Psychological approach too soft from Golden?

canesstevealum08

"Wyatt, I am rolling!"
Premium
What I mean is, if he was less process oriented and more "win now no excuses" would he have won more games in the past 3 yrs? I'm tempted to think this is what separates him from Saban Meyer Miles most.

Advertisement
I know I shouldn't but I am really more apt to see what this team does this year. The roster is completely (if not almost gutted) he has his guys in there
experience Jrs that are elite players, no restrictions...

The only thing I hate hearing him say is "We are still really a long way away" when someone ask him how long until Miami is back...that to me psychologically does something to your players, fan base, and administration...I am not sure if he is buying more time or what

I think he acts a little to "brainy". JJ was in your face type who didn't "like" any opponent. Al has too much "respect" for other coaches. He hates Muschump and team played that way against the gator. Result: big physical win. Team take personality of coach usually. I think if Al brought a little more "kick this *******'s a..." to the practice field, the team would look more like what we want. If he continues the psu nice guy crap, it might take him 15 years to back into a NC. Since this it not psu, he will be long gone by then. Nothing wrong with process IF kicking the crap out of people is part of each and every part of the process. This is not ballroom dancing, it is football. Process is more important to offense. Defense needs delivery of pain to be a crucial element of its "process". Sometimes a smart defense comes along and does well. The Dolphin No Name comes to mind. But it had a lawyer at mlb and future MD at outside linebacker with really smart strong safety. However it also had drug-crazed NT, phenom free safety, another outside lb nickname captain crunch, a four time all pro DE, and the greatest DC ever. Short of that, please bring the pain.

I know I shouldn't but I am really more apt to see what this team does this year. The roster is completely (if not almost gutted) he has his guys in there

The only thing I hate hearing him say is "We are still really a long way away" when someone ask him how long until Miami is back...that to me psychologically does something to your players, fan base, and administration...I am not sure if he is buying more time or what

I agree. Someone needs to put his first press conference on a loop replay in his office. That is the coach we need and want. He set the bar. Now he needs to clear it.

Advertisement
His first real recruiting class are now Juniors, this is when we should start seeing what a golden miami team will really look like.

What I mean is, if he was less process oriented and more "win now no excuses" would he have won more games in the past 3 yrs? I'm tempted to think this is what separates him from Saban Meyer Miles most.

I agree with 100% i think that was the only thing missing from him being a great coach instead of a good coach. but i do believe he has turn the page somewhat. i think he picked that class of 2014 as "Special" because they didnt leave him hanging now that they are gone he can go back to coaching physical.

he said numerous of time during the spring that it was time to step up. he not playing no garbage players no more. What we will show if Golden has change is if Jamal Carter or Dallas Crawford start over Rashawn Jenkins. He missed all of spring and them boys brought the Heat. if he comes back and not 3rd on the depth chart something is wrong. even when healthy Rashawn didnt bring the heat like those 2.

His first real recruiting class are now Juniors, this is when we should start seeing what a golden miami team will really look like.

and when he doesn't deliver in 2014, we will have 2015 with same old song and dance...

and when he doesn't deliver in 2014, we will have 2015 with same old song and dance...

It really depends on what your expectations are.... last year, I had us as an 8 or 9 win team. . We started off hot, then lost duke, then dorsett and we regressed to the mean. My expectations were met. It was a disappointment, but considering we lost our best player, it is what is.

Advertisement

You crying on this thread too!?!?! Geeesh!

350.gif

215.gif

It really depends on what your expectations are.... last year, I had us as an 8 or 9 win team. . We started off hot, then lost duke, then dorsett and we regressed to the mean. My expectations were met. It was a disappointment, but considering we lost our best player, it is what is.

Bar should be 10+ and coastal out right... We will see.

My opinion, but I think the "psychology degree" and the "PSU/Jersey-Style Football" angles are wayyyy overplayed. Golden has enough legitimate faults as a coach without inventing more.

Bar should be 10+ and coastal out right... We will see.

I like to assess our team realistically, I think our young/inexperienced QB will cost us some games. I could be wrong, baby Jesus might be a stud, but I have to take that into account.

Advertisement
My opinion, but I think the "psychology degree" and the "PSU/Jersey-Style Football" angles are wayyyy overplayed. Golden has enough legitimate faults as a coach without inventing more.

+1000000

I'm not buying the psychology angle by our fans... I think the guy is still learning on the job... I think it took him about 3 years to realize he wasn't at Temple anymore and his tactics had to change for big time football...

Advertisement
He needs to hold himself accountable with his actions and not just his words.

i agree. Al does know that this kids are only on the team for four years or less doesn't he? if it's that complex of a scheme maybe he should dumb it down considering he's working with amateur athletes in a limited span of time.

Psychological approach too soft from Golden?
Yes.
Was watching Miami's spring game on ESPN and a commercial for CFB came on w/ audio of coaches saying:

"We made a commitment to have flawless tempo!"

"Did you strive for greatness today?! If not, today is wasted. And there's not many days we can afford to waste."

I just don't see AG putting that kind of "pressure" on the student-athletes.
Still, I hope some leaders step up and talk that game laterally.
v
v
v
156.jpg

Advertisement
Back