Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

I like Novosad a lot too, he’s in my top 10, but I put Jake Strong ahead of him because Strong has a M82 for an arm & he’s rushed for over 1400yds his Sophomore & Junior seasons. So, you give that kid to a guru like Zach Kittley & you have a potential Heisman candidate with astronomical numbers he’s gonna put up.
Where do you have the Detroit kid, Moore?

Advertisement
I like Novosad a lot too, he’s in my top 10, but I put Jake Strong ahead of him because Strong has a M82 for an arm & he’s rushed for over 1400yds his Sophomore & Junior seasons. So, you give that kid to a guru like Zach Kittley & you have a potential Heisman candidate with astronomical numbers he’s gonna put up.
Ah yeah.. from that perspective I would have to agree on strong. He’s got the chance to be 1 or 2 on your list

I watched the highlights. I see a guy with decent size and good enough athleticism, a quick release and good accuracy. I don't really buy that Kirby and Saban are chasing the inevitable attention a manning qb is going to take away from the team without thinking he is good. I can understand preferring a stronger arm or more scrambling ability, but I think he is getting knocked for his name not for his game. I am not an expert by any means, there just may be people on both sides - over rating because of the name, and hating because of the name. Totally fine to not like the skill set.
Considering Kirby and Saban arent that good at evaluating QBs, I wouldn't just rest on their evals

What is it about California that produces so many top HS QBs every year.
Three of the top five and four of the the top ten are clfrom Cal.
7 on 7 culture. Qb private training from an early age.
They invented the 7 on 7 culture.
Their qbs will camp everywhere from an early age...so they have exposure. More exposure..higher rankings to the website scouts that you are throwing in front of

For example most s.fla QBs QBs unless the camp is local they arent really performing

Advertisement
Considering Kirby and Saban arent that good at evaluating QBs, I wouldn't just rest on their evals
weird, I thought a saban qb won a heisman recently, and kirby had one he recruited that transferred taken 11th in the most recent draft, and the other from that era is currently getting paychecks from the giants? What ****** evals.

Last edited:
weird, I thought a saban qb won a heisman recently, and kirby had one he recruited that transferred taken 11th in the most recent draft. What ****** evals.
Yes very sh-tty considering ..the kid transferred..and kirby had a dude that should be at foot locker starting in front of him. He also has a walk on currently starting at qb...and won the mnc due to the other teams injuries and him having to field an unreal amount of defensive talent.

Kirby is in ga a state loaded with qb talent and still doesnt choose correctly.

Saban isnt much different. They are the top dog school in the nation.. they arent evaluating sh-t..they are offering the top 5 star qbs and those are jumping in the boat..it doesnt work out they process that 5 star qb with another next class...and b4 he got nfl level ocs they were starting rbs at QB and winning lol. Check his qb history everywhere..boy trophy qb was Rohan Davey. Lol. Matt Mauk or whatever his name.

Yes very sh-tty considering ..the kid transferred..and kirby had a dude that should be at foot locker starting in front of him. He also has a walk on currently starting at qb...and won the mnc due to the other teams injuries and him having to field an unreal amount of defensive talent.

Saban isnt much different. They are the top dog school in the nation.. they arent evaluating sh-t..they are offering the top 5 star qbs and those are jumping in the boat..it doesnt work out they process that 5 star qb with another next class...and b4 he got nfl level ocs they were starting rbs at QB and winning lol. Check his qb history everywhere..boy trophy qb was Rohan Davey. Lol. Matt Mauk or whatever his name.
Weird, footlocker guy was drafted and is still getting paid in the NFL. Seems like both Kirby and NFL scouts disagree with your eval on Fromm.

hmm, before bryce young i feel like their starter is now on an nfl roster. And actually the one before him too. actually i think jalen hurts is getting checks also. So he has a hiesman winner and three consecutive quarterbacks getting paid in the league. What a trash evaluator.

hmm, before bryce young i feel like their starter is now on an nfl roster. And actually the one before him too. actually i think jalen hurts is getting checks also. So he has a hiesman winner and three consecutive quarterbacks getting paid in the league. What a trash evaluator.
Yea he is stinking it up on my dolphins currently. Barely can throw it over 20yds currently.
Hurts doing the same in Philly. Hurts was one the rbs he had playing qb there...had he not transferred out of there and went to a real qb coach n offense he would t have been collecting nfl checks as a qb.

Again..they are at the mountain top of college football..5 star QBs are begging them to commit to them. They aren't evaluating sh-t.
I see you stayed away from Kirby on that post to though..smart move.
Want to impress me show me a qb they were one of the first 5 to offer that blows up

Mac Jones was a solid find/eval though. But he was another one that desperately wanted to go to Bama. Typically he would of been at a UF.

