Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

There is legit interest but this is far from a done deal currently IMO. We pulled out all the stops yesterday including a few former players spending some time with him which was cool to see. A nugget I heard yesterday. Saban visited his high school and asked him to visit Tuscaloosa. That's a big deal to almost any kid and rightfully so. If Arch chooses Texas which is the current expectation we will have an uphill battle IMO. That being said we are willing to do a thing or two (all compliant lol) Bama isn't at this point for him so we will see if that outweighs the Saban effect. I can say firsthand the family really enjoyed themselves yesterday so let's see how the next few weeks unfold.
What about Holstein? Isn't he in the picture with Bama?

Advertisement
Honestly, without the threat of the FBI, money laundering, state lines, the IRS and so many other things, this is now completely off the rails. Couldn’t be happier or more excited for the kids and the university. Game on! No person should have to be afraid of getting what they earn.
While it may benefit some (aTm) more than others, it's a net positive for us. We have to opportunity to at least push back with an offer now. We will be able to retain certain recruits simply because we offer a bag, rather than the biggest. I'm ok with this so far.

Advertisement
Yes he is. But Bama is torn between him and Rashada currently so it's not clear what the situation is there. After the spring games a lot of things are going to clear up at a few positions.
Whats Bama looking like after Bryce Young and could that be a factor ? Probably similar to us huh? Also whats happening with the other recruits on the commit watch people were speaking of, or was that Robby? And a possible flip....

Advertisement
While it may benefit some (aTm) more than others, it's a net positive for us. We have to opportunity to at least push back with an offer now. We will be able to retain certain recruits simply because we offer a bag, rather than the biggest. I'm ok with this so far.
Ehhhhh, that suggests we never offered bags…

Whats Bama looking like after Bryce Young and could that be a factor ? Probably similar to us huh? Also whats happening with the other recruits on the commit watch people were speaking of, or was that Robby? And a possible flip....
I believe we will get a commit on the D side this weekend. Also as I've stated from mid April at the spring game through end of June is when we are going to see the floodgates open. The commit I was talking about still hasn't popped publicly. I wasn't aware the Washington brothers were going to commit that quickly. As far as a TE im not connected there either so I can't speak on that.

My guess:

Miami signs Jaden Rashada

Bama signs Eli Holstein or Dylan Lonergran

But it’s annoying how Bama has a high 4-star borderline 5-star QB right there in state just 45 minutes from campus in Birmingham in Chris Vizzina & they refuse to recruit their own hometown QB’s smh lol.

I believe we will get a commit on the D side this weekend. Also as I've stated from mid April at the spring game through end of June is when we are going to see the floodgates open. The commit I was talking about still hasn't popped publicly. I wasn't aware the Washington brothers were going to commit that quickly. As far as a TE im not connected there either so I can't speak on that.
With our History with TEs...I wouldn't be too worried about that position. Thanks for your info....Greatly appreciated....

Advertisement
My guess:

But it’s annoying how Bama has a high 4-star borderline 5-star QB right there in state just 45 minutes from campus in Birmingham in Chris Vizzina & they refuse to recruit their own hometown QB’s smh lol.
Imagine Miami ghosting a high 4-star from down here at that position.

My guess:

That's my thinking right now, too . Vizzina is Interesting. That's Dabo's guy. They are sweating it out right now

There is legit interest but this is far from a done deal currently IMO. We pulled out all the stops yesterday including a few former players spending some time with him which was cool to see. A nugget I heard yesterday. Saban visited his high school and asked him to visit Tuscaloosa. That's a big deal to almost any kid and rightfully so. If Arch chooses Texas which is the current expectation we will have an uphill battle IMO. That being said we are willing to do a thing or two (all compliant lol) Bama isn't at this point for him so we will see if that outweighs the Saban effect. I can say firsthand the family really enjoyed themselves yesterday so let's see how the next few weeks unfold.
I got a full blown update a few days ago on every position were recruiting. I have a nugget to add on to this.

The staff feels good about Rashada. But everyone should keep in mind, the staff is pushing for him to publicly commit hard and be the face of the class. So, until its public, its not done. This isn't a scenario like a few players who are wrapped up but holding off for the spring game.

Advertisement
Is there a recoup clause in another sport or any other walk of life for that matter if someone underperforms at their job?

Did Albert Haynesworth have to give back the $100mill he got from the Redskins because he sucked?
Did Chandler Parson have to give back the $94mill he got from the Grizzlies because he sucked?
They were paid by a sports organization. For sports. This is outside organizations paying unproven sports kids.

Exactly, just knowing that we can bid with the big boys is a good start. We will end up with a good QB prospect regardless.

I disagree. These collectives are not worried about ROI. They were doing it under the table for recruits before and now they can do it legally. Before the school had to limit their money to boosters they trust to keep their mouth shut. Now that they don't have to worry about that, the flood gates are open and the money is pouring in.
That’s why I called it a toy. I have a feeling it’s wasn’t as much money under the table that’s being reporting now.

Maybe 100k max? Now 700k?

I wonder if the school has any say in this. Pay this kid. We want him.

Advertisement
Back