Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Hmmm.. I almost think we need to put an offer back out in front of him to come back. The optics that would send to all future kids would be greatly enhanced in my opinion while further cementing Gators demise when it comes to NIL.

1674013585367.gif

If we don’t offer, I think our name is still attached to this ugly scenario and even though he flipped from Miami, all anyone will remember is that Miami was involved.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Almost feel bad for him, turning down multi million dollar deal here just to get low balled and played at UF and end up with nothing like you said. I see why someone is gonna get sued. All he had to do was look at TVDs ride and know we take care of our QBs so I don't know who got in his to tell him to flip
I don't feel the least bit bad for him or his father. They had a strong offer, got some money, were going to be on an official payroll, and would have gotten enough money to set him up for life if invested and used well. And then they got greedy and over-played their hand. They will be a cautionary tale for this new era and will be a great recruiting tool for when Ruiz and LifeWallet make their pitches. You would have to be completely out of your mind to sign on with UF if NIL is a consideration.

So Rashada turned down millions of real dollars from UM to receive nothing from UF?
Somewhere an agent needs to lose a job and anyone else who recommended the flip needs to be cut out of Rashada’s life.

I know you guys get ****ed at me for arguing that parents need to be removed from some of these young people’s decision making but I have seen parents ruin kids over and over again in sports. And most of the time it is when the young person is a high school or college star and the parents want something for themselves, while pretending to be all about their kid. **** opportunists.
Honestly I wouldn't be opposed to something like 50% of all NIL money or whatever must be put into a trust only the player can access after they turn 21 or 24...
If a 17 year old gets $25K/yr for 4 years in NIL, so has to put $12.5k for 4 years in a trust which just uses S&P500 and can't access that until he turns 24, He'd have probably >$100k in the bank waiting for him. If its just until 21, they'd have > $60k.

Advertisement
Hmmm.. I almost think we need to put an offer back out in front of him to come back. The optics that would send to all future kids would be greatly enhanced in my opinion while further cementing Gators demise when it comes to NIL.

View attachment 225406

If we don’t offer, I think our name is still attached to this ugly scenario and even though he flipped from Miami, all anyone will remember is that Miami was involved.

There's a path for him back to Miami, but taking that path seems outside of what little character he's shown.

I don't feel the least bit bad for him or his father. They had a strong offer, got some money, were going to be on an official payroll, and would have gotten enough money to set him up for life if invested and used well. And then they got greedy and over-played their hand. They will be a cautionary tale for this new era and will be a great recruiting tool for when Ruiz and LifeWallet make their pitches. You would have to be completely out of your mind to sign on with UF if NIL is a consideration.
Yea they most definitely overplayed their hand, and this will be a massive black eye when they recruit 2024 guys nobody is gonna trust them, I don't see how DJ Lagway sticks

I wouldnt feel bad if he had burned bridges on way out. He didn’t - from most accounts Mario knew this was possible all along.

I think everyone needs to stop stop saying they don’t feel bad for Rashadas and put that energy into talking about Gators have done Miami a huge solid into showing everyone who has a professional NIL program and who doesnt.

Last note - Any parent wants to make sure their kid is getting best deal. NIL hasn’t been around long for everyone to know that all NIL contracts are not constructed the same. The only one who would know is Rashadas lawyer and that guy takes a huge L And is prolly out of the NIL game now.

Advertisement
Yea they most definitely overplayed their hand, and this will be a massive black eye when they recruit 2024 guys nobody is gonna trust them, I don't see how DJ Lagway sticks
Truth. And let’s not forget, they apparently took money from LifeWallet and then reneged on that deal. Something tells me they didn’t pay the money back either. I’m all for kids getting their fair share, but in this case, you lay with dogs, you get fleas.

Advertisement
I wouldnt feel bad if he had burned bridges on way out. He didn’t - from most accounts Mario knew this was possible all along.

I think everyone needs to stop stop saying they don’t feel bad for Rashadas and put that energy into talking about Gators have done Miami a huge solid into showing everyone who has a professional NIL program and who doesnt.

Last note - Any parent wants to make sure their kid is getting best deal. NIL hasn’t been around long for everyone to know that all NIL contracts are not constructed the same. The only one who would know is Rashadas lawyer and that guy takes a huge L And is prolly out of the NIL game now.
I will put my energy where I please. I am an attorney, so I know a handshake doesn't mean much, but you still stand behind your word and get judged by your actions. One of my dad's earliest lessons to me was you only get one reputation in this world. Unfortunately, Jaden's dad does not have that same belief. When you make an agreement, start getting paid, back out, and then go someplace else, let alone to that school's rival, my empathy is at 0. He learned a valuable lesson and I think you are talking 100% clear out of your *** about him not burning bridges. Even if I posted public well wishes like Ruiz did, there is no chance I would do business with that person again, and my tone behind closed doors would be very different.

The best deal often varies by priorities, but certainly one part of it is making sure whoever you do business with is liquid and able to hold up their end of the deal. To me, I would also say that having to go to LW's office, cut promos, do some marketing work, and actually learn how a business is run would be something I would weigh heavily and encourage my college kid to take advantage of. But again, that is just me.

Advertisement
Back