QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the agents and people in his camp you’d think there’d be somebody with sense talking to him. Word is the agent is pushing college , and you know why that is lol

Getting paid TWO times is better than ONE time?

:LOL:

Advertisement
Somehow Miami always has the I can’t believe that happened, happen.
we shall see
Kind of like the I can't believe we just flipped the top DT from Ohio State? But I do get your point, but we are also not the same as always.

Advertisement
Agent fee for nfl deal 3-5 percent of deal “marketing deal for nil” 20 percent of deal minimum

Yes, basically correct.

I'd also point out that the NIL deal is "higher percentage" but "lower total", while the NFL money may be "higher total" but "lower percentage".

It's possible that the agent makes the same money on either SINGLE deal, but doing back-to-back deals means the agent gets to double-dip.

I think Moss opened eyes there. He has a legit shot to start.

Yes. And more intriguingly, I think his mom works at USC and he is all about USC. So I don't think Moss is going anywhere even if USC brings in a transfer.

And while some people might praise that as "admirable", it also becomes tricky for Riley if Moss out-performs anyone that Riley brings in from the Portal.

Fascinating stuff.

Advertisement
I’ll say the same thing as I said over the summer when everyone was freaking out and on suicide watch with with recruiting “ let’s wait until it’s all over before we lose our ****”.

We have plenty of time to ***** during the season.

if ward goes to the pros or somewhere else and there's a QB we like who has graduated at his current school (a QB who likes a ton of money to be our Qb for a year too), does the jan2nd portal window matter - as long as he enrolls here before jan24th?

say the same thing as I said over the summer when everyone was freaking out and on suicide watch with with recruiting “ let’s wait until it’s all over before we lose our ****”.

We have plenty of time to ***** during the season.
You’re locked in **** with us Cribby for 9 months

Screaming The Muppets GIF

Yes, basically correct.

I'd also point out that the NIL deal is "higher percentage" but "lower total", while the NFL money may be "higher total" but "lower percentage".

It's possible that the agent makes the same money on either SINGLE deal, but doing back-to-back deals means the agent gets to double-dip.
Think it has been stated that since these NIL deals with “agents” aren’t under the same scrutiny like NFL deals with Registered agents some of these athletes are giving up %’s of LIFETIME earnings. Not just a % or whatever deal they are signing

Advertisement
So just to be clear, Miami is offering him what he would make in his first year of an NFL contract if he was selected in the late 2nd round?

I saw someone say ESPN said his decision was coming by new years or something. Any truth to that?

Yes, basically correct.

In this case the agent is making way more on a million dollar nil deal with us than he would a 4th round qb guarantee or 500k

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back