Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Nico & Jaden were my two favorite QBs this cycle & no, it’s not b/c I was Cali biased. Lol

Both have ideal frames w/ height & room to grow. Nico is playing at a FB powerhouse, but prior to, he played at Warren, which is not a traditional power, & almost led them to an undefeated season, but lost a shoot out to Corona Del Mar in the playoffs. 33 TDs - 1 int

Jaden is apart of that section of Bay Area football that have produced some legendary players, bro. The 925 produces talent, folk. He makes allllllll the throws, & he’s been killing it on the 7-on-7 circuit. He led Pittsburg to a 9-3 record & was a game away from the State Title. It’s why he’s being talked about becoming the #1 overall player.

Both r good athletes, that “can” run, but choose to pass 1st. It’s just crazy that CA is home of 3 of the top 5 QBs in the nation. SC was smart to lock up Malachi ASAP. Lol.
The north bay produces talent, but just not usually dominant teams with the exception of DLS - who smoked them last year and that was what one of their worst years in like over a couple decades?

Some of the schedules the Southern schools play is pretty crazy though.

Advertisement
Ask my guy @Gocanes1990

I’m pretty sure out of respect, a lot of details aren’t going to be discussed. Regardless, it appears per GoCanes1990, that’s trying to be remedied by surrounding him w/ professional folks, & I hope we’re the pick on the 18th.
thanks man, you nailed it. Will hopefully have some news after this weekend.

Saw this on 247. Ivins seems to think Rashada and Moore are unrealistic. Moore doesn't surprise anyone. But Rashada.. ****. Witfong sounded like Rashada is headed to Ole Miss. Ivins seems think its going to be Emory Williams, with Avery Johnson someone we might pursue. Real shocking stuff.

"And for me, who do I think's in the most vulnerable (position) right now? I honestly think it's Florida and Miami," Ivins said during 247Sports’ recap of the Elite 11 Nashville event. "I think those are the two schools where I'd be most concerned about, 'Hey, am I going to get one of these blue-chip arms? Am I going to get one of these quarterbacks?"

Saw this on 247. Ivins seems to think Rashada and Moore are unrealistic. Moore doesn't surprise anyone. But Rashada.. ****. Witfong sounded like Rashada is headed to Ole Miss. Ivins seems think its going to be Emory Williams, with Avery Johnson someone we might pursue. Real shocking stuff.

"And for me, who do I think's in the most vulnerable (position) right now? I honestly think it's Florida and Miami," Ivins said during 247Sports’ recap of the Elite 11 Nashville event. "I think those are the two schools where I'd be most concerned about, 'Hey, am I going to get one of these blue-chip arms? Am I going to get one of these quarterbacks?"

We at least have a strong QB room. UiF is really up a creek without a paddle on QB’s.

Advertisement

From the dudes who seem to be connected it seems like we saw the Rashada ordeal coming. We have more pressing needs and qb isn’t one. Would love to have Rashada. But hicks and others like him as well as oline is where we need to be solid and where we need depth.
Also, the staff has allegedly been in contact with Williams even before it went public and the floodgates have opened and other teams are now in contact and even spreading rumors that he isn’t high on our list which is total bullsht. Gattis filed for a waiver to go see him play again after his last game was rained out. You don’t do that for a player that’s not high on your list.

Ole miss was nabbing players from Bama and lsu when Freeze was there so I would imagine their pockets are deep enough. Lane has a recruiting advantage besides money and it’s his track record with offenses.

Watching the last caneinsight video Steve-o told us the pitch they did for the ucf receiver.
Flash said he was concerned about ole miss’s quarter back.
Lane responded by asking him how many yards Amari cooper had at Alabama and then asked him to look who was throwing him the ball.
Then Lane told him “your mom could
be the qb in my offense and I could still get you the ball”. That was what sealed the deal apparently and not nil.

As far as IvIns, he should stfu considering his snitching is legendary and 247’s agenda has clearly been anti UM and pro sec.

Very few people actually know what the staff wants and what they’re worried about. The staff also lets out what it wants and nothing else. It’s obvious there is little to report because nothing is getting out. These dudes have a job and have to write something even if the info isn’t solid or not coming from either a coach or the player.

Good luck to Rashada and the rest of the top qb’s out there bag chasing. Wish them the best on the field and on the balance sheet. They’ve worked hard to be in this position and lucky enough to be at a point where cfb is at.

From the dudes who seem to be connected it seems like we saw the Rashada ordeal coming. We have more pressing needs and qb isn’t one. Would love to have Rashada. But hicks and others like him as well as oline is where we need to be solid and where we need depth.
Also, the staff has allegedly been in contact with Williams even before it went public and the floodgates have opened and other teams are now in contact and even spreading rumors that he isn’t high on our list which is total bullsht. Gattis filed for a waiver to go see him play again after his last game was rained out. You don’t do that for a player that’s not high on your list.

Ole miss was nabbing players from Bama and lsu when Freeze was there so I would imagine their pockets are deep enough. Lane has a recruiting advantage besides money and it’s his track record with offenses.

Watching the last caneinsight video Steve-o told us the pitch they did for the ucf receiver.
Lane responded by asking him how many yards Amari cooper had at Alabama and then asked him to look who was throwing him the ball.
be the qb in my offense and I could still get you the ball”. That was what sealed the deal apparently and not nil.

