QB competition for 2018

I think it will be an open competition at most positions, with this coach. Players will have to earn pt. No guarantee Who will start, but it definitely will be the best player available at every position - no entitlements. I like that he told Malik before the season, “You will never play for me....” Malik then upped his game from wherever he was.

Advertisement
I have never seen Perry or Williams play. Neither has never taken a snap in a college game. Just what I hear both are good. Williams supposedly enrolling in Jan and will.participate in Spring practice. Gives him time to start learning the play book before then. One would hope Perry has the play book memorized by now. If they are as good as advertised I can see one of them being the starter. If not we are still hurting at QB. I would give the edge to Perry because he has been here a year.

Idiots continue to blow smoke. 2 bad games by rosier and genius posters 100% positive that Rosier will be replaced at qb next year. Track record of these genius prognosticators usually baseless and wrong. This group of malcontents love to stir up controversy.

+1

Take a look at all the playoffs teams since the playoff system started...

Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston, Blake Sims, JT Barrett/Cardale Jones, Trevor Knight, Connor Cook, Jake Browning, Jalen Hurts, Deshaun Watson, Jake Fromm, Baker Mayfield & Kelly Bryant.

The teams with bum or average QB's usually don't win the Natty.

You might can win in the regular season with average QB play, running the ball & great Defense. But when it matters most & championships are on the line, you better have a good QB that can put a team on his back & win games with his arm.

eciQFmzLkmRl8ciJDG8mO686t-ZIvJDi16KgcbrnO3c.jpg

Advertisement
Idiots continue to blow smoke. 2 bad games by rosier and genius posters 100% positive that Rosier will be replaced at qb next year. Track record of these genius prognosticators usually baseless and wrong. This group of malcontents love to stir up controversy.

Hate to tell you this, but he had a **** of a lot more than 2 bad games. There's a reason our backup QBs never got any burn. It was because Rosier couldn't get a lead on crap teams.

Lol at " two bad games"

Some of these clowns are clueless. Dude hovered in the 50 's comp % , while throwing a ton of bubble screens. Which is god awful.

I have never seen Perry or Williams play. Neither has never taken a snap in a college game. Just what I hear both are good. Williams supposedly enrolling in Jan and will.participate in Spring practice. Gives him time to start learning the play book before then. One would hope Perry has the play book memorized by now. If they are as good as advertised I can see one of them being the starter. If not we are still hurting at QB. I would give the edge to Perry because he has been here a year.

Memorize the playbook.? It only has 16 pages.

Hate to tell you this, but he had a **** of a lot more than 2 bad games. There's a reason our backup QBs never got any burn. It was because Rosier couldn't get a lead on crap teams.

Lol at " two bad games"

Some of these clowns are clueless. Dude hovered in the 50 's comp % , while throwing a ton of bubble screens. Which is god awful.

Kids battled for us all year which I appreciate AND we easily could have had 3 additional L's
- If Coach is willing to make a change in the 4th Quarter of the last regular season game ... pretty sure he is willing to pull the trigger in the off season

Spring will be interesting - No BB or AR - QB's will have to be sharp to stand out .... especially against the D

Advertisement
I see a guy with a really nice release, accuracy, vision, and running ability. Not only running ability, but the smarts to use his running ability to fool teams into thinking he is running, then throwing... accurately. Call me crazy, but I think this guy is a perfect fit.

I saw all that $h!t with Perry to, but He couldn't crack 40% during the QB battle. HS & College are 2 completely different games.

Perry didn't run nearly as much as Williams though

Im just as ****ed with Rosier as y’all are, but I think you guys are just ruling him out. Last year at this time we were all saying if Kaaya went pro then Perry would start. Rosier made GIANT leaps over spring and fall. Im not counting him out, he has another year under his belt, and if he makes the same type of progress that he made last offseason he’s going to keep the job. Either way, competition breeds winners, and if Perry or Williams want the job they have to go take I‎t, bc Rosier isn’t just going to give I‎t up. Win, Win.

Last edited:
I'd be concerned over Perry's durability (unless he's bulked up since I last saw him). Same concern as with Jacory. Williams, on the other hand. looks more ready physically.

Advertisement
Back