Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
Top 50 QB who has a list that is wide open. Attends Pittsburg High in Pittsburg, California. Pops played at ASU and they are a dumpster fire right now. Played with my brother last year after transferring in from IMG by way of Liberty High School in Brentwood(he was the backup for 4 star QB who signed to Oregon). I think he’s worth an offer because Nico(top QB on the board) is Bama or Oregon bound in my opinion.

Jaden has a great arm but he’ll definitely need time to add weight and grow as a QB(past season first year starting). Pitt is in the highest classification in California and in my opinion is a top 3 Public HS program in NorCal. I think we should definitely take a look at him.

His dad was a safety at ASU, he got roasted by Jammi German back in the day.....

Advertisement
Yikes I knew we weren't getting Rashada after the "dream offer" a couple weeks ago but for this to be plan A. Mario hate will be in full force momentarily and I can't say it's unjust.

How tf can there be a thing called “Mario hate” ????

He’s 4 months shy of even coaching his first football game. Y’all are that out of your ******* minds that you hate our head football coach before he coaches any football???

Advertisement
I wouldn’t even say he’s the backup plan. When you are texted ‘Emory Williams is our guy’ and ‘We aren’t in Jaden’s top 3 rn’ by someone who talks to the recruiting staff daily when you ask about where we stand with Rashada, that pretty much puts it into perspective. The reason should be evident by the schools Jaden is talking up. Obviously if he OVs here then things can change but that conversation happened today so that’s all I can go off of. Staff ******* loves the kid.
****.gif

I wouldn’t even say he’s the backup plan. When you are texted ‘Emory Williams is our guy’ and ‘We aren’t in Jaden’s top 3 rn’ by someone who talks to the recruiting staff daily when you ask about where we stand with Rashada, that pretty much puts it into perspective. The reason should be evident by the schools Jaden is talking up. Obviously if he OVs here then things can change but that conversation happened today so that’s all I can go off of. Staff ******* loves the kid.
I've already said this a few times, but Rashada just didn't make much sense unless we were convinced Garcia wasn't going to be the guy next year. Or that Rashada was going to be a major upgrade.
It's really that simple. Rashada would have likely been a waste of money for at least 1 year - which if we are going anywhere close to what Tenn offered is like $2m. Thats enough to sign like at least 10 studs.
With Qb we have to be smart with the money, because they are so much more expensive and valuable. We need to go all out for a QB - but when it makes sense. **** getting the top qb every year. Get the top Qb every other year. And if that QB doesn't pan out entice a portal guy....

Advertisement
I've already said this a few times, but Rashada just didn't make much sense unless we were convinced Garcia wasn't going to be the guy next year. Or that Rashada was going to be a major upgrade.
It's really that simple. Rashada would have likely been a waste of money for at least 1 year - which if we are going anywhere close to what Tenn offered is like $2m. Thats enough to sign like at least 10 studs.
With Qb we have to be smart with the money, because they are so much more expensive and valuable. We need to go all out for a QB - but when it makes sense. **** getting the top qb every year. Get the top Qb every other year. And if that QB doesn't pan out entice a portal guy....
I will trust the staff here, they have a track record in recruiting although QB is a weak point for MC. That all said, we don’t know what kind of money Rashada is demanding and in all reality while Garcia is a very nice piece he isn’t a sure fire prospect either. We need to get past the dark ages Miami thinking. We need to stack talent. If we get beat out for a top QB, that’s part of the game but let’s not rationalize here. It’s like when we signed Duke or any other stud, we used to act like that was enough. We need to prepare for not hitting evals and stack talent. We need to stack the trenches and QB. QB recruiting should always be of the highest priority.

Very short-sighted.

