Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

I will trust the staff here, they have a track record in recruiting although QB is a weak point for MC. That all said, we don’t know what kind of money Rashada is demanding and in all reality while Garcia is a very nice piece he isn’t a sure fire prospect either. We need to get past the dark ages Miami thinking. We need to stack talent. If we get beat out for a top QB, that’s part of the game but let’s not rationalize here. It’s like when we signed Duke or any other stud, we used to act like that was enough. We need to prepare for not hitting evals and stack talent. We need to stack the trenches and QB. QB recruiting should always be of the highest priority.
Agreed. And I am past tired of hearing that "it's okay, next year's class is really loaded." I read this all the time here and on Canespace. The problem is, next year doesn't always arrive. I heard for months and months about how loaded this year's wide receiver class is. And so it is. But we're tooth and nail with a slew of other schools to try to secure those talents.

Advertisement
𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑚 𝑏𝑜𝑦𝑠 𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑎𝑡 247 𝑠𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑤𝑒'𝑑 𝑏𝑒 𝑙𝑢𝑐𝑘𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑎 𝑣𝑖𝑠𝑖𝑡. 𝑆𝑎𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔 ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑆𝐸𝐶 𝑜𝑟 𝑂𝑟𝑒𝑔𝑜𝑛

When the 5 star sweepstakes comes to an end, and it will soon, offers are going to pour in for this kid and he is going to shoot up the rankings. People shouldn't be confusing no stars to mean no talent with what it actually means, not yet rated.

A lot of good tools in his tape, I'm not upset at this offer at all, and suspect he ends up a top 300 4 star prospect.
Jacurri Brown and someone like this to me seems like the exact type of guy you go for between STUD Qbs you are paying hella for. More of a developmental guy with a lot of potential in case that stud doesn't end up panning out - even though the top rated Qbs have a much higher hit rate of at least being solid...

This dude definitely has some good arm velocity and better than decent enough athleticism to not be a statue in the pocket. In his HL tape he's definitely hitting some tight window throws. not like every HL tape where its just guy running wide open deep...

Very short-sighted.

Bama signed Bryce Young in 2020, Jalen Milroe in 2021, and Ty Simpson in 2022. You can bet your *** they paid out the nose for all of them. And they're gonna sign Eli Holstein or Arch Manning this year. It's the most important position in all of sports. If all these kids are really as good as this board thinks they are, then TVD is the QB in 2022, Jake is the QB in 2023, and you have a complete project as your only option in 2024 (assuming you slide into the shadows on kids like Rashada and take a 0-star in 2023). That's not how you build a monster. You can think you're going to pull the UGA blueprint and recruit so many 5-stars at other positions that you can win a Natty with Stetson Bennett, but I'm not sure that's very realistic. If you can get a 5-star QB, absolutely nothing should be off the table.
You do realize in 2024 Jake Garcia will have 2 years of elgibility left right?. And Jacarri Brown is likely a rs freshman right.

We just need to recruit a qb every year. If dont land something 4 star level..grabbin a portal guy isnt bad.

I honestly already like the options in 2024 class...
Rashada was my qb1....

but a guy like Moore, Howard, or the kid from the Pan handle i wont mind

I think this just proves my point though. If they get Arch Manning - I would assume Arch is picking them with the presumption that he is likely going to play immediately right? Or do you think Manning is gunna pick Bama with the idea he wont play?
And if they do get Arch and he plays, they just wasted money on Milroe and Simpson.
If you are getting a 5star QB, it's pretty reasonable to expect them to start within 2 years. But to have a 5star Qb waste away on the bench would be dumb and a complete waste of money - thats the point. The money could have been spent on ten+ legit starters. Now maybe this would actually work itself out because a 5star qb isn't going to sit on the bench for 3 years just cause of NIL - they'll try to play somewhere else, so that money would come off the books...

What I'm saying is we should spend all the money on the Qb that we are projecting to start. So after TVD/Garcia if this staff wants a starting QB, put up the $3-4m whatever it takes and just go get THE GUY. Outbid everyone for the guy you want to start for you immediately. Then in 2-3 more years when he is gone do the same thing. In between you can get developmental prospects like Jacurri Brown who aren't expensive and will potentially be able to start in 3 years if the other guy doesn't pan out...

like if you have a yearly budget of $4m on Qbs. It's best to just say **** it and spend the majority of it all on one guy, rather than evenly spread out. Because if you try to do it that way you will constantly miss out on the very top prospect.
tHEY NOT GETTING ARCH MANNING.

