap issues.

Kid looked pretty good to me. DBs made some great plays on balls down the sidelines.

Advertisement
Back