Put a "rest" to the backlash on X

Keep it steady, fellas. If Pope did the dumb **** Restrepo did, you guys would be killing him. Restrepo does it, and he's gutsy.

I'm not going to kill Restrepo or Pope for trying to make plays on PR. But you guys love clamoring for the backup, and when the backup fcks up and makes you look goofy for crying for him for months, you make excuses instead of just saying "Yeah, I guess he wasn't really any better."
Well the difference is... One is a freshman, the other is a jr. Also one has made mistakes MULTIPLE times and the other hasn't shown that he has a tendency of making mistakes.

Advertisement
You know what... I'm sure it has happened but I can't remember D.Wiggins ever jumping up for a ball. On the flip side.... Harley unnecessarily jumps for even the easiest of catches lol

Last edited:
I’m confused on what punt we are *****ing about. The one the Clemson player kicked and he picked up was a brilliant play. The rule states once the punting team touches the ball first that is the worse spot possible it can be spotted. If he picks that up and returns it for a TD we would be talking about how smart he was.
The second off his shoulder he should have realized where he was on the field and let it bounce into end zone freshman mistake

Advertisement
Brilliant play. If he picks that up and returns it for a TD we would be talking about how smart he was.
If he muffs it surrounded by 5 Clemson players on a well field (more likely) he cost us 6. Brilliant isn't the word I'd use.

I love the kid but that probably wasn't the best decision.
But knowing him, I know where his head was at during that moment.

He was eager to give us a spark.
He just needs to understand risk-vs-reward...and know that he's going to be here for 3/4 years and he'll have plenty of chances to make memorable plays.

Man ppl need to give the kid a break. He is a TRUE Freshman. The only reason he is back there is because you have a junior that can’t catch in mark pope who cant handle punt return duties.

I’m confused on what punt we are *****ing about. The one the Clemson player kicked and he picked up was a brilliant play. The rule states once the punting team touches the ball first that is the worse spot possible it can be spotted. If he picks that up and returns it for a TD we would be talking about how smart he was.
The second off his shoulder he should have realized where he was on the field and let it bounce into end zone freshman mistake
That last one is what ppl are complaining about.

Advertisement
If he muffs it surrounded by 5 Clemson players on a well field (more likely) he cost us 6. Brilliant isn't the word I'd use.
Then you don't know the rules of football. The rule on the first one he picked up is that if a punting team player touches the ball it is dead at that spot, but a receiving player may pick it up and return it. A clemson player clearly kicked it and X tried to turn it into a bigger play, even if he muffs it the ball would have been placed where the clemson player kicked it.

even if he muffs it the ball would have been placed where the clemson player kicked it.
So if he picks up the ball & fumbles it they'd wave off the TO but if he returned it for a TD, it's allowed?! I think you've misunderstood the rule.

Advertisement
Back