QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tate Rodemaker making a visit to UM
Excited Pizza GIF by Teddy Too Big

Advertisement
Wish I had same confidence in Dawson/Mario as you do. I see a OC who prefers high volume short passing game with an occasional strategically placed deep ball in an attempt to keep defenses honest. I don’t see multiple aggressive deep looks within a game, which is what gunslingers like Cam need to get comfortable.

I think Cam can be successful in our scheme, but if you want to truly unlock Cam’s potential (which is why you make him the #1 target), than you scheme to Ward… and that’s where the big question mark for me is.
I’d say it remains to be seen whether Shannon is that guy…he had to deal w the Ultimate Turnover Machine in TVD which then likely led to Meathead Mario injecting his caveman instincts into the game plan which neutered Shannon O.

Advertisement
I’m not even joking when I say he needs to hire an assistant or analyst whose only job is to advise him on timeouts and clock management. It’s ridiculous but we’re stuck with Mario for the foreseeable future so we need to work around his shortcomings.
We wanted the same thing w Butch!!!!!
Very similar maybe worse
Butch sideline issues were legendary
But he quickly got to point w talent that it masked that shortcoming of Chinese fire drills on Sat afternoons

Advertisement
I’d say it remains to be seen whether Shannon is that guy…he had to deal w the Ultimate Turnover Machine in TVD which then likely led to Meathead Mario injecting his caveman instincts into the game plan which neutered Shannon O.
When yall going to realize tbat Mario and Shannon are a match made in heaven.

Shannon probably says I'm going to line up in 13 personnel and run behind Luis on the headset and Mario busts his load

For whatever it's worth, probably not much, Pete Nakos from On3 seems to think FSU is the best fit for Ward bc their offensive system would best prepare him for the NFL...he did mention he doesn't have a real good feel for it tho. Sounded like he was throwing **** at the wall
Yeah the guy with 12K Twitter followers is plugged in with every top portal QB in the country lol.

Colbie Young leveraged it into sweet deal with UGA. Restrepo just broke the single season receiving record.

Dawson leaves a lot to be desired, but I guarantee there is a lot he could do better with good QB play.

Brown showed what he can be in 2025 with some reps in 2024.
i would hope he could put together some more innovative or creative plays and actually USE them in games. There's no excuse for the next QB- he's had 3 to work with already.

You are more optimistic than I am.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We wanted the same thing w Butch!!!!!
Very similar maybe worse
Butch sideline issues were legendary
But he quickly got to point w talent that it masked that shortcoming of Chinese fire drills on Sat afternoons
butch had coordinators and assistants that didn't have 30 iq

I know the offense we watched first 4/5 games of the year was far different than the offense we watched second half of the year…. That tells me they lost faith (rightfully so) in QB. Tried to take the decision making out of TVDs hands.

IF Dawson gets his QB, all bets are off on how the offense looks tbh. That going vertical **** wasn’t just talk. They aired it out until the film caught up to Tyler.
Tyler was hurt by game 6. That affected everything. The last two games were similar to the first 4 but that was after they sat and discussed game plans.
Why do you think another QB will suddenly look different than the three he already called plays for?

i would hope he could put together some more innovative or creative plays and actually USE them in games. There's no excuse for the next QB- he's had 3 to work with already.

You are more optimistic than I am.
2 are developmental with a true freshman coming in who is definitely developmental. It is a no brainer Miami needs to hit a quality QB in the portal. I won't be optimistic until we see who it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back