Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

We shall see but that second part mean nothing. The way he looked in the elite 11 last year looked like a kid that was extremely inaccurate. His best attributes he is an athletic freak and clearly is a leader I just didn’t see anything through his recruiting cycle that screamed this guy will be a threat at QB. He certainly has potential but is so far away from reaching it.
One day we will visit this thread and one of us will be wrong …peace.😘
They can’t. They can’t break state laws thst allow it
Didn’t know states have laws specifically with NIL in the statutes… hmmmmm

Advertisement
I think this is where the parody has a chance to set it in.

College Teams will almost have to manage like pro teams.
Since there will be tangible resources in acquiring them.

Is OSU really going to spend 4mil+ on their QB room every year to get new players and keep old ones?

Right now it’s new and everyone just reacting.

But let’s look at Texas A&M…they allegedly spent about $25million on their class which set the floor for a lot of these kids.

So next season they gotta pay to keep most of those kids and pay for the new class.

That’s $50m in 2023-2024.

Then in 2024-2025 they gotta pay between $75m-$100m to sign new players and keep their roster intact?

In short I’m not sure how sustainable these numbers are for everyone outside of a maybe 3-4 schools.

Which I think over time will work itself out.
It's allegedly $25M over 4 years. So think that, after 4 years, the annual budget will be something like $20M (assuming some of your top guys go pro after junior year, and they're the big budget guys).

You recruit a top flight QB every year, period.
I’m normally in total alignment with this.

However, if TVD comes back for 2023 season (I think a lot of us are jumping the gun on him declaring after this year) then we’ll have TVD, Jake, Jacurri, Rashada, and Emory in the QB room. I would be 100% okay with skipping on a 2024 QB and securing Hurley for 2025.

I’m normally in total alignment with this.

However, if TVD comes back for 2023 season (I think a lot of us are jumping the gun on him declaring after this year) then we’ll have TVD, Jake, Jacurri, Rashada, and Emory in the QB room. I would be 100% okay with skipping on a 2024 QB and securing Hurley for 2025.
I think Jake bounces if TVD comes back. That's just me though.

I think Jake bounces if TVD comes back. That's just me though.
But you have to realize with the emergence of the portal it is not going to be easy for him to win a starting spot at another big time school. Anywhere else he transfers to that is a legit program will have either highly related recruits to compete with or will want to take a vet, experienced QB. If he were to transfer to X and lose out to a blue chip underclassman he is in trouble career wise. He’d almost be better off sitting another year or going low P5/G5. I don’t think he will have this issue though bc TVD is too good.

Advertisement
But you have to realize with the emergence of the portal it is not going to be easy for him to win a starting spot at another big time school. Anywhere else he transfers to that is a legit program will have either highly related recruits to compete with or will want to take a vet, experienced QB. If he were to transfer to X and lose out to a blue chip underclassman he is in trouble career wise. He’d almost be better off sitting another year or going low P5/G5. I don’t think he will have this issue though bc TVD is too good.
He should transfer to App State then. I'd support him as an ASU alum!

Advertisement
I like emory but people on here do this every year. They get attached to the lower ranked guy and pretend to see something that others don't

Emory has the tools to be great, but the ceiling for Rashada is clearly higher and he's seen as a top QB in the nation for good reason
Bingo - and yes, we should expect the lower-ranked guys that we grab from here on out to be significantly better than the ones we were obtaining under Manny, Richt, etc...when factoring in Mario + the rest of the staff + Highsmith; but c'mon now, anyone saying we shouldn't take arguably a top three quarterback with a higher ceiling than anyone in the 2023 class is asinine.

They can’t. They can’t break state laws thst allow it
Here's a hypothetical (and not advocating for it, more this is a what-if exercise and trying to anticipate where a "salary cap" might get put into place)...

What if a majority of college football programs push for national legislation? Specifically, a law that sets a maximum collective NIL wage for a college athlete at $100K per year, indexed to inflation? Or something more generic, such as "no enrolled college student can earn more than (x) times more than the average earnings of all students at the same college"?

Maximum wage laws in general have been talked about in the past. Would a maximum wage law targeted at a subset of the general population (i.e. college students) pass legal muster?

Mainly you will probably see the NCAA change what is now essentially a play for play proposition and not allow 1rst year recruits into the NIL their freshman year. Watch and learn.
Idk how they can do that. It is very easy to argue that Arch Manning has a multi-million NIL value right now (like with Cesars). And I bet to some degree most 4 and 5 stars have legit NIL value that a local business could benefit from, even while in high school. It's probably in the low thousands rather than 6 figures, but who gets to arbitrate what value is fair?

Also, unregulated favors UM. If regulations come in, and the bag game comes back, we get reset since we're not allowed to play that game like certain other teams. An unregulated but level playing field gives us a chance to fairly compete.

Advertisement
Here's a hypothetical (and not advocating for it, more this is a what-if exercise and trying to anticipate where a "salary cap" might get put into place)...

What if a majority of college football programs push for national legislation? Specifically, a law that sets a maximum collective NIL wage for a college athlete at $100K per year, indexed to inflation? Or something more generic, such as "no enrolled college student can earn more than (x) times more than the average earnings of all students at the same college"?

Maximum wage laws in general have been talked about in the past. Would a maximum wage law targeted at a subset of the general population (i.e. college students) pass legal muster?
Here’s an actual, a court has already ruled that the NCAA cannot limit anybody making money off of their name image and likeness. The NFL can have salary caps because it was a negotiated thing between the union and the league and there has not been a lawsuit trying to remove that so your hypothetical of a whole maximum salary thing isn’t a thing for the NCAA either.

Last edited:
I honestly think Rashada is just okay. Don’t forget Jucurri Brown is a beast and I love Emory. Could be a big waist of money !!!
Art Hello GIF by foodieg

A big WAIST of money?? 😂

Advertisement
Mainly you will probably see the NCAA change what is now essentially a play for play proposition and not allow 1rst year recruits into the NIL their freshman year. Watch and learn.
where else in america is someone not allowed to make money off their NIL though? you take away their NIL for year one and it’s still going to be done under the table. and what about regular students on scholarship are they not allowed to make money off their NIL either? there are plenty college students making good money off of youtube and tiktok right now.

Nobody mentions Jacurri because he has a long long way to go. There is a chance that he never plays a snap. In terms of a QB I would put him last on the roster behind Emory and Rashada if both signed, even if he is a year behind. Don’t you think it’s interesting that we are signing potentially two QBs this cycle? Jacurri has a monster ceiling but the likely hood he reaches it just isn’t great.
I think he gets some run this year in a wildcat/short yardage type package. He can be a weapon in the run game.

This is an absolute joke. There is no salary cap for endorsements in any sport. Stop trying to say how much a player is worth or how much we should spend! We are not spending anything. Businesses are doing it. I signed up for life wallet because I learned about it here and think it is great.

How much would it cost to get the brand recognition Ruiz already has doing traditional marketing. He is saving money.

It is not our money to spend and there is no salary cap. I couldn’t care less how much he spends. I used to have a partner that was a billionaire and he used to spend $150k flying from LA to Miami in the same day on his jet. I said to him you are crazy, if you sleep there is would only cost $120k. He laughed at me and said dont try to understand my life. You never will.

Let it play out and be happy we are not in loser hands anymore.

Advertisement
Back