Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

The numbers are crazy ... but Manning reportedly has a $14 million dollar deal, Nico is very close to that, and the big ego UF Booster Hathcock was in a "lets get one pulled on Miami & Ruiz" and decided to join that overpriced fraternity. Gator Collective DID execute a NIL agreement for that amount, then "terminated" the agreement when the booster reneged. Result is that the Gator Collective ... which they were promoting as the hallmark of NIL collectives back in the Spring of 2022 ... has now been DISBANDED due to this colossal ***** up. UF is the poster child for NIL gone wrong and will be working to structure a new collective, under a different name with different people involved, to try and rebuild their reputation in the NIL arena. Big egos, no coordination, lot of BS, but the number put to paper was that number.
I still think they never actually planned on paying him that much. They just needed to flip one of our top recruits, in hopes that it was going to get the train rolling. The exact opposite happened. Nobody jumped on board

Advertisement
I still think they never actually planned on paying him that much. They just needed to flip one of our top recruits, in hopes that it was going to get the train rolling. The exact opposite happened. Nobody jumped on board
No way that the Gator Collective ... purposely executed a NIL agreement that they subsequently had to terminate for lack of funds ... thereby becoming the literal laughing stock of NCAA recruiting and the poster child for "inability to fund NIL commitments". The entire UF athletic department is embarrassed as is the president of the university. Not a good look for the "flagship" university.

No way that the Gator Collective ... purposely executed a NIL agreement that they subsequently had to terminate for lack of funds ... thereby becoming the literal laughing stock of NCAA recruiting and the poster child for "inability to fund NIL commitments". The entire UF athletic department is embarrassed as is the president of the university. Not a good look for the "flagship" university.
I think they thought the class was gonna explode after and then Rashada was gonna renegotiate for a still competitive but more reasonable numbers because he didn’t want to miss out being a part of top 5 or higher class.

The numbers are crazy ... but Manning reportedly has a $14 million dollar deal, Nico is very close to that, and the big ego UF Booster Hathcock was in a "lets get one pulled on Miami & Ruiz" and decided to join that overpriced fraternity. Gator Collective DID execute a NIL agreement for that amount, then "terminated" the agreement when the booster reneged. Result is that the Gator Collective ... which they were promoting as the hallmark of NIL collectives back in the Spring of 2022 ... has now been DISBANDED due to this colossal ***** up. UF is the poster child for NIL gone wrong and will be working to structure a new collective, under a different name with different people involved, to try and rebuild their reputation in the NIL arena. Big egos, no coordination, lot of BS, but the number put to paper was that number.

There's a lot of reported numbers on real NFL contracts that are fake too, simply for bragging rights that will never come true.

I'm not buying anything i'm hearing about NIL. You'll only ever get portions of stories or half truths, never the true detailed event.

We all say that they can't be that stupid; but.....

Advertisement
Fans contribute to a slush fund ran by some **** gobbler named Hathcock and then that fund can’t pay its obligations? I, for one, am shocked!

PS - how long do collectives last? Maybe ncaa or legislatures or whoever don’t touch it but is crowd funding pay for play arrangements really what we are going for?

If UF was offering $13M over 4 years to Rashada, I wonder if at what point (if at all) that they realized that their 2024, 2025, and 2026 quarterback signings would also need to be offered even more. That by 2026, they potentially would be committing probably $15M per year on maintaining their QB roster.

Because Rashada would be the starting point for all negotiations with 2024 and beyond quarterbacks.

Lord if you only Knew!
I mean I definitely think it's happening where these collectives are trying to negotiate with kids that the staff may not even be very high on... But it's really dumb and tbh could get solved just by both parties using telegram or something. Like I'm sorry but if Ruiz/Name your booster and Cristobal/Alonzo want to talk Telegram is very secure, and NCAA would have zero chance of proving anything. Communication NEEDs to be had between the coaches/school and NIL groups regardless what the NCAA says.

There's a lot of reported numbers on real NFL contracts that are fake too, simply for bragging rights that will never come true.

I'm not buying anything i'm hearing about NIL. You'll only ever get portions of stories or half truths, never the true detailed event.
eh on the NFL contracts, the numbers are the numbers. The details may show that what is guaranteed (money+length) is far less than the headline numbers.... But the numbers aren't fake. So yeah it's possible Rashadas number was $13.xM, with $7M of that to be paid his 5th year in the program IF the Collective agrees to pick up the tab... So in reality it could have been a $2M/yr deal/3-4 years... Or something even more reasonable.

