QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
With all the agents and people in his camp you’d think there’d be somebody with sense talking to him. Word is the agent is pushing college , and you know why that is lol
Does anyone has a timeline on this thing, UM add drop date for classes are two weeks so they should hurry this thing up

With all the agents and people in his camp you’d think there’d be somebody with sense talking to him. Word is the agent is pushing college , and you know why that is lol
Just like agents of Miami players push them to portal! Even Miami alums

Advertisement

The agent likely stands to get a bigger, more guaranteed pay day between the NIL deal coupled with a client that will likely net him a significantly larger rookie contract if he plays one more year of college.

But who knows. He’s the one making the decision. Maybe he REALLY doesn’t want to play one more year of college, and has sky high self confidence and expectations of where he’s going to get drafted.

Advertisement
I don’t like how this has been handled but being completely honest I’m not concerned or freaking out. When all the top guys starting falling off to the side and Ward opts for the league then I’ll worry some. I’m sure a simple call to Jefferson explaining the situation and a good potential offer would have him hold off on UCF. At least I’d think they’d do something like that.

CFB is a small world and they know the ballpark we’re offering Ward so you better believe guys will reach out after spring if he goes pro .

All that said I just can’t see this guy being dumb enough to enter the draft. It would be an epic gamble versus the alternative. Jmo.

You know I'm in agreement with you on all of this. I'd like to be a tuff-talker and say "let's move on already", but I think the reality of modern-day recruiting is to burn fewer bridges (such as our conversation last year on Action Jackson, when I thought we might make him burn his free transfer). To the extent that I feel that we maybe "should" move on from Ward, it's not based on hurt feelings, but more of an opinion that I like Howard's game about as much as Ward's.

I don't think there is any scenario in which KJ Jefferson would spurn Miami's opportunity and NIL money for UCF and "Gus Malzahn".

And as for Ward and the NFL Draft...I can agree with you, basically...but then I think about all the previous college guys who have overestimated their own abilities and chosen to go into the draft instead of spending another year in college. So...who knows what this kid will decide...

Agents want money , I’m sure his agent knows where his bread is buttered more with Miami vs a later round pick in the nfl. Where your odds are slim at making a team.
Wouldn't a smart agent look behind door #3.... the one that isn't a late round NFL draft pick, but isn't the risk of Miami's offensive question marks?

Advertisement
day valentines GIF

Agent fee for nfl deal 3-5 percent of deal “marketing deal for nil” 20 percent of deal minimum

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back