Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
Who would he have recourse against? The school in theory is not involved in these negotiations so it’s him versus the collective that I would suspect would file bankruptcy if sued.

Who would he have recourse against? The school in theory is not involved in these negotiations so it’s him versus the collective that I would suspect would file bankruptcy if sued.

That’s a good point, and the lawyers can chime in, but he might be able include a lot of ancillary people in his lawsuit, including those affiliated with the school.

According to the write up summary of "what happened" on Swamp Talk there were three distinct parties involved on the "offer side" of the NIL agreement.

-Hugh Hathcock, the Gator Guard
-Jackson Zager CEO of JTM Sports (also a student at ?? U of Arizona??)
-The Gator Collective

According to Nick De La Torre's write up Jackson Zager is the one who "negotiated" the agreement with Rashada, funds were pledged by Hathcock (not sure if acting alone or with booster buddies), and the "structured deal" was then presented TO the Gator Collective as the Collective is the body charged with executing the actual NIL agreement, the contract that was mutually executed by Rashada and the Gator Collective.

According to DeLaTorre the entire "deal" was initially hatched by Hathcock who was basically in a state of frustration over the continued recruiting losses of UF to Miami / Cristobal / Ruiz and he wanted to get revenge, so he engaged Zager / JTM Sports to negotiate the deal, and presented it to The Collective as a fait accompli. He reportedly tweeted "tomorrow will be a great day for UF" or something similar the night before Rashada flipped from UM to UF.

I would doubt that any of the entities, the Collective, JTM sports, or the Gator Guard have any actual assets, and the only one with any $$$ would be Hugh Hathcock, the individual.

Advertisement
According to the write up summary of "what happened" on Swamp Talk there were three distinct parties involved on the "offer side" of the NIL agreement.

-Hugh Hathcock, the Gator Guard
-Jackson Zager CEO of JTM Sports (also a student at ?? U of Arizona??)
-The Gator Collective

According to Nick De La Torre's write up Jackson Zager is the one who "negotiated" the agreement with Rashada, funds were pledged by Hathcock (not sure if acting alone or with booster buddies), and the "structured deal" was then presented TO the Gator Collective as the Collective is the body charged with executing the actual NIL agreement, the contract that was mutually executed by Rashada and the Gator Collective.

According to DeLaTorre the entire "deal" was initially hatched by Hathcock who was basically in a state of frustration over the continued recruiting losses of UF to Miami / Cristobal / Ruiz and he wanted to get revenge, so he engaged Zager / JTM Sports to negotiate the deal, and presented it to The Collective as a fait accompli. He reportedly tweeted "tomorrow will be a great day for UF" or something similar the night before Rashada flipped from UM to UF.

I would doubt that any of the entities, the Collective, JTM sports, or the Gator Guard have any actual assets, and the only one with any $$$ would be Hugh Hathcock, the individual.

Don’t you think that in discovery there may have to be depositions from people affiliated with the school, including the athletic department, as well as Slingblade? Discovery might be a real ***** for them.

Don’t you think that in discovery there may have to be depositions from people affiliated with the school, including the athletic department, as well as Slingblade? Discovery might be a real ***** for them.
I would think it would be a real mess for them for sure. There were a lot of comments that "Rashada is being advised that a new deal is being offered". Was BN involved with that process? One of the reasons UF didn't push back regarding a full release from the LOI ... they are hoping it will just go away.

Hol’ up, the real news is getting lost in the mix here - y’all telling me there’s a dude out there with the last name “Hathcock”

If that’s for real, I guarantee dude’s birth name was probably something like Melvin Horace Smithers or some ****

Advertisement
Hol’ up, the real news is getting lost in the mix here - y’all telling me there’s a dude out there with the last name “Hathcock”

If that’s for real, I guarantee dude’s birth name was probably something like Melvin Horace Smithers or some ****

First name, Hugh.

That's no joke (by me).

Or Louis Winthrop III or Mortimer or Randolph Duke.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Are we gonna pull out pics of our cars and boats next?? I’ll have to run to my buddy‘s shop to take pics of my new truck.

Advertisement
Back