But then again, if it was something more reasonable, why wouldn't the Collective just pony up the money rather than have this PR disaster. Surely if the difference between Rashada and another QB recruit in his talent range was only like $200K, they would have just paid him. The fact that they ripped up the agreement tells me that they were straight up massively overpaying with the guaranteed amount - not just the headline amount....

Advertisement
The craziest thing about this that I’ve heard so far is UF fans trying to pin it ALL on Heitner and also claiming the reason UM won so many H2H battles with UF is because Heitner was in cahoots with Ruiz and UM and backdooring all UF NIL deals to Ruiz and that’s how we would win the recruiting battles. Ruiz had the UF NIL offers via Heitner and would one up them…

From everyone's favorite Mike Farrell ...

Screenshot 2023-01-25 005339.jpg

Dave Chappelle GIF

It’s ridiculous but in regards to the last line, that would be a big no no on UF's side.
I get they’re not supposed to be involved in negotiations or funding deals but IIRC isn’t one of the few responsibilities of the school is for their compliance department to review and approve all deals? If so, those #’s should’ve raised some red flags with compliance

I get they’re not supposed to be involved in negotiations or funding deals but IIRC isn’t one of the few responsibilities of the school is for their compliance department to review and approve all deals? If so, those #’s should’ve raised some red flags with compliance

School and/or NCAA review was a part of the PROPOSED rules that never happened.

Advertisement
That's possible, but didn't anyone stop to think what would happen when they pulled the offer post ESD?

Pre 2021, if a school had a 200K bag that they cancelled after the player signed with the school, what was his recourse? He couldn't go to the media and say, "Hey, I was promised 50K per year to sign with this school, but now they refuse to pay me anything! That's not fair!" If he did that, he would lose his college eligibility and his career for all intents and purposes would be over. At best, he could seek to transfer but would lose a year of his career.

It seems like the Gator Collective never thought that with NIL a player could go public and not be harmed in any way that effected his eligiblity.

Advertisement
eh on the NFL contracts, the numbers are the numbers. The details may show that what is guaranteed (money+length) is far less than the headline numbers.... But the numbers aren't fake. So yeah it's possible Rashadas number was $13.xM, with $7M of that to be paid his 5th year in the program IF the Collective agrees to pick up the tab... So in reality it could have been a $2M/yr deal/3-4 years... Or something even more reasonable.

But then again, if it was something more reasonable, why wouldn't the Collective just pony up the money rather than have this PR disaster. Surely if the difference between Rashada and another QB recruit in his talent range was only like $200K, they would have just paid him. The fact that they ripped up the agreement tells me that they were straight up massively overpaying with the guaranteed amount - not just the headline amount....
They should have just paid him.

Florida took a potential multi-year hit in credibility with recruits and will probably have to pay more in the short-term to land a recruit in the next cycle or two. As in paying lots of money up front. So to get 2024 five star QB to sign, they need to offer him 50% of a $17M up front, no strings attached. Guaranteed whether he stays or not.

And potentially once you start doing that, you kind of get locked into doing that. 2025, 2026, 2027, and beyond recruits will expect it.

They should have just paid him.

Florida took a potential multi-year hit in credibility with recruits and will probably have to pay more in the short-term to land a recruit in the next cycle or two. As in paying lots of money up front. So to get 2024 five star QB to sign, they need to offer him 50% of a $17M up front, no strings attached. Guaranteed whether he stays or not.

And potentially once you start doing that, you kind of get locked into doing that. 2025, 2026, 2027, and beyond recruits will expect it.
Yup. Plus, not every state permits kids to be paid while they are still in HS. So they'll either need to get those kids on trust (good luck), or pay with an old school bag.

That's possible, but didn't anyone stop to think what would happen when they pulled the offer post ESD?

Pre 2021, if a school had a 200K bag that they cancelled after the player signed with the school, what was his recourse? He couldn't go to the media and say, "Hey, I was promised 50K per year to sign with this school, but now they refuse to pay me anything! That's not fair!" If he did that, he would lose his college eligibility and his career for all intents and purposes would be over. At best, he could seek to transfer but would lose a year of his career.

It seems like the Gator Collective never thought that with NIL a player could go public and not be harmed in any way that effected his eligiblity.
It’s all optics though, and if the Gators would have added numerous top tier players like they expected it would have been looked at differently. Instead they struck out on everyone in the last month. If they land, Samson, Malik, Fletcher and say another player/or flipped one, they could have easily gone back to Rashada and said that things changed and if Rashada went public they would have plausible reason to renegotiate. None of that happened and they look like ******** now.

Advertisement
Back