As far as IvIns, he should stfu considering his snitching is legendary and 247’s agenda has clearly been anti UM and pro sec.

Very few people actually know what the staff wants and what they’re worried about. The staff also lets out what it wants and nothing else. It’s obvious there is little to report because nothing is getting out. These dudes have a job and have to write something even if the info isn’t solid or not coming from either a coach or the player.

Good luck to Rashada and the rest of the top qb’s out there bag chasing. Wish them the best on the field and on the balance sheet. They’ve worked hard to be in this position and lucky enough to be at a point where cfb is at.
Stop with the Ivins **** about Rashada. As usual, his information is out of date.

To be fair, I think Lane is severely underestimating Flash's mom arm talent

Stop with the Ivins **** about Rashada. As usual, his information is out of date.
I’m not the one who brought it on here. Just responding and pointing out out that his reporting is FOS. Saying we worried about qb is way beyond out of touch and equivalent to me writing a NyT article on the current state of Mongolian economic policies

Advertisement

this.

Miami is not going to pay $1-$3 million for a an unproven QB. If it was a transfer portal QB, I’d be all in for that amount but not for unproven high schooler especially when Jake & JaCurri make what, $75-$100k combined? Not messing up that dynamic or creating an uncomfortable situation in the QB room.

Not gonna happen.

In Mario I trust.

Miami is not going to pay $1-$3 million for a an unproven QB. If it was a transfer portal QB, I’d be all in for that amount but not for unproven high schooler especially when Jake & JaCurri make what, $75-$100k combined? Not messing up that dynamic or creating an uncomfortable situation in the QB room.

Not gonna happen.

In Mario I trust.
The hit rate for 5 star qb’s is around 30 percent. Paying millions for some qb that dominates high school defenses with his arm talent is equivalent to not signing a prenump with a tatted up stripper with nipple piercings who is also bipolar..
Pusie and neck/throat game is unmatched. But good luck building a family around that.

Advertisement
The hit rate for 5 star qb’s is around 30 percent. Paying millions for some qb that dominates high school defenses with his arm talent is equivalent to not signing a prenump with a tatted up stripper with nipple piercings who is also bipolar..
Pusie and neck/throat game is unmatched. But good luck building a family around that.
200.gif

Thank you.
This is what the moron “recruiting experts” at the paid sites don’t understand. UM, and certainly not only UM, will make a calculated decision about the NIL value to the program of a particular player. That will be communicated to the corporations that want UM players for their NIL. The corporations will in turn decide whether a player has the NIL value to that corporation as some other player, or relative to some other university.
Not every player will be worth the same to every corporation seeking to pay the player for his NIL.

@pacusmc makes the most valid point of all.
THE HIT RATE FOR HIGH SCHOOL QB’S IS 30%!!!.
What company in its right mind would pay a lot of money on a 3 out of 10 chance that the person they are paying hundreds of thousands of dollars will return value to the company thru NIL? Only a poorly run company made up of yokels who own local used car dealerships, pawnshops and gas stations.
And if some QB really does hit, he can just transfer toUM and receive a much larger NIL.

Lastly, recruiting is no longer about which high school player is signed. That means little to nothing. Pay attention to where kids finish their careers as opposed to where they’re start.

As much as I want a 5 star QB like Rashada or Moore, I'm not that concerned about it for two reasons: 1) Our QB room is in good hands even with TVD likely leaving after this year. Garcia and Brown are different styles but both will likely be ready to start in 2023. 2) We can snag whatever 5 star QB is upset or not playing via the transfer portal.

We will see how the QB race shakes out.

Advertisement

As much as I want a 5 star QB like Rashada or Moore, I'm not that concerned about it for two reasons: 1) Our QB room is in good hands even with TVD likely leaving after this year. Garcia and Brown are different styles but both will likely be ready to start in 2023. 2) We can snag whatever 5 star QB is upset or not playing via the transfer portal.

We will see how the QB race shakes out.
So let me get this straight. We are set at QB because we have 2 unproven Freshmen backing up a QB who looked good for half a season. TVD is also guaranteed to be a high draft pick this year. If I could throw up on your phone/computer I would.

So let me get this straight. We are set at QB because we have 2 unproven Freshmen backing up a QB who looked good for half a season. TVD is also guaranteed to be a high draft pick this year. If I could throw up on your phone/computer I would.
Saying we’re “good” at qb doesn’t mean we’re not gonna try and get a really good qb this a cycle. Recruiting 101 says always get a qb.
I don’t see Bama or UGa in the break the bank Rashada/Nico sweepstakes.
If you absolutely have no answer and limited options at the position then by all means go ham.
Nowhere did anyone say we have 3 can’t miss heismans behind tvd.
But we have a solid enough qb room where we ain’t going after bag chasers that have. 30% hit rate just because some other teams have either no other options or are willing to take that risk.

Until it is confirmed that we have an unlimited recruiting NIL budget, multiple approaches to roster building need to be considered. If we have a full roster budget of 40+ mil per year for example, 10+ mil per class, sure, spend 2 mil on an ALSO UNPROVEN high school player with a 30% hit rate. Until then, it is more than conceivable that spreading that money out to several other positions and the transfer portal is possibly or probably a more prudent decision.

Advertisement
Back