Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

I honestly think Rashada is just okay. Don’t forget Jucurri Brown is a beast and I love Emory. Could be a big waist of money !!!
Come on "just okay". I have read detailed QB evaluations by football coaches who have been coaching the QB position for 20 years and the consensus is that Jaden Rashada is one of the top 2 QB's available for 2023 regardless of star rating. He has an innate accuracy that is something that many QB's never approach. UM at this moment has the best QB room in decades. TVD by all estimations will be a 1st round draft pick, and many believe that Jake could be just as good ... just needs live fire to take that next step. Jacurri is an elite athlete, elite. Had an amazing HS career with over 50 passing TD's and also rushed for another 50+. Williams has all of the measurables, needs to be coached up. Rashada is a more complete QB today than Williams, and will push Jake in Spring Practice for that starter role. One of the best QB rooms, if not THE best in the NCAA. Now if we can get the LB / OL rooms up to the same level.

Advertisement
Manning was 6th in passing TDs and 18th in passing yards in 2001.

Then was 10th in both passing TDs and passing yards in 2003.

It was a different time back then but those are still pretty good stats. Ballin? No. But still good.
His sophomore year isn't what's being questioned. The poster I was responding to said he was ballin his frosh year. And Manning wasn't no where near ballin his frosh year unless you think 16/33 for 170 yards, 0 TDs, and 1 Int is ballin. Last time I checked "frosh" was freshman year, right?

No it’s an opinion on a football forum where we voice our opinions smartass.

This is getting outrageous. And what happens when Rashada is getting paid $1M/yr and Emory beats him out and is only getting paid $50k. Do we now have to pay emory $1.5M because he’s the starter? Is it smart we essentially payed a backup $4M? “Incentives in the contract, he’ll just transfer” blah blah, put this **** in perspective.

NIL doesn’t mean throw cash around like a ******* degenerate gambler. But you’re right, it’s not my money. I’m just worried that the money won’t be around long if it isn’t spent wisely.
We don't have to pay him nothing seen has no coach offered him any money.

Advertisement
Come on "just okay". I have read detailed QB evaluations by football coaches who have been coaching the QB position for 20 years and the consensus is that Jaden Rashada is one of the top 2 QB's available for 2023 regardless of star rating. He has an innate accuracy that is something that many QB's never approach. UM at this moment has the best QB room in decades. TVD by all estimations will be a 1st round draft pick, and many believe that Jake could be just as good ... just needs live fire to take that next step. Jacurri is an elite athlete, elite. Had an amazing HS career with over 50 passing TD's and also rushed for another 50+. Williams has all of the measurables, needs to be coached up. Rashada is a more complete QB today than Williams, and will push Jake in Spring Practice for that starter role. One of the best QB rooms, if not THE best in the NCAA. Now if we can get the LB / OL rooms up to the same level.
its going to suck when we start losing some of these stud QB's to the portal but its also a sign recruiting is going well at the position. good problems to have.

I honestly think Rashada is just okay. Don’t forget Jucurri Brown is a beast and I love Emory. Could be a big waist of money !!!
I wouldn’t say ok but his ranking is based off of what he brings physically. His arm , build , and athletic ability checks all the boxes. Imo he’s not a five star or a sure thing but I do like him as a prospect. But he’s no Nico.

Rashada beats Emory in all physical traits but Emory on the other hand has advantages in the nuances of playing the position. His pocket presence , touch , accuracy and going through progressions is next level stuff for a HS qb.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You guys need to understand that there is a very realistic possibility that, in 3 years, this kid could be the best player in the entire class of 2023. He has that kind of ceiling. Obviously a lot has to go into that and there are other kids who you could say the same thing about, but that list isn’t very long. I’ve watched his film and many of the other QBs in this class and he absolutely has the ceiling to be the best player in this class. If he has a good head on his shoulders, gets good coaching and is put in a good position in college, there are no limits to how good this kid can be. Elite tools. Period.

Could be, but that's the gamble all teams take evaluating and now placing a price tag on "potential". A less regarded talent could emerge as your star QB (starter). The good thing is that with NIL kid will get re-recruited and hit the Portal and that money is available to the next Potential star.

Advertisement
His sophomore year isn't what's being questioned. The poster I was responding to said he was ballin his frosh year. And Manning wasn't no where near ballin his frosh year unless you think 16/33 for 170 yards, 0 TDs, and 1 Int is ballin. Last time I checked "frosh" was freshman year, right?
Well technically he was a Fr when he balled out , a rs Fr but still a Fr. His true Fr year he was getting plastered more than playing football.

I wouldn’t say ok but his ranking is based off of what he brings physically. His arm , build , and athletic ability checks all the boxes. Imo he’s not a five star or a sure thing but I do like him as a prospect. But he’s no Nico.

Rashada beats Emory in all physical traits but Emory on the other hand has advantages in the nuances of playing the position. His pocket presence , touch , accuracy and going through progressions is next level stuff for a HS qb.
Great post 👍

Ah my bad, thought it was just about his overall career. I would assume he meant his first full year of playing but yeah, freshmen year he didn’t do **** lol.

Advertisement
It’s a good point, which I’ve partially raised previously. Rashada gets $1M…okay, what about Garcia next year? Does he get a raise as the likely starter? Or if no, does that mean he transfers? And just as in the NBA in the 90s or the NFL until 2010, each successive rookie wave will want more, creating further price escalation.

The counter to that is if we say no and wait/hope for the market to assume sanity, we will lose out on five star players. And many four star players. The conditions are now different from where they were even a year ago. Someone will give Rashada what he wants because who wouldn’t want a borderline five star quarterback. And “waiting until next year’s class” in this environment is a no go as well. The same conditions will be in play in 2023, albeit even worse.
I think this is where the parody has a chance to set it in.

College Teams will almost have to manage like pro teams.
Since there will be tangible resources in acquiring them.

Is OSU really going to spend 4mil+ on their QB room every year to get new players and keep old ones?

Right now it’s new and everyone just reacting.

But let’s look at Texas A&M…they allegedly spent about $25million on their class which set the floor for a lot of these kids.

So next season they gotta pay to keep most of those kids and pay for the new class.

That’s $50m in 2023-2024.

Then in 2024-2025 they gotta pay between $75m-$100m to sign new players and keep their roster intact?

In short I’m not sure how sustainable these numbers are for everyone outside of a maybe 3-4 schools.

Which I think over time will work itself out.

Advertisement
Back