Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
UF is definitely more desperate for a QB at this point. As many others have said don’t mind passing on Rashada as long as we use the excess funds on the trenches or WR.
Yepit's definitely coming across as desperation. For us, you win some, lose some, move on to the next. In our situation. it's not like the cupboard is bare, there are more critical priorities.

Fwiw- Ferman has a QB article up this afternoon. He says that as of late morning there is no OV set up for Rashada and the Canes. He also said that Williams is aware of the possibility of a 2 QB class and really prefers to be the only QB in a class. He is deciding whether to attend more camps and/or schedule more visits to increase his offer list. If Rashada announces for a team other than the Canes they believe Williams could commit to Miami. The unknown here is Moore, who does t seem to be in a hurry. His level of interest in Miami is another question. Could be an interesting last two weeks before the dead period.

Advertisement
Fwiw- Ferman has a QB article up this afternoon. He says that as of late morning there is no OV set up for Rashada and the Canes. He also said that Williams is aware of the possibility of a 2 QB class and really prefers to be the only QB in a class. He is deciding whether to attend more camps and/or schedule more visits to increase his offer list. If Rashada announces for a team other than the Canes they believe Williams could commit to Miami. The unknown here is Moore, who does t seem to be in a hurry. His level of interest in Miami is another question. Could be an interesting last two weeks before the dead period.
Remember me saying “two qb’s was a possibility in early May“? I don’t think it happens but they were willing to do it in a perfect world. They liked Emory that much. Some people refused to believe that.

Last edited:
Remember me saying “two qb’s was a possibility in early May“? I don’t think it happens but they were willing to do it in a perfect world. They liked Emory that much.
And there is always that portal thing down the road….

Florida came out of NOWHERE in his recruitment it seems, so they either dropped a huge bag of money in their lap or it’s all just a smokescreen. I’m guessing UF needed a recruiting “win” in a major way and they ponied up.
I kept telling people to watch out for them awhile ago. Even though some people kinda snickered. They wanted to make a statement and were willing to throw big money around. People forget if their boosters are in on a coach they’ll spend with anyone .

I still believe wherever he commits his recruitment will not be over. It wouldn’t make sense for them.

You have to step back and look at the big picture here.

If NIL > Depth Chart (for Rashada), then I can't possibly see aTm losing out on Rashada. Why? Because look at what they did at DL just a few months ago. Numbers didn't matter. Depth chart didn't matter. MONEY mattered. And if NIL is more important than anything else with Rashada, PLUS he has a chance to compete for the #1 job in a year (unlike how it will be handed to him in Hogtown), then I can't see aTm losing on this one.

I know, I know, they're still in it for Moore. But Moore has a stronger (coaching) connection to Miami, and it just makes more sense.

I realize the Gaytors are confident. After all, Billy Gaypier DID coach at Arizona State for a year. And everyone knows that 60-pass Richardson will win the Heisman in 6 months and immediately go to the NFL, regardless of his statistical split last year between the FAU/USF games, and, you know, every other Power 5 game the Gaytors played.

Again, if aTm is smart, and Rashada favors the money over a binding contract to be named the starter in 7 months, then aTm is the pick.

And (as if it needs to be said), Jimbo has a FAAAAAARRRR superior record of developing QBs than Billy Gaypier does. That's just an uncontroverted fact.

Advertisement
Nothing positive about UF landing him if that’s the end result. Guess we’ll have some interesting financial battles with them going forward.
No we won’t. Any position of need kid, all things being equal for a can’t-miss prospect? We will outbid them, out-recruit them. Whatever it takes. That goes for Miami against *any* school. Some headaches just aren’t worth it. The staff seems to have determined that Jaden is one of those, for now. As Cribby said, wherever he ends up, this recruitment will keep going and Miami will keep evaluating his worth.

You have to step back and look at the big picture here.

If NIL > Depth Chart (for Rashada), then I can't possibly see aTm losing out on Rashada. Why? Because look at what they did at DL just a few months ago. Numbers didn't matter. Depth chart didn't matter. MONEY mattered. And if NIL is more important than anything else with Rashada, PLUS he has a chance to compete for the #1 job in a year (unlike how it will be handed to him in Hogtown), then I can't see aTm losing on this one.

I know, I know, they're still in it for Moore. But Moore has a stronger (coaching) connection to Miami, and it just makes more sense.

I realize the Gaytors are confident. After all, Billy Gaypier DID coach at Arizona State for a year. And everyone knows that 60-pass Richardson will win the Heisman in 6 months and immediately go to the NFL, regardless of his statistical split last year between the FAU/USF games, and, you know, every other Power 5 game the Gaytors played.

Again, if aTm is smart, and Rashada favors the money over a binding contract to be named the starter in 7 months, then aTm is the pick.

