Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Lol you would swear the money was coming from the porsters on CIS. If he can get a billion from Ruiz who gives af.

I can't speak for the others. It's not so much that the money is coming from me directly. However, that I'm not exactly sure of with State schools being funded some by the tax payers. For me the concern comes with health of the sport overall. If you think the uncontrolled spending for unproven high school kids that haven't set foot on campus is a smart move or good for the sport than I'm not sure we'll be able to come to common ground. It's great that Miami has the resources at the current time to possibly compete. What happens if those resources dry up? Would you be singing the same tune if we were one of the mid tier programs settling for left overs? This wild wild west approach to the NIL is not good for the game and out of control.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Football wise.

How is Rashada compared to other QBs in this class?

National Title/ 1st Round Pick Potential?

I'm not a coach or a scout, nor do I pretend to play one on the inter webs, but he's a top 5 QB in the composite, and a top 30 player overall. Most importantly, he's being recruited like a top guy, and clearly Mario, Gatis, and Ponce love him.

Here is a scouting report from an "expert." By expert, I mean a website writer who isn't qualified to coach girls JV HS football, but people listen to him anyway:

From a physical standpoint he has a frame and build that can add ample weight and strength. Checking in at verified 6-foot-3.5 half and weighing in at about 185lb pounds you see that he has the mold to add at least 20 pounds of muscle easily. As he matures and gets stronger it will benefit his durability, long-term ability and development.

Stands tall in the pocket with the mobility to avoid the rush and buy time to make plays under pressure. He has poise and does a nice job making plays off platform. Mechanically he has a smooth effortless throwing motion. He is able to get the ball out quickly generating power from his lower body to have the ball snap out of his hand. Does a good job changing speeds and adding touch on his throws when need be to either fit the pass into tight windows or to complete throws over defenders. Good ball placement on passes where only the receiver is able to make the play. I like his anticipation on his throws where you can see that he is throwing his receivers open and out of harm's way from the defense. As he continues to play, you should see growth in his ability to go through his progressions and understand pre-snap what coverage the defense is in so that he can get the ball out quicker than he already does.

That's what I was thinking.

Year 1: High Value (Signing 1)
Year 2: 3 star QB (Signing 2)
Year 3: 3 star QB (Signing 3)
Year 4: High Value (Signing 4)

In this case, you generally will have to start a high value freshman quarterback because you won't be able to build sustained, blue chip depth. If he is good, after year 3 he will be going to the NFL. So in Year 4 you start again, with likely one or two 3 star backups.
I'd likely alternate each year but I hear you.

Think the schools actually want to do that?
It might be a counter for a team that has less to spend in NIL, but can give the player security that he'll be there four years if he wants to be there.

Of course, the trap will be if they can somehow contractually lock the player into attending for four years.

Advertisement
I can't speak for the others. It's not so much that the money is coming from me directly. However, that I'm not exactly sure of with State schools being funded some by the tax payers. For me the concern comes with health of the sport overall. If you think the uncontrolled spending for unproven high school kids that haven't set foot on campus is a smart move or good for the sport than I'm not sure we'll be able to come to common ground. It's great that Miami has the resources at the current time to possibly compete. What happens if those resources dry up? Would you be singing the same tune if we were one of the mid tier programs settling for left overs? This wild wild west approach to the NIL is not good for the game and out of control.
So? As long as we do have a seat at the table, what's the point in whinging?

The game has always been controlled by a handful of haves. The membership in that "have" community changes every decade or so, but there are clear barriers to entry - and we hardly reach any of those barriers.

We are one of those mid-tier programs. That we were at all successful is a major outlier, based mainly (almost solely) on location. Since we won our first tile (it's a round # and it sort of starts the new "modern" post-integration era of college football) there have been 40 national championships. We have 5, SC has 2, ND and BYU have 1 each and GT has a half of one - every other championship has been won by a huge state-funded university. Every single championship since 2004 has been won by a huge state-funded university. That's not a coincidence. Money talks...

So? As long as we do have a seat at the table, what's the point in whinging?

The game has always been controlled by a handful of haves. The membership in that "have" community changes every decade or so, but there are clear barriers to entry - and we hardly reach any of those barriers.

We are one of those mid-tier programs. That we were at all successful is a major outlier, based mainly (almost solely) on location. Since we won our first tile (it's a round # and it sort of starts the new "modern" post-integration era of college football) there have been 40 national championships. We have 5, SC has 2, ND and BYU have 1 each and GT has a half of one - every other championship has been won by a huge state-funded university. Every single championship since 2004 has been won by a huge state-funded university. That's not a coincidence. Money talks...

