QB Decision

Does anyone else think Manny/Lashlee will **** up the QB situation? Pick one and go. To me, TVD is the guy considering our OL trouble. TYD gets rid of the ball quickly which is necessary. Plus, Smith and/or Restrepo in the slot should be an easy 5yrds or is that not part of Jedi Lashlee's super-duper offense? I think TVD is gonna take what is given to him. We need this to move the chains, build confidence and keep our defense off the field and well-rested. I have harped on this for years. First downs eventually lead to TD's.

Go Canes?
I’d probably go with Van dyke and have king ready if need be for UNC..there’s a chance Tyler can leave the coaches no choice but to start him going forward if he has a great game Thursday

Advertisement
I'm not reading this...agree to disagree Mr. Garcia. Good luck to your boy.

Go Canes?

I literally said TVD will start, but the last thing I'd expect on this board is a rational discussion, so "Me no likey what you said and me not going to read hmph!" is about par for the course.

Whoever they decide to roll with, and my guess is TVD, they can't pull him at the first sign of trouble. Quickest way to ruin a young QB is to bench him after making a mistake or two. They'll be operating behind a really bad OL and probably won't be able to lean on the run game.

I'm not suggesting it's ride or die with one or the other, but we're going to take some lumps with a freshman QB one way or another. Unless the chosen starter completely ***** the bed, you roll with him and let him develop and build confidence.
Good news, UVA hasn’t been generating any pass rush and hasn’t stopped the run

I literally said TVD will start, but the last thing I'd expect on this board is a rational discussion, so "Me no likey what you said and me not going to read hmph!" is about par for the course.
Who starts has nothing to do with my point. The point was manny is gonna go all amateur hour and yank a guy after 2-3series or even worse to avoid having to make a hard decision rotates two young guys, which NEVER works. JESUS ******* CHRIST. The only thing I'm taking away from this back and forth is that you overpaid for your education.

Go Canes?

Advertisement
Who starts has nothing to do with my point. The point was manny is gonna go all amateur hour and yank a guy after 2-3series or even worse to avoid having to make a hard decision rotates two young guys, which NEVER works. JESUS ******* CHRIST. The only thing I'm taking away from this back and forth is that you overpaid for your education.

Go Canes?

Did you read the part where I said Emory Jones and Anthony Richardson, both first time starters, rotated on a schedule and put up over 500 yards of offense on 2 teams about as good as UVA on defense? We ignored that, I suppose. But then again, it NEVER works. So I probably imagined that, and the multitude of other situations in which it works just fine until you settle on your guy.

Did you read the part where I said Emory Jones and Anthony Richardson, both first time starters, rotated on a schedule and put up over 500 yards of offense on 2 teams about as good as UVA on defense? We ignored that, I suppose. But then again, it NEVER works. So I probably imagined that, and the multitude of other situations in which it works just fine until you settle on your guy.
and Noah Eccles & Doug Johnson won the gator a lot of games. Go cheer for them.

Go Canes?

and Noah Eccles & Doug Johnson won the gator a lot of games. Go cheer for them.

Go Canes?

But you said it NEVER works. I pointed out a situation, no more than 2 weeks ago, where it did. Are you familiar with the term "never"? Seems like you spend a lot of time reading the dictionary judging from what you sent me earlier, so I'm sure you've seen this, but in case you haven't made it to this page yet, here you go:

never
[ˈnevər]

ADVERB
  1. at no time in the past or future; on no occasion; not ever.
    "they had never been camping in their lives" ·
    [more]
    synonyms:
    at no time · not at any time · not ever · not once · on no occasion · ne'er
  2. not at all.
    "he never turned up"
    synonyms:
    not at all · certainly not · not for a moment · not under/in any circumstances · under/in no circumstances · on no account

By the way, his name was Noah Brindise. Nobody knows what a Noah Eccles is.