And (as if it needs to be said), Jimbo has a FAAAAAARRRR superior record of developing QBs than Billy Gaypier does. That's just an uncontroverted fact.
There’s no real chance to compete at A&M except for this year and only cuz weigman is a true freshman. He’s recruited from A&M land with A&M blood in booster positions. If he doesn’t start there sooner rather than later jimbo will hear about it. The lsu transfer guy is the bridge for his learning process

People wanted to argue me down and call me stupid when I said Miami is not in favor of Rashada. I don’t doubt he likes Miami, but UF is just more favorable. **** all that “is he afraid to compete” **** y’all talking. This is a 17 y/o kid looking to get on the field right away the easy way. And Miami does not allow for that. UF is his best bet! Point blank period. Their QB room is horrible. And as I said, I just don’t see him beating out Garcia and he’ll have to compete with Brown. And before any of you clowns say “what makes you think Garcia would be shoe in QB1 after TVD” just stop it! Lol

Advertisement
No we won’t. Any position of need kid, all things being equal for a can’t-miss prospect? We will outbid them, out-recruit them. Whatever it takes. That goes for Miami against *any* school. Some headaches just aren’t worth it. The staff seems to have determined that Jaden is one of those, for now. As Cribby said, wherever he ends up, this recruitment will keep going and Miami will keep evaluating his worth.
That’s a strong orange and green spin on everything. At this point I don’t doubt Switch Blade will never out recruit Mario but think you are underestimating their money.

Last edited:
No we won’t. Any position of need kid, all things being equal for a can’t-miss prospect? We will outbid them, out-recruit them. Whatever it takes. Some headaches just aren’t worth it. The staff seems to have determined that Jaden is one of those, for now. As Cribby said, wherever he ends up, this recruitment will keep going and Miami will keep evaluating his worth.
I totally understand that point, but there’s no denying they HAVE the funds if they’re outbidding everyone on Rashada (including us) no matter how preposterous we or the public perceives that number to be. Therefore, they have the funds to spend on other prospects…unless they’re just blowing their load on one recruit per class, which I highly doubt.

Cribby is right in that the Gator always had money; remember during the Urban days, they were as dirty as anyone in regards to paying players. They just haven’t had a reason to fork over the money to back the team in recent history, similar to our lack of financial support until ultimatums were set forth and Mario was ushered in.

I personally think saying we will outbid every one of our mutual prospects is shortsighted, it’s always f^ck the Gator…but they are using this recruitment as a point of emphasis that they will not go quietly in Mario’s shadow.

Advertisement
I'm a fan of Rashada's, but my bigger question (than whether or not he'll stick to his June commitment) is how will this impact us with his teammates on the Immortals
No reason I have to believe it impacts us at all with Brown, Washington or any of the others. Our offense is far more impactful in how we do there.

Miami is going to outbid texas AM, Bama and UGA for players at positions of need? I know they are serious now but I am not believing this until I see it.

I totally understand that point, but there’s no denying they HAVE the funds if they’re outbidding everyone on Rashada (including us) no matter how preposterous we or the public perceives that number to be. Therefore, they have the funds to spend on other prospects…unless they’re just blowing their load on one recruit per class, which I highly doubt.

Cribby is right in that the Gator always had money; remember during the Urban days, they were as dirty as anyone in regards to paying players. They just haven’t had a reason to fork over the money to back the team in recent history, similar to our lack of financial support until ultimatums were set forth and Mario was ushered in.

I personally think saying we will outbid every one of our mutual prospects is shortsighted, it’s always f^ck the Gator…but they are using this recruitment as a point of emphasis that they will not go quietly in Mario’s shadow.
You are misunderstanding… We could outbid Florida easily for Jaden, in fact talking to Jaden’s coach, the demand is very simple (if you choose to believe his camp) we match Florida’s offer and he is a Cane. That’s the understanding from talking to the NIL guys as well.

However, as I said, position of need. The staff and the NIL portion of the support evaluate every kid we are going after and some kids have more elasticity in what we are will to offer. Those kids include the ‘TCB’ kids who we will do anything and everything(legally) required to land. However that’s why I said ‘all things being equal’. Jaden is not seen as the desperate ‘gotta have him’ kid that some here think he is. Emory, apparently, impressed every major decision maker on Miami’s staff when he threw on Saturday. The evaluations were made, that’s why I bumped my old post saying it was all about matching money and Miami seems to have chosen to not. At that point it was still up in the air. That doesn’t seem to be the case this afternoon.

Miami is going to outbid texas AM, Bama and UGA for players at positions of need? I know they are serious now but I am not believing this until I see it.
Step 1 isn’t even those three imo…it’s Francis and Tennessee, that’s my first test. You can’t outbid them, good luck with the others. And yes I know Tennessee will have a fat offer…but these are the types of kids that are worth it.

Advertisement
Back