Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
Oh my God you couldn’t be more wrong with thinking this! I personally know of two recruits that Miami has agreements with who will wait until NSD to commit solely BECAUSE they are being paid to visit campuses and keep their recruitment open by the usual suspects.
It’s funny when I see posts like that. All you have to do is go on Google and look up how much flights, rental cars and hotels costs for all these trips. Ask yourself, how many families can afford to spend $5k touring schools all around the country?

This isn’t new. There are unofficial visits and there are unofficial bags to pay for these visits plus some. The naivety of some people smh lol bless there innocent hearts

Edit: $5k won’t even get it done. We’re seeing whole families on every trip. $15-$20k is more likely

Advertisement
Oh my God you couldn’t be more wrong with thinking this! I personally know of two recruits that Miami has agreements with who will wait until NSD to commit solely BECAUSE they are being paid to visit campuses and keep their recruitment open by the usual suspects.
It sounds crazy but some schools pay recruits to visit just for the publicity it creates for the program. I understand why because its hard grasp, but people don't seem to understand how much money is involved in all this.

While you are hopefully correct I still feel like this type of thing hasn’t come to fruition for us in the past. Hopefully the new regime can right the wrong

A big time recruit can make upwards of $50k just for an OV. Why do you think so many of these kids want to take all their visits?

And why do we think a kid flies into a serious thunderstorm in Atlanta, puts up with flight delays, and gets to Hogtown late, only to turn around in less than 24 hours and return to the west coast for an important Quarterback camp on only 1 hour of sleep...

Cha-ching!

Advertisement
Are the kids from Florida or other states? I wouldn't put it past them to do this. But imo, unless you are public, you aint committed, don't care who you tell you coming. Don't get Travis Huntered

Is it safe to assume that we are also doing the same?

So seeing Miami showing up in a ton of the elite recruits top lists and getting 1 of their 5 OVs is basically additional confirmation that we're finally playing ball?

I would love for you to elaborate but I know ur not!

Advertisement
Is it safe to assume that we are also doing the same?

So seeing Miami showing up in a ton of the elite recruits top lists and getting 1 of their 5 OVs is basically additional confirmation that we're finally playing ball?

Depends on the recruit. Not everyone wants the illcit money, not everyone needs it. And it depends on how much. I don't think it's as big of a problem to offer illicit "travel expenses" as it is to offer a round number like $50K or $75K.

NIL can easily cover the travel expenses for UVs. Bigger dollar amounts...not so much...

We are finally playing ball, but not at an SEC level yet. Except NIL. THAT is at an SEC level or higher.

It's pretty easy to figure out when a guy has "school I like" plus 4 (non-Bama, non-UGa) SEC schools on his Official Visit list...

Tom Hiddleston Reaction GIF

Advertisement
It sounds crazy but some schools pay recruits to visit just for the publicity it creates for the program. I understand why because its hard grasp, but people don't seem to understand how much money is involved in all this.

Yep. And on Day 1 of NIL, I thought "NIL is going to get rid of this illicit money", but by Day 2 I realized "well, we're just in the hybrid era now, where schools pay BOTH illicit money AND the NIL money".

Game on.

Getting OVs from big name recruits can help kick start your recruiting class, especially if you've hired a new coach who isn't exactly hitting it out of the park during his first recruiting season *cough* gators *cough*

Yep. And on Day 1 of NIL, I thought "NIL is going to get rid of this illicit money", but by Day 2 I realized "well, we're just in the hybrid era now, where schools pay BOTH illicit money AND the NIL money".

Game on.
It's kinda crazy because with most schools using (legally dubious) tax deductible collectives, I thought all the money would flow that way considering the benefit to the bagmen - lower tax bill - and due to risk aversion by eliminating illicit payments. Wild times

Advertisement
Back