But you said it NEVER works. I pointed out a situation, no more than 2 weeks ago, where it did. Are you familiar with the term "never"? Seems like you spend a lot of time reading the dictionary judging from what you sent me earlier, so I'm sure you've seen this, but in case you haven't made it to this page yet, here you go:

never
[ˈnevər]

ADVERB
  1. at no time in the past or future; on no occasion; not ever.
    "they had never been camping in their lives" ·
    [more]
    synonyms:
    at no time · not at any time · not ever · not once · on no occasion · ne'er
  2. not at all.
    "he never turned up"
    synonyms:
    not at all · certainly not · not for a moment · not under/in any circumstances · under/in no circumstances · on no account
and I'll stick to it never works. We'll see how your gator finishes the season. Everyone loves 4th place.

Go Canes?

Advertisement
and I'll stick to it never works. We'll see how your gator finishes the season. Everyone loves 4th place.

Go Canes?

giphy.gif

I think picking one and going based off of a single game against completely and totally inferior competition would qualify as messing up the decision. I seem to remember due diligence being called for in hiring a coach. Can the same not apply to finding a QB of the future?

I think picking one and going based off of a single game against completely and totally inferior competition would qualify as messing up the decision. I seem to remember due diligence being called for in hiring a coach. Can the same not apply to finding a QB of the future?
Do not care which one wins. Would like to see them both in several games before deciding on either of them as the starter going forward

Advertisement
Does anyone else think Manny/Lashlee will **** up the QB situation? Pick one and go. To me, TVD is the guy considering our OL trouble. TYD gets rid of the ball quickly which is necessary. Plus, Smith and/or Restrepo in the slot should be an easy 5yrds or is that not part of Jedi Lashlee's super-duper offense? I think TVD is gonna take what is given to him. We need this to move the chains, build confidence and keep our defense off the field and well-rested. I have harped on this for years. First downs eventually lead to TD's.

Go Canes?
OP - Vs Michigan State, their DBs were playing 10 yards off & Lashlee had the 5 yard game all day. Did you see him adjust & take what the defense gave him? No!!!!

So what makes you think they will adjust this game? They haven’t adjusted in 2 years.

OP - Vs Michigan State, their DBs were playing 10 yards off & Lashlee had the 5 yard game all day. Did you see him adjust & take what the defense gave him? No!!!!

So what makes you think they will adjust this game? They haven’t adjusted in 2 years.
They were taking that all day until King's shoulder was shot and he started bouncing them to WR's. There was a play early where King had Harris wide open underneath coverage and held the ball looking downfield - sack - behind schedule with a suspect(being kind) OL.. That is a recipe for disaster. We need a kid to grow into the position and getting the ball out quickly should be of utmost importance. TVD seems more apt to do that, but I don't give a rat's furry *** which one it is as long as we stop with the stank *** offense. Again, MOVE THE ******* CHAINS!

Go Canes?

Advertisement
They were taking that all day until King's shoulder was shot and he started bouncing them to WR's. There was a play early where King had Harris wide open underneath coverage and held the ball looking downfield - sack - behind schedule with a suspect(being kind) OL.. That is a recipe for disaster. We need a kid to grow into the position and getting the ball out quickly should be of utmost importance. TVD seems more apt to do that, but I don't give a rat's furry *** which one it is as long as we stop with the stank *** offense. Again, MOVE THE ******* CHAINS!

Go Canes?
There was also a wide open tight end (Mallory would’ve probably dropped it) uncovered and they ran the ball up the middle for 1 yard. Many others. It’s not all on King. He has some fault but the Fvvvking coach on the sideline when they do the “look at me” review should change the call instead of running 1,000 mph tempo. The coaching sucks!!!

There was also a wide open tight end (Mallory would’ve probably dropped it) uncovered and they ran the ball up the middle for 1 yard. Many others. It’s not all on King. He has some fault but the Fvvvking coach on the sideline when they do the “look at me” review should change the call instead of running 1,000 mph tempo. The coaching sucks!!!
I don't disagree. I think Lashlee is highly overrated. Never once have I said he will be gone and a head coach in 2yrs.

Go Canes?

I can care less about the qb decision. But has anyone seen where Bennie Blades has requested a meeting with the president and ad soon?

Advertisement
Back