QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
at this point I think its just a negotiating tactic by Ward and his agent

Saying your going to wait a week or two then visiting our rival team calls for his agent in his ear trying to get more money

The alternative is it could be the other way around, maybe he's using Miami to get FSU to up the bag because he prefers to play there...

I don’t think there’s any negotiation tactic here. Think it’s just them doing their due diligence and visiting other places. There’s nothing wrong with that.

@DMoney How does Ward or Howard's recruitment affect Jacurri's standing with the program going forward?
tonight show rock GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

“He really liked Miami, liked coach (Mario) Cristobal, coach (Shannon) Dawson, got to meet with the receivers, linemen, running backs, and they really meshed,” dad said.

Mom Patrice adds “Miami did a great job, were impressive. They made us feel like home. It all comes down to Cameron’s decison, and we’re here to support him.”

Calvin also said that Miami coaches asked when Cameron planned on making a decision, and that with the Christmas date the understanding is UM will try to wait but might not be able to with Kansas State’s Will Howard another QB that the Canes are pushing to land.
Wait for Cam. Howard ain't it. But in the meantime, let's also schedule some other QB visits as well

Advertisement
We can't spin the fact that Ward visiting FSU is a bad sign for Miami. I hope (and think) that Mario has a plan but, again, not overly confident it will come to fruition.
Agreed. Say what you want about Norvell, but he has absolutely nailed the portal. FSU shouldn’t be taken lightly here.

Advertisement
It'd be worse if Miami just conceded Ward to our most heated rival instead of standing firm and trusting that we can win the battle once his visits are wrapped up.

Staying patient for now makes perfect sense, even if it would've been ideal to have Ward in the boat prior to the final OV weekend before early signing day. Ward's talent, his fit in the type of offense we saw against A&M, and how much he could raise our ceiling for 2024 are all worth the wait.

So hypothesis based on Ward's statement of "they could have a guy Monday":

Ward and Howard both visit over the weekend. Both are told that they would take either kid's commitment and both are interested in committing. Ward however wants to wait till after the FSU visit to make a decision, perhaps to get visit money, perhaps to test the waters, who knows. Mario says "okay we'll wait to announce but you have till Sunday night, after that we're taking Howard's commitment and best of luck to you."

I think this was all done transparently so Howard and Ward both know the timeline. Howard is apparently willing to wait until this weekend as well (explaining the overall lack of info/leaks/visit plans from his camp.) It would also explain the apparent lack of urgency from UM, the relative silence from insiders, and the call for patience, at least until the end of this weekend.

I suspect we'll know everything we need to by Monday.

It'd be worse if Miami just conceded Ward to our most heated rival instead of standing firm and trusting that we can win the battle once his visits are wrapped up.

Staying patient for now makes perfect sense, even if it would've been ideal to have Ward in the boat prior to the final OV weekend before early signing day. Ward's talent, his fit in the type of offense we saw against A&M, and how much he could raise our ceiling for 2024 are all worth the wait.
That's wrong assuming the reports were true that they have BOTH Ward and Howard as n.1 option.

Advertisement
I don’t think there’s any negotiation tactic here. Think it’s just them doing their due diligence and visiting other places. There’s nothing wrong with that.
This, it’s an important decision and while we wish he visited just us and committed, it’s not exactly a prudent strategy.

Advertisement

Ward and Howard both visit over the weekend. Both are told that they would take either kid's commitment and both are interested in committing. Ward however wants to wait till after the FSU visit to make a decision, perhaps to get visit money, perhaps to test the waters, who knows. Mario says "okay we'll wait to announce but you have till Sunday night, after that we're taking Howard's commitment and best of luck to you."

I think this was all done transparently so Howard and Ward both know the timeline. Howard is apparently willing to wait until this weekend as well (explaining the overall lack of info/leaks/visit plans from his camp.) It would also explain the apparent lack of urgency from UM, the relative silence from insiders, and the call for patience, at least until the end of this weekend.

That's almost exactly what I wrote about an hour ago. It fits all we know as of now.

This, it’s an important decision and while we wish he visited just us and committed, it’s not exactly a prudent strategy.

We pushed for the commitment but obviosuly have to respect the families wishes and what they want to do but also give them a timeline of what the University of Miami needs as well. That way all parties involved have transparency and most importantly the proper expectations of all of this.

Agree with this 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back