Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Convince me that mario and this staff this soon are settling vs making their own evaluations like the professionals they are supposed to be over random rivals “analysts” or other message board gurus..

im all ears…
Convince you of something I never said? Would be impressive even for me but naw.

Advertisement
I'll probably get crucified for this, but in that exchange, this is what we're getting.

- A worse QB than UF (and in my opinion, it's not really that close)
- A JUCO WR that's better than Ladson, but the bar is relatively low concerning what we saw in the Spring Game
- A 3-star TE (I'm just saying what he is, I LIKE HIM as a prospect before I get eviscerated further) that does hold a plethora of talented offers, but a guy I would put behind Riley Williams in the pecking order. I'd put him ahead of Carver though, since Carver is going to be a project...ideally would have just taken Riley and Reid (wow the jokes you can do with that combo), but Carver's upside is tantalizing to say the least.

And for the 3-TE guys...I just don't see it this class. I think they're going to put an emphasis on the trenches and go heavy + WRs, so 3 TE's might be too much.
We’re definitely taking three TE, especially with the counters changing to remove the 25 limit. We can load up on Cristobal types much faster.

If we go 5 OL + 3 TE + 4 WR + 5 DL + 5 DB + 2 RB + 2 QB + 3 LB that’s only 29 players.

Gotta consider we are losing a ton over the next 2 years we need to load up.

As far as the Juco receiver, go look at his HS tape (not the college tape with the noodle armed qb) and also his Bball tape (averaged 21 a game as a Soph) he has elite ups and great hands with very good speed for his size.

As far as Emory, I’m not even gonna try anymore, folks either see it or they don’t.

We’re definitely taking three TE, especially with the counters changing to remove the 25 limit. We can load up on Cristobal types much faster.

If we go 5 OL + 3 TE + 4 WR + 5 DL + 5 DB + 2 RB + 2 QB + 3 LB that’s only 29 players.

Gotta consider we are losing a ton over the next 2 years we need to load up.

As far as the Juco receiver, go look at his HS tape (not the college tape with the noodle armed qb) and also his Bball tape (averaged 21 a game as a Soph) he has elite ups and great hands with very good speed for his size.

As far as Emory, I’m not even gonna try anymore, folks either see it or they don’t.
I actually like that breakdown, and if that's the case...would love a three-headed tandem with Riley Reid and Carver. Hope u right.

I like Colbie too, this is just all stemming back to "fap worthy". I agree with Kansas Cane in that the news relates to Rashada and not the aforementioned commit watch.

Last edited:
I'll probably get crucified for this, but in that exchange, this is what we're getting.

- A worse QB than UF (and in my opinion, it's not really that close)
- A JUCO WR that's better than Ladson, but the bar is relatively low concerning what we saw in the Spring Game
- A 3-star TE (I'm just saying what he is, I LIKE HIM as a prospect before I get eviscerated further) that does hold a plethora of talented offers, but a guy I would put behind Riley Williams in the pecking order. I'd put him ahead of Carver though, since Carver is going to be a project...ideally would have just taken Riley and Reid (wow the jokes you can do with that combo), but Carver's upside is tantalizing to say the least.

And for the 3-TE guys...I just don't see it this class. I think they're going to put an emphasis on the trenches and go heavy + WRs, so 3 TE's might be too much.
I agree on all points but the Rashada recruitment is not over and they may take 3 TE for now but doesn’t mean that’s how it ends on ESD.

I 100% trust this staff to get things right with this class and since we can take 30 players vs 25 for the next two years, I am cool with taking some shots and letting it play out on the field.

Cream rises to the top and 2 years of being on the team is plenty of time to make a decision/evaluation in most cases.

Advertisement
Convince you of something I never said? Would be impressive even for me but naw.
My bad then but I see many and I thought you questioning the qb situation if it’s not rashada so was legit asking to explain…

We are gonna run alot of multiple TE sets. We need big body TEs who can both block and catch the ball. Also I think by the '24 class the staff is looking to flip the roster and everybody that is not up to the level will be gone. We didn't see as many outgoings as I thought this offseason, I see much more next. We are gonna have a big class I think.

