QB Decision

After watching the film breakdown both guys are already executing the reads better then King. If we have an offensive explosion tomorrow king might be done.

Advertisement
After watching the film breakdown both guys are already executing the reads better then King. If we have an offensive explosion tomorrow king might be done.
He wouldn’t be. That would be an extreme overreaction considering who the offensive explosion would be against. In fact if we don’t explode against Virginia we have bigger problems than we thought. They’re that bad on that side

He wouldn’t be. That would be an extreme overreaction considering who the offensive explosion would be against. In fact if we don’t explode against Virginia we have bigger problems than we thought. They’re that bad on that side

Correct. Matocha should be able to put up 400 yards on these dudes. They’re awful.

I’m not underestimating UVA. Do we ever blow them out? For me it’s less about the opponent and more about making the right reads. King has not been doing it with the consistency you expect from a super senior.

Advertisement
Depends who we are facing. If we can maintain pocket (we should vs UVA), TVD.

If we need to move to RPO, Garcia.

I like both their games and that they’re different.

I mean we do realize that high school team couldn't cover dudes 2 yard down the field? Everyone was open on almost every play. TVD's so called quick release is more bunk logic. TVD has done nothing but look horrible against every team he has ever played against other than the worst team Miami has ever played. King would have had 600 yards passing in that game.
Who has tvd played against? I don’t even remember

Who has tvd played against? I don’t even remember

He hasnt had meaningful snaps in any game but he did get in vs UNC and vs Alabama. His comp % against P5 opponents is 0%. The point was more about the fact that he hasn't done anything of note in any game where he actually had to face adversity. No one knows how he will handle an actual rush against our porous OL. If he cant move or he cant throw and make quick decisions on the run he wont last 2 games. How a QB handles adversity in this O is everything.

No clue what WILL happen, but I will tell you what I HOPE happens. Let TVD start, and let Garcia see some snaps in 4 games. That will save him a season, but give him some experience. It will also create a couple years of separation between the two, meaning Garcia could still get 2-3 full years of starting once TVD is done.

That all changes if TVD craps out and Garcia kills it. In that case, just go with Garcia, obviously. All things being equal, I hope they try to save Garcia a year by getting him a redshirt, and some experience along the way.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back