QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Im Not No Way GIF
Taulia is literally the Big Ten all time leading passer and DJU is a super senior with NFL upside. DJU could come here and put up 3000 total yards 30 total TDs

Taulia is literally the Big Ten all time leading passer and DJU is a super senior with NFL upside. DJU could come here and put up 3000 total yards 30 total TDs

Jonathan Smith is an elite QB whisperer and playcaller. He got the most out of Ukelele because he worked extensively with him to make sure the offense suited his strengths. Dawson ain't that guy. Lil Tua gives more flexibility to go bro style because he is a better passer.

Advertisement
Jonathan Smith is an elite QB whisperer and playcaller. He got the most out of Ukelele because he worked extensively with him to make sure the offense suited his strengths. Dawson ain't that guy. Lil Tua gives more flexibility to go bro style because he is a better passer.
DJU still had 29 total TDs 7ints with Clemson awful play calling. He turned out to be way better then Klubnik

Reactions: WIN
I never thought we were getting Ward. If we do land him it would change the trajectory of the program under Mario in a positive way and would have been a coup.

I just never thought we had a chance at the top QB in the portal, and I’d love to see a show of hands of those that did. Basically this just isn’t a miss nor is it some sort of black mark against the staff for me.

I do believe that some people on here got confident way too quick and jumped the gun which made everything look worse than it actually is, but that happens.

What I was surprised by was that we identified the top dog and we went after him with a purpose. I know I know, moral victories and all but it was encouraging to see the commitment by the program.

Still think we end up with a solid QB from the portal. I wish the Memphis kid jumped in personally but there are otters. Which brings me to my final point and that is we can’t just expect that all of our wishes will be granted through the portal and why these last two classes were so big for us at almost every position. Now if Mario could just figure out game days…

Advertisement
DJU is terrible. Much rather taulia
He is terrible if you’re expecting to compete for a MNC. That’s what killed him at Clemson, they wanted a TLaw or Watson and he wasn’t anywhere close. I think he could help multiple mediocre teams trying to take the next step, one of which is our Canes. Is he my first or fifth option? **** no, but we could do worse.

Last edited:
I never thought we were getting Ward. If we do land him it would change the trajectory of the program under Mario in a positive way and would have been a coup.

I just never thought we had a chance at the top QB in the portal, and I’d love to see a show of hands of those that did. Basically this just isn’t a miss nor is it some sort of black mark against the staff for me.

I do believe that some people on here got confident way too quick and jumped the gun which made everything look worse than it actually is, but that happens.

What I was surprised by was that we identified the top dog and we went after him with a purpose. I know I know, moral victories and all but it was encouraging to see the commitment by the program.

Still think we end up with a solid QB from the portal. I wish the Memphis kid jumped in personally but there are otters. Which brings me to my final point and that is we can’t just expect that all of our wishes will be granted through the portal and why these last two classes were so big for us at almost every position. Now if Mario could just figure out game days…

It less the fact we are trending towards a miss. The issue is we seem to have bungled a viable backup in Howard and are facing no clear solution now heading into January. Whats keeping current skills guys here / attracting portal guys?

Advertisement
There’s a mystery team involved that’ll eventually leak out.
Been trying to pin point it not sure who but quick guess without knowing their future at QB would be Mizzou. Idk if the starter is leaving. Maybe even LSU

It less the fact we are trending towards a miss. The issue is we seem to have bungled a viable backup in Howard and are facing no clear solution now heading into January. Whats keeping current skills guys here / attracting portal guys?
Been saying it from the beginning we will get KJ

I don’t think we were getting Howard either. I do agree with your second point.

Advertisement

The problem is Mario did and let a lot of quality QBs go elsewhere because of it.

We supposedly had a real shot at Will Howard but wanted to wait on Cam.
Kyle Mccord
Will Rogers
Dillon Gabriel
Dante Moore
Taylen Green
Dequan Finn

If Cam Ward, DJU and KJ Jefferson choose to go elsewhere then what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back