We are gonna run alot of multiple TE sets. We need big body TEs who can both block and catch the ball. Also I think by the '24 class the staff is looking to flip the roster and everybody that is not up to the level will be gone. We didn't see as many outgoings as I thought this offseason, I see much more next. We are gonna have a big class I think.
This. With Mallory leaving after this year, its just Arroyo (possible 3 and done?), Skinner (possible 3 and done in the future???), mammarelli (possible spelling butcher, possible transfer candidate down the road although I never wanna see anyone leave???) And Brantley, who I believe is gonna seize that H-Back role and run away with it.

3 TE this class doesn't sound crazy to me IMO, especially if we have a 32 count for this year if im not mistaken. Good position to be in and grab some high upside recruits to redshirt along with the prize TE to get some burn next year

Advertisement
This. With Mallory leaving after this year, its just Arroyo (possible 3 and done?), Skinner (possible 3 and done in the future???), mammarelli (possible spelling butcher, possible transfer candidate down the road although I never wanna see anyone leave???) And Brantley, who I believe is gonna seize that H-Back role and run away with it.

3 TE this class doesn't sound crazy to me IMO, especially if we have a 32 count for this year if im not mistaken. Good position to be in and grab some high upside recruits to redshirt along with the prize TE to get some burn next year
I got us taking 3 TEs, 6 OL, & 6 DL

My bad then but I see many and I thought you questioning the qb situation if it’s not rashada so was legit asking to explain…
If Emory is the only QB signee in '23 I'll be concerned. I'm not a fan of Emory I've elaborated why that doesn't mean I'm full doom and gloom. Some loonies have convinced themselves Emory is the best QB in high school but I'll wait to jump on the bandwagon.

Advertisement
Position groups and spots that we thought didn’t need reinforcement are about to get crowded from what it looks like. And I’m sure that’s by design.

You would be fired in short order after getting your brains beat in by stacked teams. This is no difference than other conferences complaining about the SEC instead of joining them. Why u think Saban blew a gaskett? Everyone doing something now, not Just Ohio and Clemson and few others
Think of it from a marketing perspective rather than a recruiting perspective. Mannings NIL value is based on the name recognition from the success of his uncles. It already exists.

From a recruiting perspective it's more a projection of future value. It will increase if they hit the field and are successful. Just look at Van Dyke's NIL value now. What do you think it was prior to the start of last season?

It might be one reason why depth charts and fast paths to the field are becoming more of a factor. It will also make development more of a consideration. Someone like Lincoln Riley who can demonstrate a track record of developing QBs will take advantage of that and people will perceive a higher NIL value. (In his case, he's already taken advantage of that without even holding a practice).

Advertisement
An employment contract is enforceable. Unless both parties agree to mutually end the agreement (buyout), there’s not much they can do, unless the business can prove some sort of breach by the employee (player). Essentially, it’s a guaranteed contract.
... and I would think it's also enforceable if the employee transfers to another school as long as the employee continues to fulfill his obligations. If you tie the contract to a particular institution, it could be interpreted a pay-for-play. If so, that could open a whole can of worms.

I'll let the lawyers on site opine on this on.

Last edited:
Think of it from a marketing perspective rather than a recruiting perspective. Mannings NIL value is based on the name recognition from the success of his uncles. It already exists.

From a recruiting perspective it's more a projection of future value. It will increase if they hit the field and are successful. Just look at Van Dyke's NIL value now. What do you think it was prior to the start of last season?

It might be one reason why depth charts and fast paths to the field are becoming more of a factor. It will also make development more of a consideration. Someone like Lincoln Riley who can demonstrate a track record of developing QBs will take advantage of that and people will perceive a higher NIL value. (In his case, he's already taken advantage of that without even holding a practice).
Yes usually your performances is what increases your popularity but not always the case. Some people got nice looks that make them more recognizable even without on field success compared to others. Bet if someone comes out as *** for example and they are just a regular player his NIL value would skyrocket even without on field success.

Emory Williams
Reid Mikeska
Colbie Young

Rashada going to UF.

89AD9031-4E9B-4B9A-8C1C-6385EBE7A484.jpeg

Advertisement
Back