Bama signed Bryce Young in 2020, Jalen Milroe in 2021, and Ty Simpson in 2022. You can bet your *** they paid out the nose for all of them. And they're gonna sign Eli Holstein or Arch Manning this year. It's the most important position in all of sports. If all these kids are really as good as this board thinks they are, then TVD is the QB in 2022, Jake is the QB in 2023, and you have a complete project as your only option in 2024 (assuming you slide into the shadows on kids like Rashada and take a 0-star in 2023). That's not how you build a monster. You can think you're going to pull the UGA blueprint and recruit so many 5-stars at other positions that you can win a Natty with Stetson Bennett, but I'm not sure that's very realistic. If you can get a 5-star QB, absolutely nothing should be off the table.

Advertisement
Very short-sighted.

Bama signed Bryce Young in 2020, Jalen Milroe in 2021, and Ty Simpson in 2022. You can bet your *** they paid out the nose for all of them. And they're gonna sign Eli Holstein or Arch Manning this year. It's the most important position in all of sports. If all these kids are really as good as this board thinks they are, then TVD is the QB in 2022, Jake is the QB in 2023, and you have a complete project as your only option in 2024 (assuming you slide into the shadows on kids like Rashada and take a 0-star in 2023). That's not how you build a monster. You can think you're going to pull the UGA blueprint and recruit so many 5-stars at other positions that you can win a Natty with Stetson Bennett, but I'm not sure that's very realistic. If you can get a 5-star QB, absolutely nothing should be off the table.
I think this just proves my point though. If they get Arch Manning - I would assume Arch is picking them with the presumption that he is likely going to play immediately right? Or do you think Manning is gunna pick Bama with the idea he wont play?
And if they do get Arch and he plays, they just wasted money on Milroe and Simpson.
If you are getting a 5star QB, it's pretty reasonable to expect them to start within 2 years. But to have a 5star Qb waste away on the bench would be dumb and a complete waste of money - thats the point. The money could have been spent on ten+ legit starters. Now maybe this would actually work itself out because a 5star qb isn't going to sit on the bench for 3 years just cause of NIL - they'll try to play somewhere else, so that money would come off the books...

What I'm saying is we should spend all the money on the Qb that we are projecting to start. So after TVD/Garcia if this staff wants a starting QB, put up the $3-4m whatever it takes and just go get THE GUY. Outbid everyone for the guy you want to start for you immediately. Then in 2-3 more years when he is gone do the same thing. In between you can get developmental prospects like Jacurri Brown who aren't expensive and will potentially be able to start in 3 years if the other guy doesn't pan out...

like if you have a yearly budget of $4m on Qbs. It's best to just say **** it and spend the majority of it all on one guy, rather than evenly spread out. Because if you try to do it that way you will constantly miss out on the very top prospect.

I will trust the staff here, they have a track record in recruiting although QB is a weak point for MC. That all said, we don’t know what kind of money Rashada is demanding and in all reality while Garcia is a very nice piece he isn’t a sure fire prospect either. We need to get past the dark ages Miami thinking. We need to stack talent. If we get beat out for a top QB, that’s part of the game but let’s not rationalize here. It’s like when we signed Duke or any other stud, we used to act like that was enough. We need to prepare for not hitting evals and stack talent. We need to stack the trenches and QB. QB recruiting should always be of the highest priority.
I'm not saying we shouldn't try. I'm saying if it comes down to TOP DOLLAR, we should pass today. Next year is when we should go all out.

When the 5 star sweepstakes comes to an end, and it will soon, offers are going to pour in for this kid and he is going to shoot up the rankings. People shouldn't be confusing no stars to mean no talent with what it actually means, not yet rated.

A lot of good tools in his tape, I'm not upset at this offer at all, and suspect he ends up a top 300 4 star prospect.

Very short-sighted.

What’s short sited is spending say 1mil on Rashadas freshman season which will be spent on the bench when it could be spent on 2-3 blue chippers at DE, LB, CB or wherever-positions where they can contribute as freshmen and therefore be less likely to hit the portal. Does that mean we shouldn’t recruit Rashada? No. But he has a point.

Advertisement
Back