Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

A&M and the oil money is clearly the biggest threat here. No disrespect but I can’t understand why anyone would want move from Cali to Mississippi. I’ve got a brilliant idea, let’s go back in time 15 years lol

Advertisement
A&M and the oil money is clearly the biggest threat here. No disrespect but I can’t understand why anyone would want move from Cali to Mississippi. I’ve got a brilliant idea, let’s go back in time 15 years lol
Just remind Rashada that just a few months ago Lane was desperately trying to get out of Oxford to go where?

NIL is just stupid imo. What happened to the kid getting paid to add value to a non-on field football product? Endorsements of car dealerships, Dr, Pepper, etc. This has turned into a legal way to pay for play and is just ridiculous. I think that kids can take their eye off of the goal of getting to the league and will be going to what place negotiates the best NIL deal regardless if they are a good fit for the offense/team.

I will be interested to see the data about NIL deal size relative to draft position or even to NFL success. Others have pointed out that this is the hardest position to hit on and I would agree. There will be plenty of talented guys that slip through the cracks and end up backups or at random places that will be successful in the NFL but not get paid in college. And there will be plenty of Johnny Manzels that get caught up in the hype and burn out because they weren’t focused on their craft but on all of the noise and hype.l and money.

I like where we stand at the moment with the two guys that we have for the future. Once TVD moves on, we’ve got Garcia for a year or two depending upon how he does and how he is compensated for what he does in his year 1. We seemingly have a good back stop in Jacurri as well that will hopefully work on his craft and stick around as long as he is being fed and able to live a decent enough college lifestyle through NIL.

I think that these deals for top QB talents are going to hurt more than they help in that either a kid isn’t as good as they were evaluated to be and thus not worth the cost or they use the funds for things that get them in trouble or become mini ABs and cause trouble. This is going to back fire at some point and then it will be difficult to put the milk back in the cow. Face it, college football as we once knew it has been ruined and it will never be again. I just want to see annual top 10 performances by our Canes and an occasional championship.
They are adults. And the system was already corrupt.
NBA was laying players right out of high school and they only have to play one year.
Cfb is a minor league farm system with no player representation. The ncaa is more likely to look out for the school or schools they are in bed with (sec) than the player. A scholarship is only good for one year and has to be renewed. Again with no representation or arbitration.
Football players are literally risking their lives out there. The risk king term nagging injuries for exchange at a 4 year degree that isn’t guaranteed.
The vast majority of college football is playing for love of a sport and an education.

But the p5 schools get kids cause they want to go to the league and a lot of coaches in all of cfb also want to go to the league but they have contracts and agents. Kids get mom pop moe and Luke.
Imagine the nil deal AR82 would’ve had at least for 1 year.
Most sports like tennis and baseball pay elite talent at a young age while colleges have been making ridiculous money.
The old way of doing things is no longer the norm and actually hasn’t been the norm for years. It’s just been illegal while the rest of the world pays young athletes.
If you want to talk about hrs put in then take into account that a lot of these kids and families have put in time and money since some of these kids were 5. My daughter started gymnastics 2/12. The amount of time and money spent is not something I’m not looking to get back because I love my child and I’ll do it all over agian. But to see her be able to get some money for something she’s been working at since she was that young would be amazing,
I’m sure all the parents on here were happy when their child got a first job and cashed that check. Some of these kids put so much time in that they can’t work.

Look at how England deals with 17 year old soccer players that can make a ton of cash.

Look at tennis stars at 13

Last edited:
Advertisement
Jimbob "my wife smells like" fisher is as fraudulent of "Qb whisperer" that I have seen.

Oof if thats the move lol. If there's a year to overspend on a qb that we may or may not 'need' immediately, IMO I feel like it should be this year. Naturally there's gonna be a first year crooting bump with a new staff and all of the hype behind it, use all avenues of that to its full advantage. Elite prospects wanna play with elite QBs, sell that vision for 2023 and let em duke it out for the starting gig.

If this ones going to be an auction I dont think we land him. Not that we cant match, just that we wont. Too much talent already in place on the current roster. You throw the brinks at Rashada and you could cause some animosity and disruption there. Not sure its worth it

I would use the money to land some blue chip OL, DL guys then load up for big game QB chasing next year when there is some separation between classes and a real opportunity to get on the field a little faster.

If this ones going to be an auction I dont think we land him. Not that we cant match, just that we wont. Too much talent already in place on the current roster. You throw the brinks at Rashada and you could cause some animosity and disruption there. Not sure its worth it

I would use the money to land some blue chip OL, DL guys then load up for big game QB chasing next year when there is some separation between classes and a real opportunity to get on the field a little faster.
Makes sense all the guys behind TVD are proven so let's put all eggs in that basket. I like it.

Advertisement
I think it’s going to take a couple of years for the market to correct itself. A lot of these big money 5 star QBs will be busts.

Shoot most first round QBs are busts so imagine trying to project high school to college.
That's desperation by NFL teams. A lot of these kids like RG3, Johnny Manziel, Baker Mayfield, Jarred Goff, Carson Wentz, Mitchell Trubiski (wow) and so on should not have been first round picks.
Like this season, I don't think that any of the top QB's should go in the first round. Pickett, Malik Willis, Desmond Ridder, etc. Nah man.

Agree.... I would put all our NIL money into the other position 5star studs in this class... Go big next year for a QB....
We have two in our back yard; but we still need to get one this year. Maybe we should circle back on Mack Howard if Rashada and Moore go elsewhere?

Screenshot_20220422-104132_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
Guess the price went up, but question should we pay him the top dollar even with him probably having to sit probably two years or so until after Garcia leaves probably

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back