Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

You can't plan your college roster like the NFL. You have to stack chips at every position, especially Qb. The risk of injury, a bad evaluation (like DJ Uiagalelei at Clemson), or transfer is real. Bama is the blueprint. Recruit blue chip players year after year, let the cream rise, let some stay if they want, let some transfer, but keep bringing in kids who can steal the starter's job from the moment they step on campus. That's how you build a team, build a culture, and keep players motivated to be their absolute best. The program shouldn't deviate from their guiding principles on this.

Advertisement
Unbiased question... And I legit just want to know what you guys will say...

If you was Rashada, would you commit here? If I'm a highly ranked QB, I'm going somewhere were I can start year 1 or 2. That's just me though. I know it's hella benefits from "waiting your turn" but yeah man. Any P5, pass-happy school would get my attention.
Then how is it that USC appears more than able to stack 5 star quarterback after 4 star quarterback after 5 star quarterback?

Lot to like. Gunslinger. Move well in the pocket and out of it. But that highlight reel is incomplete. I'd love to see more of his deep ball and what his out route throws to the wide side look like. I'd want to test his arm strength. But undoubtedly the coaches have seen a **** of a lot more than this little YouTube video.

Advertisement
Then how is it that USC appears more than able to stack 5 star quarterback after 4 star quarterback after 5 star quarterback?
Lol listen y'all.... I'm just simply asking what would Y'ALL do and I'm telling y'all what I would do. I understand how other schools stack and we definitely should stack as well! No doubt!

Once again, I'm saying if I was Rashada or any 5star QB, going to a "big" school wouldn't be that important coming str8 out of highschool when you can possibly get even a bigger bag the following yr.

Def not over with Rashada but not trending well. @1murhurricane with the on point warning a couple months back when it looked like we were in the drivers seat and the news was all pro Canes;

"I'm not optimistic there personally. Some people are but I'm not one of them. My source here is very very close to the situation not a 7v7 coach etc. like I told someone last week someone is being told something not true and it's either my side or the optimistic Miami side. Full disclosure I hope I'm wrong"

Def not over with Rashada but not trending well. @1murhurricane with the on point warning a couple months back when it looked like we were in the drivers seat and the news was all pro Canes;

"I'm not optimistic there personally. Some people are but I'm not one of them. My source here is very very close to the situation not a 7v7 coach etc. like I told someone last week someone is being told something not true and it's either my side or the optimistic Miami side. Full disclosure I hope I'm wrong"
Im still circling the June 12th he mentioned as an interesting day earlier in this thread

Advertisement
I should've been more clear with my answer.... I wouldn't go here, those schools you named or ANYWHERE were I couldn't play yr 1 or 2. I would personally try to find the best p5 pass-happy school that NEED a QB now or SOON
Said a few pages back, but assuming Garcia is good enough to go to the league, it would be Jacurri vs Rashada in his year 2. Assuming Rashada really is the goods. He’ll play year 1 or 2 here. Either Garcia is the good and goes to NFL in Rashadas year 2, or Garcia is not the goods and Rashada plays year 1 over Garcia.

Said a few pages back, but assuming Garcia is good enough to go to the league, it would be Jacurri vs Rashada in his year 2. Assuming Rashada really is the goods. He’ll play year 1 or 2 here. Either Garcia is the good and goes to NFL in Rashadas year 2, or Garcia is not the goods and Rashada plays year 1 over Garcia.
Lol well.... Yeah that's a possible situation

I dont care how much $ we spend or over spend on a gunslinger. Aint my $, who cares if he gets paid & sits for a year… I dont see no salary cap. Talking about his $ could be spent elsewhere……. Just pay em all

Advertisement
People are saying Rashada wouldn’t want to come here because of the comp in front of him. In reality he’s got Jake Garcia who was a mid 4 star and Jacurri who was a low 4 star presumably “in front of him”. Meanwhile our main comp for him appears to be Bama, A&M, and Oregon. Bama has high 4 star Milroe and 5 Star Thompson in front of him, A&M also has a 5* in front of him, and Oregon just signed a borderline 5* last class as well. I love our QB room as much as the next guy but we’re not exactly stacked beyond comprehension to where a guy sees the room and is like oh no way I’ll ever start there. All of his top suitors have high ranked prospects ahead of him. If we miss out him, it feels like it will be because we’re not going to just throw money at him. Well offer a fair NIL deal and if he goes elsewhere, 🤷🏼‍♂️

People are saying Rashada wouldn’t want to come here because of the comp in front of him. In reality he’s got Jake Garcia who was a mid 4 star and Jacurri who was a low 4 star presumably “in front of him”. Meanwhile our main comp for him appears to be Bama, A&M, and Oregon. Bama has high 4 star Milroe and 5 Star Thompson in front of him, A&M also has a 5* in front of him, and Oregon just signed a borderline 5* last class as well. I love our QB room as much as the next guy but we’re not exactly stacked beyond comprehension to where a guy sees the room and is like oh no way I’ll ever start there. All of his top suitors have high ranked prospects ahead of him. If we miss out him, it feels like it will be because we’re not going to just throw money at him. Well offer a fair NIL deal and if he goes elsewhere, 🤷🏼‍♂️

Baffling how few people here can grasp this when we all have this conversation every single year. Mind-blowing.

Advertisement
Actually a lot. Off the top of my head besides Caleb: Rattler, Slovis, Gabriel, Ewers, JT Daniels, Dart at minimum all fit the mold of what I am talking about. That number will only go up.
Yea, if the transfer portal was like it is now a guy like Matt Ryan doesn’t stay at BC his whole career. That’s just the way it is now. If you are a great lower lvl P5 QB which happens a lot then you will be looking to go to a more high profile spot.

I’m good with spending the money on other positions for elite guys (for now) if there is a certain budget. Did you all forget who the QB was last year for the reigning national champs. I’ll tell you it wasn’t Bryce Young.

Only obstacle to Rashada vying for the starting spot w/ us would be TVD. Who, if he has the type of season expected, would be gone to the NFL. Everyone else has to compete. Not that difficult to see and sell. Thankfully, we have a HC who can sell on par w/ anyone in CFB.

Your point overall is very good but Garcia was a top 100 overall prospect in the country, better than just mid IMO.

Advertisement
Back