Purgatory - that’s where we are so settle in

Advertisement
Wonder if these clowns even care that recruits are flipping and stating the reason they're not coming here is *lack of offensive production*. I get it that kids are gonna flip, but it ****es me off to hear them say the reason is our offense. McIntosh flipped to Kirby. If I was Rick, I'd be so embarrassed. So ****ed off that I'm losing kids that should be locks for us, to my old school that showed me the door.

You’d think half our fans never heard an AD talk before. They liked Al Golden, too. They want results as badly as we do, but unlike us their jobs are on the line to make ends meet. Richt wasn’t a bad hire, but letting him call plays wasn’t wise. I have a feeling that when it was allowed, Richt calling plays, he was expected to do better. Alright, hire your son, call your own plays, we will even pay assistant coaches extra OC pay to make you happy. If it doesn’t work, there has to be an exit strategy. So, what is it? James isn’t going to go public with it, and would be a fool to do so at this point.

Just let it play out. Changes are coming, but with two games left we won’t know what they are until after the season.

You’d think half our fans never heard an AD talk before. They liked Al Golden, too. They want results as badly as we do, but unlike us their jobs are on the line to make ends meet. Richt wasn’t a bad hire, but letting him call plays wasn’t wise. I have a feeling that when it was allowed, Richt calling plays, he was expected to do better. Alright, hire your son, call your own plays, we will even pay assistant coaches extra OC pay to make you happy. If it doesn’t work, there has to be an exit strategy. So, what is it? James isn’t going to go public with it, and would be a fool to do so at this point.

Just let it play out. Changes are coming, but with two games left we won’t know what they are until after the season.

Thomas, I understand all that but here is the issue. I don’t think James is sophisticated enough with his decision making to be that sort of forward leaning with his decision making. He’s a guy that’s just lucked into the opportunity and he’s just happy to have this job.

As a result, I think he’ll be happy with 9-4 or 10-3 in perpetuity. All you have to do is read his quotes. “Richt was highly successful for a long time”, etc. No he effing wasn’t! He was a music city and chick filet bowl kinda coach for 93% of his career.

Blake isn’t smart enough to take a nuanced approach to his thinkinh nor is he looking at the metrics that actually matters. He’s looking at overall win % and sees a “highly successful coach”, even though he had only one his conference twice, never made a title appearance, was fired for non performance and the only other jobs hecaanted were the likes of UVA, Maryland, etc (bottom feeders with no expectations to win).

10-12 years...just wait in see. Anyone thinking 0-1 years is setting themselves up for disappointment.

Advertisement
Forum focused on Richt and necessity for him to be fired. In a year or two he is out of here. Problem is that forum over looks the fact that this is 4th bad coach we have had in a row. After every firing we thought things would improve and the Canes would regain their status as one of elite teams in college football. Reality is that things have become progressively worse. The decision makers of the football program will not change their mindset pertaining to hiring the next coach. Next coach will be a clone of the past four. We have entered a phase of no longer being a mediocre program to becoming a bad football program. 6-6 records will be common place . Our record against power 5 teams will be 4-6. If you think things are bad now, the future looks even worse.

Forum focused on Richt and necessity for him to be fired. In a year or two he is out of here. Problem is that forum over looks the fact that this is 4th bad coach we have had in a row. After every firing we thought things would improve and the Canes would regain their status as one of elite teams in college football. Reality is that things have become progressively worse. The decision makers of the football program will not change their mindset pertaining to hiring the next coach. Next coach will be a clone of the past four. We have entered a phase of no longer being a mediocre program to becoming a bad football program. 6-6 records will be common place . Our record against power 5 teams will be 4-6. If you think things are bad now, the future looks even worse.
Why would they not change? They already changed by spending a ton on Richt. Now, after finally spending all that money and getting more of the same, I expect them to be a little upset about the results.

eggs-in-purgatory-puttanesca-style1.jpg

Making me hungry

Advertisement
Both of their contracts run through 2023. They'll both be here another 5 years guaranteed.

How many more examples do we need to become convinced that the University of Miami doesn't care about winning national championships?

In all seriousness if we come out flat and have similar season next year I don’t see richt lasting post 2019

There’s another way, loss of player control. A couple of bench clearing brawls in the last 2 games will get Mork fired. It’s happened before.

Advertisement
Blake James interview today made it crystal clear we’re in purgatory, and nothing short of Richt retiring will change it. James loves Mark Richt, and he’s not putting any pressure on him. It’s over, folks.

That means, we’re going to have to ride Richt out for 10-12 years. That’s Purgatory, folks. Yes, you read that right....10-12 years. Average to above average seasons, decent fundraiser, good public image, and being a good Christian is going to be enough to keep him here for as long as his little heart desires.

Purgatory, folks. Live with it. Hopefully I’ll be alive to see our next championship in 15-20 years

or you can look at it from another perspective and see that Richt can hire a top flight OC and Blake will give him what he wants to make it happen.

So yeah, maybe we are stuck with Richt for the foreseeable future, but it sounds to me that he has the latitude and will be given the resources to hire top flight assistants if he needs to upgrade staff. That is not so dire of a situation in my opinion.

Advertisement
Back