Advertisement
Yea he is stinking it up on my dolphins currently. Barely can throw it over 20yds currently.
Hurts doing the same in Philly. Hurts was one the rbs he had playing qb there...had he not transferred out of there and went to a real qb coach n offense he would t have been collecting nfl checks as a qb.

Again..they are at the mountain top of college football..5 star QBs are begging them to commit to them. They aren't evaluating sh-t.
Want to impress me show me a qb they were one of the first 5 to offer that blows up

Mac Jones was a solid find/eval though. But he was another one that desperately wanted to go to Bama. Typically he would of been at a UF.
I didn't stay away from Kirby, read again.

This position that these two schools can't evaluate because they get 5 star recruits wanting to go there is insane. And when it happens that one who is rated lower steps up and goes 65% and 2/0 in the national championship game no credit, its actually a knock on the staff for putting someone in that can get the job done. If you don't want to give teams eval credit because they don't have to, that is fine. Doesn't mean they can't and suggesting it is stupid when Saban's last three starters are in the nfl and the current one is a heisman winner.

So how afraid are you of Mario leading the QB recruiting since all he could muster in year 3/4 was a running back playing QB and 4 star kids who couldn't find the field last season that surely must have been bad evals?

Last edited:
Man QB is pretty loaded this year, add to the fact USC already has Malachi and 2 of our top 4 options are from Cali and a 3rd is from Georgia.

Anyone involved with Manning is going to wait til his commitment, we are obviously not in it which might make it a better sell for us when we tell someone “you’re our #1 guy we want.” If anyone else says that to any of these other top QBs that are involved with Manning they know they’re blowing smoke.

Land a big fish and let the iron sharpen the iron in the QB room.

Last edited:

Mac Jones was a solid find/eval though. But he was another one that desperately wanted to go to Bama. Typically he would of been at a U
I didn't stay away from Kirby, read again.

This position that these two schools can't evaluate because they get 5 star recruits wanting to go there is insane. And when it happens that one who is rated lower steps up and goes 65% and 2/0 in the national championship game no credit, its actually a knock on the staff for putting someone in that can get the job done. If you don't want to give teams eval credit because they don't have to, that is fine. Doesn't mean they can't and suggesting it is stupid when Saban's last three starters are in the nfl and the current one is a heisman winner.

So how afraid are you of Mario leading the QB recruiting since all he could muster in year 3/4 was a running back playing QB and 4 star kids who couldn't find the field last season that surely must have been bad evals?
Kirby Smart and Nick Saban are defensive coaches. They arent evaluating ****, if it was up to the both of them they would roll out a walk on at qb..wait one of them already does. They want to win running the ball and their defense being catalyst. Saban changed a bit..due to Lane Kiffin and the fact he has trouble with spread offenses himself. It took him years to just leave the offense alone and let those high level coaches run it. If he didnt they would likely have mid at qb..instead of what they are currently getting. Who would've thought he would be starting a 6'0 175_180pd qb right now..**** two of them of u include tua

As far as NFL talent when it comes to the qb..its already showing...and will continue to show that there guys bama though get drafted are a tad bit overrated because of what's around them. Again I'm a dolphins fan and I'm already one step off the tua bandwagon and he likely is the best qb they had in awhile at bama imo.

As far as Mario Cristobal..check my post history..I didnt even want him. I wanted Lane Kiffin..for the same exact reason you just posted lol. I was afraid of his qb evals am offense philosophy.

Mac Jones was a solid find/eval though. But he was another one that desperately wanted to go to Bama. Typically he would of been at a U

Kirby Smart and Nick Saban are defensive coaches. They arent evaluating ****, if it was up to the both of them they would roll out a walk on at qb..wait one of them already does. They want to win running the ball and their defense being catalyst. Saban changed a bit..due to Lane Kiffin and the fact he has trouble with spread offenses himself. It took him years to just leave the offense alone and let those high level coaches run it. If he didnt they would likely have mid at qb..instead of what they are currently getting. Who would've thought he would be starting a 6'0 175_180pd qb right now..**** two of them of u include tua

As far as NFL talent when it comes to the qb..its already showing...and will continue to show that there guys bama though get drafted are a tad bit overrated because of what's around them. Again I'm a dolphins fan and I'm already one step off the tua bandwagon and he likely is the best qb they had in awhile at bama imo.

