Off-Topic Python Challenge

Advertisement
I have tried to get Okefenokee Cane go with me to South Florida to hunt sum piethongs but he hates snakes. No luck. Hopefully I can find someone else to go next year.
I don’t get it. If he hates ‘em, then isn’t that a good reason to want to shoot ‘em?

Only zoos should be allowed to own most of these animals. I went to a party at a house in Athens GA back in the day. Kid who lived there had a pet male lion on a chain in the front yard.
Yeah I don’t get that either. At least lions don’t have a chance of getting out and reproducing and creating an invasive population, but it’s not natural for humans to have a pet lion. What exactly do you think you’re going to get out of that relationship? Animals like this belong in the wild.

Advertisement
Yea i want to shoot this big *** iguanas here in Miami. They **** like dogs. I wonder if i would get in trouble, if i hit it with at least a .380. They eat my avocados too.

Yea i want to shoot this big *** iguanas here in Miami. They **** like dogs. I wonder if i would get in trouble, if i hit it with at least a .380. They eat my avocados too.

Now don’t quote me on this but I believe you can kill them as long as it’s humanely. However that’s defined. But again not sure, I don’t think you can shoot them though. I’m pretty sure you can decapitate them

Now don’t quote me on this but I believe you can kill them as long as it’s humanely. However that’s defined. But again not sure, I don’t think you can shoot them though. I’m pretty sure you can decapitate them
I would assume they are like pigs where you can hunt them at any time and are fine to shoot them. Granted you have to be safe with the gun and not have a house, person, etc in the range of fire.

Advertisement
I would assume they are like pigs where you can hunt them at any time and are fine to shoot them. Granted you have to be safe with the gun and not have a house, person, etc in the range of fire.

I don’t know, my assumption is always that the only time that it’s legal to discharge a gun, is either during self-defense, or somewhere authorized like a shooting range. Technically anyway. But I’m not an expert on that so I could be wrong

I don’t know, my assumption is always that the only time that it’s legal to discharge a gun, is either during self-defense, or somewhere authorized like a shooting range. Technically anyway. But I’m not an expert on that so I could be wrong
Looks like there is limits on residential areas. From what I am seeing things open up once you get to an acre and your neighbors also have an acre.

Also looks like BB guns, pellet guns, or air soft guns are not considered guns so those are fine. So probably use those to take out local invasive species as long as they are small. Though I would personally double check before doing it.

Looks like there is limits on residential areas. From what I am seeing things open up once you get to an acre and your neighbors also have an acre.

Also looks like BB guns, pellet guns, or air soft guns are not considered guns so those are fine. So probably use those to take out local invasive species as long as they are small. Though I would personally double check before doing it.

That sounds right. The thing is most of us are going to be encountering these critters in residential areas. I’m sure if you are out hunting, or in a fairly large rural area, you’ll be OK shooting them, but probably not a really good idea in a residential area.

The thing is, about half or more of most people around, will think you’re some kind of sadistic cruel monster to kill these things. When in reality you’re doing everyone a favor, and trying to do the right thing environmentally.

I’m trying to think what would be a good method to dispatch them when you’re in a residential area, I’m not sure if a pellet gun is going to cut it, but it might. Probably a spear type contraption, or a machete - even better.

Honestly there should be some type of state wide sanctioned program to get rid of these pests. I mean I don’t particularly want to kill any of them, I’d rather the state take care of it. It would be a fūcking mess to kill these things. Then you got to pick them up and get rid of them because you’re just not gonna leave them laying there

Advertisement
That sounds right. The thing is most of us are going to be encountering these critters in residential areas. I’m sure if you are out hunting, or in a fairly large rural area, you’ll be OK shooting them, but probably not a really good idea in a residential area.

The thing is, about half or more of most people around, will think you’re some kind of sadistic cruel monster to kill these things. When in reality you’re doing everyone a favor, and trying to do the right thing environmentally.

I’m trying to think what would be a good method to dispatch them when you’re in a residential area, I’m not sure if a pellet gun is going to cut it, but it might. Probably a spear type contraption, or a machete - even better.

Honestly there should be some type of state wide sanctioned program to get rid of these pests. I mean I don’t particularly want to kill any of them, I’d rather the state take care of it. It would be a fūcking mess to kill these things. Then you got to pick them up and get rid of them because you’re just not gonna leave them laying there
Yeah. They destroy the native wildlife. I don’t know if there are good traps for them?

I know they are trying to make eating lion fish a thing in Florida so that people start to heavily fish them. Not sure about other invasive species and if you can do the same.

Stupid *** people with their exotic pets chucking them when they get tired of them. I hate these invasive species.

Fūck all those **** parrots and iguanas too, they’re not native to Florida. I hate the invasive plants too, like Brazilian pepper.
If I had a dollar for every Brazilian pepper I've cut down

Advertisement
Kudzu envelopes entire trees basically suffocating them from getting Any sunlight and eventually killing the tree. Yrs ago they released a certain type of Beetle, that feasts on the invasive plant. Although it works somewhat, the species growth overrides the Beetles well doing.

I have an incredible Indian Artifact site in Polk County near the Green Swamp...that is COVERED with Brazilian Pepper. I'm talking a vast area. And to start excavating, you must first tunnel through the intertwining branches till you literally drop dead from exhaustion...Lol....In the long run it's worth it, because of the incredible finds I've found....but what a pain in the ***.

Kudzu envelopes entire trees basically suffocating them from getting Any sunlight and eventually killing the tree. Yrs ago they released a certain type of Beetle, that feasts on the invasive plant. Although it works somewhat, the species growth overrides the Beetles well doing.
Yeah, but what are we gonna release to eat those beetles when they start to take over???

https://comb.io/lthy2e

Advertisement
Back