Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
247 just dropped an article for free on him.

The Miami piece

B0EC5510-6A11-44D9-96DD-EFC25A3D3030.jpeg

Mario knows how important top QB play is and will get the funds necessary if he pushes for a guy. Maybe Rashada has started to price himself out but my guess is if Mario really wants him, he will have a plan in place from an NIL perspective.

Advertisement
Guess the price went up, but question should we pay him the top dollar even with him probably having to sit probably two years or so until after Garcia leaves probably
Why does everyone keep insinuating these NIL are guaranteed and upfront? My understanding is what Malachi and Nico got were absurd but only a small amount was up front and guaranteed. The deal is a structure to make sure the kid gets paid if he delivers. You are a scrub, no millions.

Advertisement
You get the best arms in here. No matter what and no ifs, ands, or buts about it. You do not worry about what may happen down the line. You do not assume he will or will not be able to beat anyone out. Some of you all give up so easily. Kid is well aware of the QB room we have and is still interested. You go all out for this kid and worry about everything else after he signs. The market is the market and we are able to pay to play now, finally.
“I’d rather spend the money elsewhere”. Huh? whether you spend 2 Mil on one kid or 5 kids, it’s going to get spent and all these kids may bust. You might as well spend it on the one position that has the potential to elevate your teams play the most.

If some of ya’ll wish we were still broke and don’t wanna compete - just say that.

I’m confused. Why?
Do you feel that an unproven commodity is worth 20 times more than someone good that you have in your building? I understand that Garcia is relatively unproven as well, but he will have been in the system for a year, and in college for 2 years before this class steps on campus.

Are we really wanting to send the message to our existing high potential players that a highschool kid is worth 20 times more than they are?

How do you justify to the team that a high school recruit is worth 20 times more than a potential heisman candidate/potential first round pick in TVD?

Why does everyone keep insinuating these NIL are guaranteed and upfront? My understanding is what Malachi and Nico got were absurd but only a small amount was up front and guaranteed. The deal is a structure to make sure the kid gets paid if he delivers. You are a scrub, no millions.
I hope you are correct as an incentive laden deal is how NIL for recruits should be structured. This protects the existing locker room from a mutiny, and also protects the schools if the players are not as good as advertised, or have issues off the field.
This makes the most sense

Advertisement
Do you feel that an unproven commodity is worth 20 times someone good that you have in your building? I understand that Garcia is relatively unproven as well, but he will have been in the system for a year, and in college for 2 years before this class steps on campus.

Are we really wanting to send the message to our existing high potential players that a highschool kid is worth 20 times more than they are?

How do you justify to the team that a high school recruit is worth 20 times more than a potential heisman candidate/potential first round pick in TVD?

I hear you, I really do…but that’s not our job to figure out and the truth is that’s just the way the game is being played right now. If we want to get studs and compete for top classes, this type of stuff is necessary. Just the way it is.

So this kids going to get a million dollar NIL deal while we have TVD and Garcia on the roster with $50k deals..

Yeah, I don’t see this kid in on our roster next year.
Those are only "Public" deals. Barry Jackson reported this week that JUST Drew Rosenhaus had negotiated over 20 NIL deals for TVD alone that is worth well over 6 figures...

Great QB play can mask deficiencies…….see Burrow, Cam Newton whose teams weren’t complete but they willed them boys to some NCs.

I’m cool with buying a top QB each year

Advertisement
…and then when said guy next year wants crazy money, then what? Put it off for the guy the next year? This **** isn’t going to get any easier guys lol.
My post said make a run at a guy next year...

If we're gonna drop hundreds of thousands of dollars/millions on a guy, we should be strategic, since we probably don't have the funds to consistently land a top QB every cycle given how crazy the market reportedly is.

Since Garcia is taking over next year, we should space out our offers and maximize our value. Why pay a guy thousands and thousands of dollars to be a 3rd string QB next year? Offer a guy next year and let him come in and compete for the job against Jacurri. If he wins, we'll get 3 years of starting QB play in exchange for our hefty check. If he loses, he'll play backup for a year or two. Rinse, repeat.

Advertisement
Back