Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

hes a three star QB. not a lot of them are bag chasers lol. also, im all for every kid getting the most he can get on the market. if thats your market, so be it. get what you want out of it. I wish Zion could have done that in HS when he was a YouTube highlight reel before duke.

You overgeneralize; schools came after him late in the process after Rashada flipped. He certainly could have taken visits to explore the market and test his leverage.

Advertisement
Gatah trying to pay Rashada in Schrute Bucks lmaoooo
Screenshot_20230111_212637_Google.jpg

You overgeneralize; schools came after him late in the process after Rashada flipped. He certainly could have taken visits to explore the market and test his leverage.
he was the ONLY QB in the class at that point. tbh, its the best situation to be in. too late to get on any other QB on board and our offense was a **** show where our offensive coaches were exposed to be useless ******** starting w Ponce De Leon and Assis. the rumor was FSU came looking but then flipped another kid (which that kid is barely higher than Emory fwiw)

Advertisement
it’s a stretch to say Rashada has character issues because UF offered him 13 million and he took the bait. I can’t blame him. He took full advantage of the Gators being in a vulnerable state with optics at that time, and made a move. If he wanted to come back to Miami, I’d be all for it. The whole narrative that recruits who cause drama end up being busts is a dead one as far as I’m concerned, they are kids, and all this crap is uncharted territory in the sport.

it’s a stretch to say Rashada has character issues because UF offered him 13 million and he took the bait. I can’t blame him. He took full advantage of the Gators being in a vulnerable state with optics at that time, and made a move. If he wanted to come back to Miami, I’d be all for it. The whole narrative that recruits who cause drama end up being busts is a dead one as far as I’m concerned, they are kids, and all this crap is uncharted territory in the sport.
Totally agree.

We wanted two quarterbacks three months ago.

One came. One flipped.

The one that flipped may have been done dirty by the team he flipped to after being offered ridiculous dollars.

A cautionary tale, one that he can relate to other recruits in the coming years.

The one that flipped - bring him back.

Then we have the two quarterbacks that we wanted three months ago.

yeah, he has the commitment, work ethic, and competitiveness []__[] need to rebuild the program and develop a winning culture.

He committed to Miami when he knew we were recruiting QBs rated higher than him and didn't flinch when Rashada gave his verbal. Then he won the accuracy event at Elite11 Finals and repped the program to the fullest during interviews. He isn't a bag-chasing drama-queen, and the weekend before signing day he was up early putting in work with WRs in his class.

He's a stud with the work ethic and intangibles to make the most of his talent and opportunity.

Exactly.
Kid has shown heart, character and commitment.

Pulling hard for him here at the U.

My take is Rashada wants out of his LOI (NLI) because terms of his NIL deal wasn’t met. He may be able to get out his NIL deal for breach of contract, but still needs UF to release him.

UF would be smart to release him. Future recruits will be reluctant to sign with UF if the various Gator NIL boosters fail to live up to their obligations and the school plays hardball.

I don’t think he wins an NCAA appeal based on the technical separation of NIL and schools. But this is uncharted territory.

Advertisement
the number 30 QB? you think some bag school was offering him money to commit? the number 30 QB who is also the number 614th player in the country. im not saying he sucks, im just saying hes not exactly in bag chasing realm. rashada was in the top 60 overall regardless of position. there's a huge difference between the two in terms of the money theyre getting if theyre getting any at all
Yeah the number 30 QB I think got an NIL deal offered offered. QB is the most influential position on the field. I think we probably offered the most money, but I think he is definitely getting paid and could've gotten paid elsewhere too. FSU, Utah, and Penn State also only signed one quarterback who was a 3 star. Ranked 28th, 29th, and 33rd on 247.

I'm not saying he got a huge offer from anyone, just that I think its safe to assume he got offered money to play football (NIL) at more than just the University of Miami.

I think you're underestimating the most valuable position on the field. It isn't like he was the 30th best kicker in the country. He plays QB.

He also joins a Miami team that had all of its QBs look like **** when coming into the season the starter was a Heisman candidate.

His issue is that he believed what UF was promising. No money has value until it hits the bank account. Rashada and his people were too busy thinking about what they were going to do with the money that they did not do their homework on who was promising the money.

I used to hear criminal defense attorneys brag about how much they charged for a case. Then they got real quiet when I asked how much the client actually paid. Now I’m not blaming an 18 year old for buying the sales pitch but I am most certainly blaming his advisors and family.

Like, this guy is not going to be good. The drama from a player like this never ends up being all that much.

Hear me out...if you've seen Last Chance U, you know what I'm talkin about...

Malik Henry.
Especially as a QB

A QB needs a lot more than talent to be successful and this kid seems to be lacking those intangibles a lot

Advertisement
I received a text that Rashada’s mother is in the medical field, like a nurse in med surge / critical care and part of the package is a transfer to Florida hospital but there may be challenges with the regulations from different states and they are getting cold feet.

Not sure what this means but maybe someone with more knowledge on nurses and care can chime in.

🚶🏻‍♂️
Without the specifics, I can’t say this definitively but I will tell you that this is not an excuse to hold up a deal of this kind. Sure different states require slightly different things. However, if you’re a nurse, getting licensed in another state is relatively simple and your new employer generally helps out. There is also a nursing compact. Not all states are signatories but it’s really not all that difficult. Full disclosure I’ve grown up in the medical field and currently employ a significant number of healthcare workers in facilities we operate in multiple states.

Advertisement
Dalvin cook by cis rule book was a drama king and ended up being a superstar

1/2 of cis porsters have more character issues than rashada

yeah, he has the commitment, work ethic, and competitiveness []__[] need to rebuild the program and develop a winning culture.

He committed to Miami when he knew we were recruiting QBs rated higher than him and didn't flinch when Rashada gave his verbal. Then he won the accuracy event at Elite11 Finals and repped the program to the fullest during interviews. He isn't a bag-chasing drama-queen, and the weekend before signing day he was up early putting in work with WRs in his class.

He's a stud with the work ethic and intangibles to make the most of his talent and opportunity.
Very well articulated and right on point. Rashada looks exactly like a bag chasing drama queen. Hard pass.

Imagine signing a contract, the other side not being able to fulfill, but you're the one who is a bag chasing drama queen.

If Rashada is that, about 90% of all highly recruited college athletes in the NIL era are bag chasing drama queens. They all chase the bag and want money, none of them solely commit to a team purely because they want to play for that team. All of them get money in some way.

Advertisement
Back