Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
Always wondered how these NIL deals will work if the player ends up being a scrub, I got to imagine these business won't want to pay top dollar to a 3rd stringer who never sees the field
It got nothing to do with their play. Its marketing. The basketball twin chicks who came from Fresno could not play and would be one of the most valuable NIL in the NCAA

I as well. West Endzone
I got tickets from a vendor of mine at the time. Home side about 25 yard line about 30 rows up. I was the only green in a sea of pastel orange. My wife was a Vol fan at the time but that game converted her. She said that’s what a real football team looks like. Lol

Not even close, there hasn’t even been one decommittment yet.
On the surface it appears He’s the first true nil recruit shopping offers it’s a completely different scenario than just decomitting but don’t worry that’s probably coming down the road

Their NIL value is nothing right now unless your name is Manning.

It's pay for play. Nobody besides die hards and recruitniks know who this kid is. He has no value now and as you get playing time, NIL should be based on that.

Hate what this has become. I have to be real, I wouldn't make it as a coach today. The moment some kid said so and so is offering this, what do you have, I'd likely tell them to GTFO. If they were humble about it, we had an established relationship, then maybe I'd be okay with it. Seems some today are asking for free trips and just ho'ing themselves out to the highest bidder like never before.
You would be fired in short order after getting your brains beat in by stacked teams. This is no difference than other conferences complaining about the SEC instead of joining them. Why u think Saban blew a gaskett? Everyone doing something now, not Just Ohio and Clemson and few others

Advertisement
On the surface it appears He’s the first true nil recruit shopping offers it’s a completely different scenario than just decomitting but don’t worry that’s probably coming down the road
He does appear to be the first that has had a prolonged negotiation. Nico was shopping offers it just happened Tenn stepped up big time and fvcked up the market. This may end up the strangest recruitment but thus far it’s just not that strange to me. Only thing that is strange is that he moved the decision date one week which isn’t that crazy.

I don't know about anyone, but it dawned on me, if the NCAA could find some teeth somewhere to start looking into not the NIL itself but the fact communications were being had to entice a player to a school this Rashada thing might be the first one they take up. Then again, what grounds would they have to force someone to reveal their communications, considering its legal to give high school kids NIL in California.

It got nothing to do with their play. Its marketing. The basketball twin chicks who came from Fresno could not play and would be one of the most valuable NIL in the NCAA
Exactly this. Same reason Shaq, Lebron and Master Ps kids are getting big deals. Same thing with that gymnast who is at LSU I believe. She ain’t going to be selling out stadiums but her brand is huge.

If you are doing NIL the right way on field performance doesn’t matter as much as how valuable their brand is. Obviously it would help make the brand bigger but you’re not paying for on field performance. Same thing with worrying about if they hit the portal. If they do, great you just picked up a new market.

It’s why Ruiz is doing deals with all the long snappers. It’s a way to get access to all these fan bases without helping those teams recruit. The deals are small and If one of these kids develops a huge following it pays for all of the other deals. It’s also why he’s big on educating his “ambassadors” on how to leverage their brand. Now if you’re a collective basically doing pay for play then you’re fvcked.

A567C289-F43F-45C4-8766-6E41A01844FA.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Always wondered how these NIL deals will work if the player ends up being a scrub, I got to imagine these business won't want to pay top dollar to a 3rd stringer who never sees the field

An employment contract is enforceable. Unless both parties agree to mutually end the agreement (buyout), there’s not much they can do, unless the business can prove some sort of breach by the employee (player). Essentially, it’s a guaranteed contract.

Exactly this. Same reason Shaq, Lebron and Master Ps kids are getting big deals. Same thing with that gymnast who is at LSU I believe. She ain’t going to be selling out stadiums but her brand is huge.

If you are doing NIL the right way on field performance doesn’t matter as much as how valuable their brand is. Obviously it would help make the brand bigger but you’re not paying for on field performance. Same thing with worrying about if they hit the portal. If they do, great you just picked up a new market.

It’s why Ruiz is doing deals with all the long snappers. It’s a way to get access to all these fan bases without helping those teams recruit. The deals are small and If one of these kids develops a huge following it pays for all of the other deals. It’s also why he’s big on educating his “ambassadors” on how to leverage their brand. Now if you’re a collective basically doing pay for play then you’re fvcked.

Personally I think Ruiz is signing snappers to little deals to further insulate and protect himself and UM. I think it’s a power chess move.

1- the more teams in CFB he has an NIL kid at the more likely the NCAA coming after Miami hurts some of their sacred cows.

2- Giving a snapper NIL doesn’t help that program at all. ESPECIALLY since he’s offering it to all teams.

This is being done solely to further his efforts to help Miami. It’s breakage.

denzel washington checkers GIF

Last edited:
Advertisement
From Alderman on UF 247 board this afternoon:

A 5th OV is something anticipated to happen. It would be to Miami like had been previously mentioned by the family.

A date for it is still TBD as far as I know right now, but I’d think it would be the earlier side of next week if it is locked in and set.

I think UF/A&M have a pretty wide lead on others like Miami, Ole Miss, and LSU. I’m still leaning UF here, but we’ll see if the visit changes anything if it is full locked in.

A 5th OV is something anticipated to happen. It would be to Miami like had been previously mentioned by the family.

A date for it is still TBD as far as I know right now, but I’d think it would be the earlier side of next week if it is locked in and set.

I think UF/A&M have a pretty wide lead on others like Miami, Ole Miss, and LSU. I’m still leaning UF here, but we’ll see if the visit changes anything if it is full locked in.

Can’t believe people pay for that nonsense.

Blake’s in for a **** of a week.

Tuesday “Miami is closing the Gap”. Wednesday “UF/Miami have a wide lead”
Thursday “UF still out ahead but anything can change”
Friday “family has gone silent while they make a decision. Still confident in UF”
Saturday “staff has made great offer and if he wants to play early it’s UF”
Sunday “I’ll release a VIP article on what went wrong”

So every team has fake insiders?

“We knew this was coming”

“Recruiting is fluid” when they miss

“NILs and bags and blah blah blah”

Advertisement
Back