Punters & TEs ouch!

I'm not worried about the kicking game nearly as much as the punting game. Some guys here are acting like Badgley was the second coming of Janikowski. The guy regressed each of the last two years and only made 73.9% of his attempts last year (compared to 80.8% in 2016 and 83.3% in 2015). That won't cut it.

As for Feagles, does he even have competition or is the job locked up? It wasn't just the shanks, it was a lack of hangtime that put us in countless bad situations due to his weak *** punts.

Advertisement
I'm not worried about the kicking game nearly as much as the punting game. Some guys here are acting like Badgley was the second coming of Janikowski. The guy regressed each of the last two years and only made 73.9% of his attempts last year (compared to 80.8% in 2016 and 83.3% in 2015). That won't cut it.

As for Feagles, does he even have competition or is the job locked up? It wasn't just the shanks, it was a lack of hangtime that put us in countless bad situations due to his weak *** punts.

100%

Fadgley was a ******* clown.

Problem is once you put a punter on scholarship it's locked up man. Teams generally can't afford having multiple punters, snappers and place kickers on scholly. Unless feagles is really really bad this upcoming season i don't for see richt and Hartley bringing in another punter on scholarship.

Sadly being a d1 punter consistency is the name of the game.. Feagles may still be adjusting to the college speed in regards to adjusting to catching and molding the snap plus his get off time

Has any thought been given to moving Langham to tight end? I think he may get squeezed out of the WR rotation and seems strong enough to block. I think Brevin plays day 1. Having Langham there would give Mallory time to add weight.

Advertisement
100%

Fadgley was a ******* clown.
Meh...I'm probably not as hard on the true freshman punter as I should be, but I can say this: I don't care if he averages 50+ this season, he'll always be the guy with a -1 yard punt that wasn't blocked. I've seen some shanks in my day, but ****.

I know we have our two TE recruits coming in, but its a very weak position as of now. The punters with only the snapper on the field and no rush did not look good.....maybe maybe its time to look for a grad transfer here. Neither Feagles nor Jack Spicer looked good, there were several very concerning punts. In fairness Feagles did have a few good punts but at least one that was concerning, One is one too many from our punter.
Im REALLY worried about our special teams period costing us this year. Punters are both horrible & baxa is a true freshman & we got no clue how that translates once the lights come on. Im praying **** be ready & he can punt as well. Spicer & feagles just aint the answer right now.

Im REALLY worried about our special teams period costing us this year. Punters are both horrible & baxa is a true freshman & we got no clue how that translates once the lights come on. Im praying **** be ready & he can punt as well. Spicer & feagles just aint the answer right now.
Man all these different views of the same game bout to have me pulling my hair out. I seen two others say Feagals did well, but Spicer was trash. I'm bout ready to pay for a banner demanding Spring Games be televised from here on out...

Man all these different views of the same game bout to have me pulling my hair out. I seen two others say Feagals did well, but Spicer was trash. I'm bout ready to pay for a banner demanding Spring Games be televised from here on out...
Feagles was meh while spicer was oh no! Maybe people are content with 35 yard punts as averages. Im not.

Advertisement
I didn't specifically see Feagles struggle during the spring game. He looked OK. Nothing spectacular but nothing terrible either.

As for tight ends, Brian Polendy out there looking like Jeremy Shockey. If not for Brian Hightower's incredible game, I would have said Polendy had the best game catching the ball.

I didn't specifically see Feagles struggle during the spring game. He looked OK. Nothing spectacular but nothing terrible either.

As for tight ends, Brian Polendy out there looking like Jeremy Shockey. If not for Brian Hightower's incredible game, I would have said Polendy had the best game catching the ball.
Very encouraging news regarding Polendy.

All I've heard is that he's a stiff and he drops everything. He had a couple nice catches in the scrimmage including a sweet diving catch on a long pass from Perry.

well let's hope he's a gamer then

I've always liked the idea of langham going to TE btw, he's got the frame for it right?

he's not gonna beat out these guys we got at WR, it's stunning how much talent has been put together there

Advertisement
well let's hope he's a gamer then

I've always liked the idea of langham going to TE btw, he's got the frame for it right?

he's not gonna beat out these guys we got at WR, it's stunning how much talent has been put together there
I keep hearing the knock on Langham is that he isn't physical enough and that he doesn't play within his 6-4, 240 lb frame. If that is indeed the case, I don't see him thriving being moved to a position requiring more physicality. Think Gus Edwards at fullback.

Anybody at tight end with a frame has to be better than what I saw out of Michael Irvin Jr. I say try it what do you have to lose he gets on the field more its not like Mallory, Pelendey, MIjr going to come in and be work class blockers at TE. He would have the best hands at TE on the team depending on how Brevin looks.

Has any thought been given to moving Langham to tight end? I think he may get squeezed out of the WR rotation and seems strong enough to block. I think Brevin plays day 1. Having Langham there would give Mallory time to add weight.

That has been discussed/suggested a ton-- along with Cager and Njoku-- and it doesn't seem very likely.

Advertisement
I have a friend who is doing this right now. His name is Suleman Burrows. Fantastic kid. I think he would definitely be an upgrade over Feagles. He's walking on at kicker at the moment, but we definitely need help at punter.
Sulemanburrows.com
A left-footed punter! We would be the Patriots!!!!!!

Advertisement
Back