Punter ?

Wtf is going on, I expect a scholarship kicker to be able to kick it more than 40 yard and not to have one shank a game

this is the same punter that held us in the FSU game...calm down Feagles is solid true freshman

Huh?

He punted 8 times for a 43.6 average and a long of 52.

FSU's punter was 7 times for 44.9 and a long of 57.

36.3 vs Toledo
28.8 vs Duke
43.6 vs FSU
37.8 vs Ga Tech
38.5 vs Syracuse
38.1 vs UNC
40.3 vs Va Tech
38.5 vs ND
37.3 vs Virginia
36.7 vs Pitt

Supposedly had a stronger leg than Vogel. He needs to get his **** together.
That’s not scholarship worthy

Advertisement
I haven't had a chance to go back and watch tape on Feagles, but i plan to because i want to watch his technique.

Throughout the year, i mentioned to a buddy a few times that Feagles holds the ball extremely high and doesn't drop it like quite like other punters. Obviously doing so eliminates the risk of "shanks" because you're practically kicking out of your hand, but also reduces power and distance because you're making contact with the ball much higher after you lose momentum of your leg....kicking at that angle may add hang-time while sacrificing distance as well since it goes more vertical and less horizontal. If someone else is watching anytime soon, compare his form to that of other top punters. See if you notice anything.

Advertisement
Bosher averaged like 33 yards a punt his freshman year. Now he’s one of the best punters in the league. This is a dumb thread.

Exactly. Mike Rumph got routinely toasted as a freshman and develped into an all world corner. Our punter is fine, great pedicree and, according to reports, booms the punts in practice. Just has to get comfortable punting in front of 60,000 screaming fans. Not something he was use to in high school. I have confidence he will be great next year.

Bosher averaged like 33 yards a punt his freshman year. Now he’s one of the best punters in the league. This is a dumb thread.

Exactly. Mike Rumph got routinely toasted as a freshman and develped into an all world corner. Our punter is fine, great pedicree and, according to reports, booms the punts in practice. Just has to get comfortable punting in front of 60,000 screaming fans. Not something he was use to in high school. I have confidence he will be great next year.

Did he have 13 yard punt every other game .

60,000 a little short of that number in pitt. Plus he at home for last month...should watch him in prewarm ups. He is so slow like overthinking.

60,000 a little short of that number in pitt. Plus he at home for last month...should watch him in prewarm ups. He is so slow like overthinking.

Heck he got one blocked because how lethargic he is . Other can give him a pass I’m not. The kid is on scholarship to kick and so far he can’t kick . He going to cost us games if this doesn’t get fixed . His onside punts are not acceptable

Advertisement
I just checked 247. Somehow he was the 5th ranked punter in the nation coming out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back