QB D'Eriq King has been the nation's best dual-threat in 2020

There are 2 things about King that I would like to see going forward. First I would like to see him keep a bit more on the zone read stuff and secondly when we run designed QB runs I would like to see him drop back a bit or plant his feet like he is scanning the field to pass. This way it makes the defenders commit themselves to something allowing King to find bigger opening and potential running lanes. In other words more designed QB draws as opposed to a QB run where King immediately shows his intention to run. Nitpicky I know but I know that we could use King much more effectively in the run ning game if we committed to doing so. Just a thought.

Edit: To add, I thing we could use jet sweeps, tosses, reverses, double reverses and just more misdirection in general in the running game. I think it could be very effective especially based on what we have established as our tendencies thus far this season.

Malik was so good at selling pass on designed QB runs. If King could do that he would break a few long ones.

Advertisement
Malik was so good at selling pass on designed QB runs. If King could do that he would break a few long ones.
Yes I believe he could. However if the staff is trying to protect King by not unnecessarily exposing him to hard hits then I'm ok with that. Just win baby!

Advertisement
Back