Protecting the OT's

There's things you can do to help a line struggling to pass protect besides just leaving more guys in to block. Mainly, running the ball more and using more short passes and /or screens. Maybe if they didn't abandon the run (in a close game too), the play action stuff would have been more effective.

A lot of the delay of game/late huddle stuff is the exact reason coaches don't like using freshmen QBs early in the season. Playing QB is more than just throwing to open receivers, you've got to keep the offense organized and on the correct pace. I'm not nearly as stressed as others here. I think the offense did some really good stuff. Plenty of room for improvement but lots of encouraging signs. I'm not sure how anybody who knows football could honestly expect the offense to just jump out and dominate with all these new pieces.

Advertisement
Enos had 9 months to scheme for two 5th year senior DEs with a combined fiftyleven hundred sacks, and he delivered a paper bag filled with flaming **** to our doorsteps.

Steeeerike 1

Disagree a little. The first drive was a thing of beauty. Not sure why he went away from what was working and that was frustrating.

Do we slide Reed in at RG if Scaife switches to either tackle spot?

Also, why do you think they didn't leave Brevin in to block more or bring Irvin out to help?
Been saying this since the game. Idk why we didn’t have a tight end help Campbell and/or Zion out. Scaife needs to be at T next game, put Reed at G, and stick with Zion. At least Zion didn’t commit 439 penalties like Campbell.

Advertisement
The motions and shifts were working early on. It just feels like we went away from it a little bit due to the offense lining up to the ball late getting pre snap or delay of game penalties. Seemed like they stopped doing that after those kept piling up in addition to barely getting the ball off as the clock seemed like it kept running . We need to clean that up for sure in terms of getting the play and lining up so we can do the motions and shifts presnap.
Been saying the same thing. Whatever went wrong that they couldn't get the plays in and up to the line fast enough must not have been fixable in game. Probably just a youth thing, but man, concerning that they weren't capable of that from the jump.

I’ve talked about us keeping the tight ends In on pass protection in several threads and getting the running backs in the passing game to supplement the tight ends staying into block.

Yea that elite defense that that ranked was 10th in the SEC in rush defense. The same defense everyone on this board claimed had terrible LB's and Safeties that Enos would "feast on"

Safeties. We challenged them once. Touchdown Brevin Jordan.

Their safeties truly suck.

It’s befuddling

Advertisement
The motions and shifts were working early on. It just feels like we went away from it a little bit due to the offense lining up to the ball late getting pre snap or delay of game penalties. Seemed like they stopped doing that after those kept piling up in addition to barely getting the ball off as the clock seemed like it kept running . We need to clean that up for sure in terms of getting the play and lining up so we can do the motions and shifts presnap.
Bruh, coming into the game, I KNEW that there is 35 second play clock...However, after attending this game, I CONVINCED that there HAS to have been a silent rule change to 25 seconds(because in my estimation, we started with 25 seconds in about 70-80% of our offensive snaps & that’s NOT INCLUDING some snaps where the playclock was running BEFORE the chains were set!)

Bruh, coming into the game, I KNEW that there is 35 second play clock...However, after attending this game, I CONVINCED that there HAS to have been a silent rule change to 25 seconds(because in my estimation, we started with 25 seconds in about 70-80% of our offensive snaps & that’s NOT INCLUDING some snaps where the playclock was running BEFORE the chains were set!)
It just seemed like our clock was running so **** fast

Advertisement
Enos had 9 months to scheme for two 5th year senior DEs with a combined fiftyleven hundred sacks, and he delivered a paper bag filled with flaming **** to our doorsteps.

Steeeerike 1

That paper bag drops 27 on the Turds if Thomas doesn’t drop a pass or Mallory doesn’t hold right?

That’s not good enough? If not what is?

That paper bag drops 27 on the Turds if Thomas doesn’t drop a pass or Mallory doesn’t hold right?

It wasn't all bad but we needed to max protect late in the game when it was clear our OTs couldn't hold up.

Miami's final 3 drives:

8 plays, 15 yards, missed FG
7 plays, 29 yards, downs
10 plays, -2 yards, downs

Advertisement
Blocking was a disaster all around. There were sacks caused by wrs, TEs, guards, tackles, everyone. Really bad stuff

27 points is not enough. That ranked 81st in the country last year. And what does Mallory's hold have to do with anything? We had the ball first and 10 on the 11 yard line after his hold.

I don't disagree with any comments. I'm disappointed we didn't win also. BUT, after both teams sloppy play, we had 1st and 10 from the gators 40 with 4 minutes and all the momentum. We went backwards. That's what separates 11-3 this year from 7-5. I still think 11-3 with a Bowl win is a great 1st year.

Advertisement
Back