Bur i do agree with you it would mean they wasted money on the others.

Advertisement
You do realize in 2024 Jake Garcia will have 2 years of elgibility left right?. And Jacarri Brown is likely a rs freshman right.

We just need to recruit a qb every year. If dont land something 4 star level..grabbin a portal guy isnt bad.

I honestly already like the options in 2024 class...
Rashada was my qb1....

but a guy like Moore, Howard, or the kid from the Pan handle i wont mind

Of course I do. But there are people here who think Jake is better than TVD, or neck and neck with him. TVD is very much on the Round 1 radar next year. Long way to go for sure, but as of today he’s being talked up as a first-round pick. If Jake is truly better than he is, would it surprise you or anyone if Jake plays well in 2023 and bounces to the league after that?

If Jake really is > TVD, he’s not gonna be here in 2024. We need a QB this class to compete with Brown.

What’s short sited is spending say 1mil on Rashadas freshman season which will be spent on the bench when it could be spent on 2-3 blue chippers at DE, LB, CB or wherever-positions where they can contribute as freshmen and therefore be less likely to hit the portal. Does that mean we shouldn’t recruit Rashada? No. But he has a point.

Who says we have a budget? Who says what that budget is? You’re talking like an NFL GM managing a salary cap. This roster has a lot of holes that need to be filled, I agree with you 100% there. But 5-star QBs don’t grow on trees.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Unbiased question... And I legit just want to know what you guys will say...

If you was Rashada, would you commit here? If I'm a highly ranked QB, I'm going somewhere were I can start year 1 or 2. That's just me though. I know it's hella benefits from "waiting your turn" but yeah man. Any P5, pass-happy school would get my attention.

Of course I do. But there are people here who think Jake is better than TVD, or neck and neck with him. TVD is very much on the Round 1 radar next year. Long way to go for sure, but as of today he’s being talked up as a first-round pick. If Jake is truly better than he is, would it surprise you or anyone if Jake plays well in 2023 and bounces to the league after that?

If Jake really is > TVD, he’s not gonna be here in 2024. We need a QB this class to compete with Brown.
No because of NIL and the fact he would have only 1 szn of good film if he is supposedly bouncing early.
It would be a HUGE surprise...for him to bounce early to be a 6th or 7th rounder.

Jake Garcia im high on...but he wont have much game film to be rated or to LEAVE to go anyhwhere...if he is leaving here its to transfer out somewhere.

I dont know why the panic about the qb spot....Worst comes to worst we can always pluck a portal qb in 2024.

Advertisement
And with this transfer portal... You don't even have to commit to the first school on your list. Go somewhere were you can play, light that **** up and then get that bag the following yr lol. Kids are not thinking tho. They want the bag now.

If you was Rashada, would you commit here? If I'm a highly ranked QB, I'm going somewhere were I can start year 1 or 2. That's just me though. I know it's hella benefits from "waiting your turn" but yeah man. Any P5, pass-happy school would get my attention.
𝑊𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝑇𝑒𝑥𝑎𝑠 𝑎&𝑚 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎 5 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚 2021 𝑠𝑜 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒𝑙𝑦 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑗𝑢𝑚𝑝 ℎ𝑖𝑚 𝑒𝑖𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑢𝑛𝑙𝑒𝑠𝑠 ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑠 𝑂𝑟𝑒𝑔𝑜𝑛 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑙𝑦.

Sure, but why do Bama, UGA, Ohio st, Oklahoma, Clemson, LSU, USC, etc. Get away with it, but we can’t?

Sure, but why do Bama, UGA, Ohio st, Oklahoma, Clemson, LSU, USC, etc. Get away with it, but we can’t?
I should've been more clear with my answer.... I wouldn't go here, those schools you named or ANYWHERE were I couldn't play yr 1 or 2. I would personally try to find the best p5 pass-happy school that NEED a QB now or SOON

Advertisement
Back