So we ignore the issue because it's not effecting us currently? I'm sorry that just doesn't sound very intelligent. You are correct we are one of the mid-tier programs and that's the point I was trying to make in regards to our position being sustainable. I'd rather caution on the odds are it's not compared to the big money state-funded universities. The system has been broken for a long time and that's why you see the same d@mn teams at the top every year and the sport as a whole has become less appealing.

NCAA reimpose transfer restrictions to start. Regulation always follows whether it is NCAA, state legislature or Congress

Is this NCAA going to even exist in a couple years? I thought the ACC/BIG superconference was a way of telling the NCAA to GFY? Also, would that type of rule change even hold up in court at this point? I'm pretty sure the NCAA is a paper tiger.

I definitey could see legislation if the SEC schools (including TX and OU) start losing due to the new paradigm. But since that's not the case at this point at least, I don't see that happening any time soon.

Advertisement
Is this NCAA going to even exist in a couple years? I thought the ACC/BIG superconference was a way of telling the NCAA to GFY? Also, would that type of rule change even hold up in court at this point? I'm pretty sure the NCAA is a paper tiger.

I definitey could see legislation if the SEC schools (including TX and OU) start losing due to the new paradigm. But since that's not the case at this point at least, I don't see that happening any time soon.

I don't see how the Supreme Court ruling regarding NIL should have nothing to do with the NCAA's ability to re-impose some transfer regulations.

You set metrics that can be controlled and turned off if need be. You get the kid to agree to such things with the promise of potential and an up front sum. Kids will always bet on themselves. There can be a clause as simple as the collective can terminate the agreement at any time. You said, its not some far fetched possibility, and you are right but that can go both ways. Who are you betting on in contract negotiations in this nascent phase of CFB, the kids and their family lawyer or the collective?

Aren't agencies like Ariz at FRM getting involved on a "pro bono" basis to prevent this though? That's sleazy, too, since you know there's a quid pro quo even if it's not written explictly. But at least it's not some amateur dealing with the Ruiz' of the world. And those fat cats in Bama's and Urban's TOSU funds I'm sure are the smartest, slickest of them all.

I don't see how the Supreme Court ruling regarding NIL should have nothing to do with the NCAA's ability to re-impose some transfer regulations.

Yes, they're not connected. But didn't the NCAA relax the transfer rules to avoid further litigation? I'm pretty sure their backs were against the wall already.

Advertisement
Aren't agencies like Ariz at FRM getting involved on a "pro bono" basis to prevent this though? That's sleazy, too, since you know there's a quid pro quo even if it's not written explictly. But at least it's not some amateur dealing with the Ruiz' of the world. And those fat cats in Bama's and Urban's TOSU funds I'm sure are the smartest, slickest of them all.
At its foundation, it’s the free market working itself out. We are all speculating but in general I’m just pushing back at the speculation that these NILs are just 100% player biased.

Advertisement
So we ignore the issue because it's not effecting us currently? I'm sorry that just doesn't sound very intelligent. You are correct we are one of the mid-tier programs and that's the point I was trying to make in regards to our position being sustainable. I'd rather caution on the odds are it's not compared to the big money state-funded universities. The system has been broken for a long time and that's why you see the same d@mn teams at the top every year and the sport as a whole has become less appealing.
Let me try and grasp the argument - someone has to try and legislate "fairness" or, at the least, parity, into something that has been wantonly unfair for over a century?

How? Why? Who?

The issue, such that there is one, hasn't really changed since NIL/free transfer has begun. It's always been the same **** teams at the top (minus the few outliers I mentioned in my last post). Money is all that really matters. The teams that spend the most (on coaches, on recruiting, on facilities, on players) are going to win - sorry West Virginia and Texas Tech and... Nothing has changed (or will, imo).

I am just happy that, in addition to our happy circumstance w/r/t location, we now have a billionaire benefactor (or 3) that seem to be willing to help us spend on par with the diploma mills. That's not a bad thing.

I wonder if this will change how QB recruiting is done. Unless your bags are crazy can you reasonably try to recruit and pay blue chip guys every year?

I just can't imagine what it looks like for us to pay Rashada crazy money and then he gets beat out by Jacurri. That seems like bad allocation of funds if it's really a millie+ for qbs now.
I was thinking the same thing. This doesn't seem like the year to drop a Mil on a kid that is probably not going to play for next 2 years. Why not allocate those funds to pay kids in a position of need, then in a couple years drop a fat bag for a proven portal QB...

247 has him rated as a top 30 kid in the country so they equate that to a 1st round pick. As a prospect they rank him higher than Jake Garcia. He would be the highest ranked QB we've ever signed out of high school.
He’s significantly better than Garcia was coming out HS IMO.

It’s far ahead to project him as a 1st round draft pick, but he no doubt has elite arm talent.

Advertisement
Back