Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

1. Malachi Nelson
2. Jackson Arnold
3. Jaden Rashada
4. Nico Iamaleava
5. Jake Strong

Given the earlier tweet from Odoi about Rashada interest in UM when he was younger, do you think Mario has a chance here or is this a pipedream?

Advertisement
Given the earlier tweet from Odoi about Rashada interest in UM when he was younger, do you think Mario has a chance here or is this a pipedream?
Why would it be a pipe dream if he seemingly said he’s been a fan of Miami since he was a kid?

Of course we have a shot, it’s just a matter of who Mario & the offense wants the most amongst the QB’s they’re after.

Ugh don't fall for the trap guys. This is clearly Jarren Williams trying to give college another shot. Do not want.

jarren.jpg
jaden.jpeg

Advertisement
Why would it be a pipe dream if he seemingly said he’s been a fan of Miami since he was a kid?

Of course we have a shot, it’s just a matter of who Mario & the offense wants the most amongst the QB’s they’re after.
After so many years of inept recruiting and seeing kids say we were they're dream offer and they never really consider us, it's going to take me a while to get used to things being different on the recruiting front. Manny's ineptitude almost broke me.

After so many years of inept recruiting and seeing kids say we were they're dream offer and they never really consider us, it's going to take me a while to get used to things being different on the recruiting front. Manny's ineptitude almost broke me.
Work getting attention, I see that stuff and just let it go by.
Be my dream school offering me a full ride , the second the offer finished coming out of coaches mouth COMMITMENT oh we’re do I sign.

When a dream comes true that’s what you do , anything else a waste and. BLSH BLAH BLAH.

If a kid said that to me as a a coach I want commitment NOW or I’d say it not a forever offer it’s just an offer we both can back out of .

GOCANES

Advertisement
I don't know who evaluated Mac Jones but that was a great evaluation.
Maybe Bama took him for depth since they already had little Tua and got lucky.
But still the 29th ranked QB coming out of HS ended up being the best one of all.
He wasnt a find per se he was a high ranking prospect that typically was taken for depth and transferred out...but stayed because he desperatelyw anted to be at Bama.

They have taken guys like him b4 they usually transfer out by year 3 and start at a g5 somewhere.

I keep glossing over it because it is basically a non point. The mental gymnastics to avoid giving any credit is amazing. No **** they have run college football, and one of the benefits of that is they can take whoever they want. Incidentally, the ones they have chosen seem to keep playing for titles, and making it to the next level.

You seem to love ignoring context. Of course they didn't start the true freshman over the returning starter that went 11-1 regular season the year before and lost the MNC in OT. And part of the situation to evaluate is the fan base and boosters, remember part of the reason for fields getting transfer without sitting a year? And of course, the hypotheticals - "what if xyz" well they were hurt, and now walk on is a legend in Georgia. It is what it is, it isn't what it might have been.

But but but, he is a defense guy, surely if you aren't giving him credit for QB decisions (reasonable), you aren't holding that against him when it goes the other way, like on the back of a medical determination for example?
Again we are talking about QB EVALS.
If your cool with it i will give themc redit for offering the top 15 5 star qbs yearly and have them duke it out for their roster spot. COOL I got it. Then pairing them with 5 star wrs and 5 star rbs behind a wall of atleast a first rd ol every year. There is a reasonw hen the talent level becomes closer to parity...well they look ...not so good.

I dont know it sjust wierd to me to hype up qb evals on defensive coaches. Like i stated...You had numerous other coaches to run to...and you ran with two coaches that dont coach the **** position lol or even offense.

I already stated if it was a defensive postion it would hold a sh*t ton more weight FOR ME.

- Im not going to much longer on a cane board caping for Kirby Smart n why he couldnt get over the hump. You seem to be a closeted sec fan so you can roll with that. No amtter how you slice it Justin Fields was/is a better qb than Jake Fromm and was so in high school as well as college.

Again we are talking about QB EVALS.
If your cool with it i will give themc redit for offering the top 15 5 star qbs yearly and have them duke it out for their roster spot. COOL I got it. Then pairing them with 5 star wrs and 5 star rbs behind a wall of atleast a first rd ol every year. There is a reasonw hen the talent level becomes closer to parity...well they look ...not so good.

I dont know it sjust wierd to me to hype up qb evals on defensive coaches. Like i stated...You had numerous other coaches to run to...and you ran with two coaches that dont coach the **** position lol or even offense.

I already stated if it was a defensive postion it would hold a sh*t ton more weight FOR ME.

- Im not going to much longer on a cane board caping for Kirby Smart n why he couldnt get over the hump. You seem to be a closeted sec fan so you can roll with that. No amtter how you slice it Justin Fields was/is a better qb than Jake Fromm and was so in high school as well as college.
Rather than make up arguments I never made and try to insult, you could just walk away from this also. It is ok.

He picked Culpepper over Brees

That’s not the story; he wanted Brees & Mgmt wanted Culpepper. That was the fall out between him & Miami; shortly thereafter he bounced.

Advertisement
Rather than make up arguments I never made and try to insult, you could just walk away from this also. It is ok.
I just respond directly to stuff you said.

Its no beef was just discussion.

Nice dog byt he way.

Where out west are you?.

That’s not the story; he wanted Brees & Mgmt wanted Culpepper. That was the fall out between him & Miami; shortly thereafter he bounced.

Rell i dont think you read the FULL article.

Also Saban lies alot.

He left because his sh*t wasnt working with adults and the real players were disrespecting him and werent taking him seriously. If he REALLY wanted Brees he couldve had him.
The NFL game isnt/wasnt for Saban liking of full control/worshipping, etc. That being said had he stuck it through he wouldve been a solid NFL coach. But flying and landing in helicopters or top dogging 17 year olds are a lot different than dealing with men that make more than you and tell you to go f yourself (Junior Seau) lol

Advertisement
Scott Covington, Gino, Ken Dorsey , Brad Kaaya and Kyle Wright were all Cali QBs who came to the Canes. Pretty good group.

Marc Guillon likes this.

Also Saban lies alot.

He left because his sh*t wasnt working with adults and the real players were disrespecting him and werent taking him seriously. If he REALLY wanted Brees he couldve had him.
The NFL game isnt/wasnt for Saban liking of full control/worshipping, etc. That being said had he stuck it through he wouldve been a solid NFL coach. But flying and landing in helicopters or top dogging 17 year olds are a lot different than dealing with men that make more than you and tell you to go f yourself (Junior Seau) lol

I think it was a combo of things - dealing with pros was wildly different but I think the last straw for him was the culpepper deal. IIRC, Brees was not medically cleared and Saban STILL wanted him and Huizenga and crew told him no.

Also Saban lies alot.

Oh no doubt, agreed. It’s also why Meyers was an Uber failure. It’s a different set of communication skills that’s needed talking to kids vs grown men who make more than u.

Anyone have the Rivals article that was just posted on him? Says he has a busy spring….is a visit to UM in the plans?
TIA

Advertisement
Back