As far as Mario Cristobal..check my post history..I didnt even want him. I wanted Lane Kiffin..for the same exact reason you just posted lol. I was afraid of his qb evals am offense philosophy.
So the defensive guys don't have to eval quarterbacks, fine with that take.

So why would i need to stay away from their evals, if they aren't the one evaluating quarterbacks, which was the whole premise of this? Why even make the statement not to trust their evals if they aren't the ones doing it? If I had said "Bama and Georgia", instead of the leaders of the programs it would have been fine and we'd have never had this discussion?

Advertisement
So the defensive guys don't have to eval quarterbacks, fine with that take.

So why would i need to stay away from their evals, if they aren't the one evaluating quarterbacks, which was the whole premise of this? Why even make the statement not to trust their evals if they aren't the ones doing it? If I had said "Bama and Georgia", instead of the leaders of the programs it would have been fine and we'd have never had this discussion?
Again you keep glossing over the fact that they (bama mostly) have ran college football for a while.
Alot of yall tend to do it to. Hype up Bama about their supposed evals, development etc..but the truth is they are offering **** near all the 5 star recruits. They offer routinely double the amount of players that we do.

You saying it like they are creme de la creme in qb evals is my point. I mean sh-t you could have ****rode in conference and gone Dabo Swinney who is better than either of those two or even gone with Jimbo Fisher. If you stated guys they were after as Dbs or even Lb I might say **** yeah..Bama offer eval means something.

We having this discussion because it's a message board, and the fact that I'm in the boarding area of the airport waiting on a flight and you got me through this flight delay.

But I think this qb discussion spilled over because of arch manning. I'm also in agreement with @canepb. I mean he is a Manning he automatically will have every sec school offering just on gp. We won't be in the sweepstakes so I could care less. Land a nice 4 star qb this class and our qb room will be pretty set, considering what we likely land in 2024.

Weird, footlocker guy was drafted and is still getting paid in the NFL. Seems like both Kirby and NFL scouts disagree with your eval on Fromm.

You know who also is.. PJ ****** Walker and Tyler Heineke. What's your point?.

He started footlocker guy over a better qb because be didnt know how to properly evaluate the situation..and had he not won the mnc this year would have been on the hot seat for doing it again and starting a walk on qb. He has to be thanking baby jesus those 2 bama wrs were out because his defense couldn't stop them and his walk on qb wouldn't have been able to throw to have them win the game

Advertisement

He picked Culpepper over Brees

Again you keep glossing over the fact that they (bama mostly) have ran college football for a while.
Alot of yall tend to do it to. Hype up Bama about their supposed evals, development etc..but the truth is they are offering **** near all the 5 star recruits. They offer routinely double the amount of players that we do.

You saying it like they are creme de la creme in qb evals is my point. I mean sh-t you could have ****rode in conference and gone Dabo Swinney who is better than either of those two or even gone with Jimbo Fisher. If you stated guys they were after as Dbs or even Lb I might say **** yeah..Bama offer eval means something.

We having this discussion because it's a message board, and the fact that I'm in the boarding area of the airport waiting on a flight and you got me through this flight delay.

But I think this qb discussion spilled over because of arch manning. I'm also in agreement with @canepb. I mean he is a Manning he automatically will have every sec school offering just on gp. We won't be in the sweepstakes so I could care less. Land a nice 4 star qb this class and our qb room will be pretty set, considering what we likely land in 2024.
I keep glossing over it because it is basically a non point. The mental gymnastics to avoid giving any credit is amazing. No **** they have run college football, and one of the benefits of that is they can take whoever they want. Incidentally, the ones they have chosen seem to keep playing for titles, and making it to the next level.
You know who also is.. PJ ****** Walker and Tyler Heineke. What's your point?.

He started footlocker guy over a better qb because be didnt know how to properly evaluate the situation..and had he not won the mnc this year would have been on the hot seat for doing it again and starting a walk on qb. He has to be thanking baby jesus those 2 bama wrs were out because his defense couldn't stop them and his walk on qb wouldn't have been able to throw to have them win the game
You seem to love ignoring context. Of course they didn't start the true freshman over the returning starter that went 11-1 regular season the year before and lost the MNC in OT. And part of the situation to evaluate is the fan base and boosters, remember part of the reason for fields getting transfer without sitting a year? And of course, the hypotheticals - "what if xyz" well they were hurt, and now walk on is a legend in Georgia. It is what it is, it isn't what it might have been.
Totally forgot that 1. I was a kid in high school an was mad as **** even then.
But but but, he is a defense guy, surely if you aren't giving him credit for QB decisions (reasonable), you aren't holding that against him when it goes the other way, like on the back of a medical determination for example?

Advertisement
Back