Punters & TEs ouch!

canefrank

Redshirt Freshman
I know we have our two TE recruits coming in, but its a very weak position as of now. The punters with only the snapper on the field and no rush did not look good.....maybe maybe its time to look for a grad transfer here. Neither Feagles nor Jack Spicer looked good, there were several very concerning punts. In fairness Feagles did have a few good punts but at least one that was concerning, One is one too many from our punter.

Advertisement
Advertisement
**** we better not have to watch those shanks and less than 20-yard punts, at a bad time in the game again this year.

Hey some of you hundreds of Fl high school punters that boomed punts in high school, and think your career is now over. Go to the U and walk on.

We used to be the most feared special teams program on the planet.

Kicking. Punting.

Kick Returns. Punt Returns. Blocks heard around the world.

I still don't know where it all went wrong and why we can't fix it with all the talent in So Fla.

We used to be the most feared special teams program on the planet.

Kicking. Punting.

Kick Returns. Punt Returns. Blocks heard around the world.

I still don't know where it all went wrong and why we can't fix it with all the talent in So Fla.

Pretty easy to figure it out why.

Solinger was the best STC we ever had. And we had pro bowlers on our units.

I like Hartley as a recruiter, but his special team units are garbage and we don’t have pro bowlers on the unit.

Kick return and kick coverage was some of the worst I’ve seen in Miami history. Not to mention Shank Feagles

Advertisement
Pretty easy to figure it out why.

Solinger was the best STC we ever had. And we had pro bowlers on our units.

I like Hartley as a recruiter, but his special team units are garbage and we don’t have pro bowlers on the unit.

Kick return and kick coverage was some of the worst I’ve seen in Miami history. Not to mention Shank Feagles

To be fair...not a single college football team has pro bowlers on the team.

Last edited:
It was Feagles 1st year. I'm not writing him off............................................................yet.

He can and probably will turn it around quickly this year.

I mean, expert advice from dad is only a phone call away

I just don't understand how we can not get a decent punter. Feagles is just not good.
I can see a shank once or twice a year, but not one every game. Looks to be a lack of concentration

Do Feagles and Irvin have daddy issues or what? How can you have a HOF father WR and can’t catch? Text your dads, young men.

Advertisement
**** we better not have to watch those shanks and less than 20-yard punts, at a bad time in the game again this year.

Hey some of you hundreds of Fl high school punters that boomed punts in high school, and think your career is now over. Go to the U and walk on.

I have a friend who is doing this right now. His name is Suleman Burrows. Fantastic kid. I think he would definitely be an upgrade over Feagles. He's walking on at kicker at the moment, but we definitely need help at punter.
Sulemanburrows.com

I wont lie.. after living through a true freshman punter, the thought of a true freshman kicker worries the **** out of me. I have no issues with Baxa and I'm glad we signed him. Its just asking a lot of a true freshman kicker to replace Badgley on its own. And his first game is on the road, in his home state, against LSU, in a nationally televised game, that we need to win to have any shot at the playoffs. How Baxa performs will have a major effect on our offense too. There will be 4th downs that we will or wont keep our offense on the field for based soley on whether or not Baxa can make the kick. Thats a lot of pressure.

Advertisement
I know we have our two TE recruits coming in, but its a very weak position as of now. The punters with only the snapper on the field and no rush did not look good.....maybe maybe its time to look for a grad transfer here. Neither Feagles nor Jack Spicer looked good, there were several very concerning punts. In fairness Feagles did have a few good punts but at least one that was concerning, One is one too many from our punter.
Meh...no offense, but yours is just one opinion. I've seen at least three other reports that Feagals has 2 not great but still good punts and everything else he did was very good. Spicer is the backup punter and will stay the backup punter. Hartley said Thursday that he recruited Bubba Baxa to be our starting place kicker, but he won't be here for another month or two, so it's clear we weren't expecting to be wowed on the kicking game.

To be fair...not a single college football team has pro bowlers on the team.

need i remind you..

Antrell Rolle, Taylor, Vima, DJ, hester....

Pro bowlers. We had top tier guys AND excellent coaching out ST units. This is not even a debate.

need i remind you..

Antrell Rolle, Taylor, Vima, DJ, hester....

Pro bowlers. We had top tier guys AND excellent coaching out ST units. This is not even a debate.

My point remains. Not one single NCAA football team has pro bowlers playing.

I have a friend who is doing this right now. His name is Suleman Burrows. Fantastic kid. I think he would definitely be an upgrade over Feagles. He's walking on at kicker at the moment, but we definitely need help at punter.
Sulemanburrows.com

Tell him good luck, punting is one of the things that doesn't change as drastically moving from HS to College, just go boom it and everything will be alright. He can work on the coffin corner stuff.

Advertisement
Back