Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

I'm not arguing that the current system was the answer. I've been watching since the late 70's and the sport has really went downhill the moment they introduced the BCS and big money got involved. Like all things it touches money and greed corrupts. The SEC was the first to really dump large amounts of money into their programs, infrastructure, and under the table payments to athletes. Then other conferences started following suit. The NCAA really screwed the pooch standing still, altering rules, and not creating opportunities for athletes to make extra money to help maintain a level playing field. In addition, the NCAA also further screwed up the product by selectively enforcing infractions of breaking the rules and not investigating teams that were pretty obviously not following the rules.

However, as I mentioned previously the current state of the NIL is not the answer either.
The NCAA beclowned themselves by acting as the personal enforcement arm for Nick Saban and Les Miles. When multiple players post pictures on NSD of huge amounts of cash and there is not a peep from the NCAA, when players are paid on the field during the NC and we're told with a straight face that it was monopoly money, those are just examples of an unequal enforcement of rules designed to benefit a handful of teams.

Advertisement
I'm not arguing that the current system was the answer. I've been watching since the late 70's and the sport has really went downhill the moment they introduced the BCS and big money got involved. Like all things it touches money and greed corrupts. The SEC was the first to really dump large amounts of money into their programs, infrastructure, and under the table payments to athletes. Then other conferences started following suit. The NCAA really screwed the pooch standing still, altering rules, and not creating opportunities for athletes to make extra money to help maintain a level playing field. In addition, the NCAA also further screwed up the product by selectively enforcing infractions of breaking the rules and not investigating teams that were pretty obviously not following the rules.

However, as I mentioned previously the current state of the NIL is not the answer either.

It's not the answer but at least it's a disruptive force that gives Miami (paired with a new financial and institutional commitment that didn't previously exist) an opportunity to get back in the game. Change is coming and then it will be followed by more change. That's my perspective and I'll strap in and enjoy the ride while the getting is good. It can't get much worse than the past 15 years of hopelessness.

Picking now as the time to grieve about the state of college football just seems backwards to me. The well was poisoned long ago. Hopefully disruption can lead to a new water and sewer system that Miami can tap into.

Lot of good points. I also wonder how long a lot of these boosters are going to stay the course if their teams are not good or they realize a lot of players bust. Right now there is a lot of exuberance. You don't see Dr. Pepper running out to give another deal after what they thought was a sure-fire star flopped. And you haven't seen too many other national campaigns do that other than kitschy situations (i.e. Kool Aid with McKinstry and others like that). So you're already seeing the public companies with professional marketing departments and financial analysts pulling back less than a year in.

Using TN as the example for more local boosters. What if Heupel sucks at TN. What if they realize they messed up and put too much in one basket, and didn't have enough for the other 21 positions? How about when they have to do this year after year and guys are continually transferring or threatening to if they do not get more money? I think the next couple of seasons will be interesting as people think through how and whether and to what extent all of this makes sense. Of course our coach being related to one of our NIL boosters through marriage and having known another couple of massive sources since at least high school can't be a bad thing for us. But on a macro level, it does not seem or feel sustainable, but from a variety of sides.

Advertisement
I disagree.

Garcia is the starter in '23 most likely.

Then if he leaves it'll be an open competition between our '23 signee and Jacurri.

I don't know the other QB situations but I would hope that a guarantee to compete after sitting for one year would be a good enough situation for him. Do these guys really want to and expect to start and compete as true freshman in big time college football? That's a huge leap from any high school football.
Yeah we have 3 big time QBs And the setup looks good. TVD leaves, Garcia takes over, Brown takes over

𝔸 𝕓𝕚𝕘 𝕖𝕟𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙 𝕓𝕒𝕘 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕘𝕖𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕞 𝕥𝕠 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕪 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕤 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕗𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 𝕪𝕖𝕒𝕣 𝕠𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕕

@Andrew , any chance we can get an auto-correct function on wacky/annoying fonts?

-Rashada earned an invite to the Elite 11 Finals after his performance on Sunday and was also the Alpha Dog (Top Performer)
-Rashada's most recent visit was to LSU and the Tigers are definitely in the mix here. Plans to take an OV there
"I love the SEC and they have a lot to offer and I think I could accomplish some big things there for sure. I had a strong comfort level and I definitely felt at home there."

-
Rashada has taken just one official visit so far and that was to Ole Miss. Says they are still recruiting him despite taking a committment from Marcel Reed.
“They still want me and I still have a lot of interest for sure,” Rashada said. “I loved my visit and Lane Kiffin is a great offensive mind. That’s a great offense in place and again, I like the SEC a lot."

-
Rashada said he also plans to officially visit Oregon and Texas A&M.

“I love my relationship with the coaches at Oregon,” “I feel I can just be myself there and they have a lot of young, smart dudes on the staff. There’s a lot of football knowledge on the staff and Kenny Dillingham (OC) is my dude and I like him a lot."

-A
&M just entered the picture after offering a couple of weeks ago.
“They came in late but I still have strong interest there,”
“I like the SEC and I like where the program is going. They just had a great recruiting class last year and I think the future is really bright there. I’ve never been there before so my first time visiting will likely be for an official and I’m excited to get out there.”

-
Says Miami is still one of his top schools although he didn't mention an OV
“I had a good visit back in March and really like the coaching staff as well.
“I've known some of the coaches for awhile now, since they were talking to me at Oregon and I think it’s a pretty good playing situation for me as well."

Advertisement
A school like Miami can get a high ranked kid after they sit a year pretty easily with the way the portal works now. Not overly concerned one way or the other actually. The way the portal works, I’d rather my 5 stars see the field day 1 if possible.

Advertisement
I'm less concerned with a QB than I have been in a long time.

Sure, you always want one, but I would be completely fine with a developmental project this year.

Got two in the hand behind TVD. Say he splits, you've got two waiting.

I wouldn't be about spending big money at this point. Half of those 5 stars and 4 stars will transfer out next year or the year after. There's always going to be some big names with proven abilities wanting a shot their final year as well.

With the portal and NIL, the game has changed. By the time a QB from this class gets a shot, we're likely to have a new OC as well.

So unconcerned it isn't even funny.

Sure, you always want one, but I would be completely fine with a developmental project this year.

I wouldn't be about spending big money at this point. Half of those 5 stars and 4 stars will transfer out next year or the year after. There's always going to be some big names with proven abilities wanting a shot their final year as well.

With the portal and NIL, the game has changed. By the time a QB from this class gets a shot, we're likely to have a new OC as well.

Nah, we took a project last year. Jacurri is talented but not a sure thing like so many out here make him out to be.

Advertisement

While I like Jacurri, he's not a sure-thing. You do what every top school does and load up every year. USC has Caleb Williams for another two(?) years, 5* Nelson is committed for 2023, and lead for 2024 5* Raiola.

Advertisement
Back